British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

If Kenneth can repeat his form of 2017, he had a home average of 10.17, & an away average of 8.00, we will have a very strong top two. I would like to see us get Jack Holder as he has potential to improve his average, and was exciting to watch at the NSS last year.

Just think what a treat we have when Cookie and Rohan return for the opposition at the NSS, both busting a gut to prove the management wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ouch said:

Max & Ken announced. 

Phew, thank goodness for that, head in a better place now.

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'm happy with wells. A good 5 point man. Will get u 6 points home and away 

Has Wells been confirmed along with the top 2?

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Has Wells been confirmed along with the top 2?

No but he’s coming. The team I posted earlier will be the 7, unless we have unforeseen circumstances 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Phew, thank goodness for that, head in a better place now.

This will be a very good team. A solid top 2, as good as anything in the league imo. Then good 2nd strings of which any will step up on a given night and become a 3rd heat leader. Oh and strong reserves. Will be a play off team I have no doubt about that.

Wouldn’t go for Berge personally although Lemon seems to like him. Flattered to deceive for us at end of season and wasn’t much better than what we let go.

just looked at his Championship average as well and didn’t realize it was just 5.03???

Persoanlly I would rather go with one of the 2 young Aussie lads, Pickering or Campton alongside Lidsey. All Aussie boys together so should get on well and maybe have a bit of friendly rivalry as well.

1 hour ago, acef said:

No but he’s coming. The team I posted earlier will be the 7, unless we have unforeseen circumstances 

Thats a shame - I wouldve been happy to see Wells as a Witch 

If that is the team I can understand that some will see a few question marks, has Worrall recovered mentally and physically to be back to his form at the beginning of 2018, will Dan be fully recovered and quickly get back to his pre injury form and will Lidsey settle in to the the British tracks and do a good job at reserve?

I'm confident that we have a good top 2, that Dan will carry on where he left off, Lidsey will show what an outstanding prospect he is, that we have two solid second strings who will also produce some match winning performances and that Berge will do well at the NSS and some of the away tracks. It's difficult without knowing all of the other line ups but I think we can get into the play offs. If things go wrong we can play the game and make changes mid season.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Well pleased with the signing of Fricke and Bjerre,

As long as we sign racers rather than riders, that will do me

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Not sure what to make of the rumoured 1-7. Might be one of those teams that are hit and miss. How do you feel about the rumoured 1-7?

1. Max Fricke

2. Ricky Wells

3. Dan Bewley

4. Steve Worrall

5. Kenneth Bjerre

6. Jaimon Lidsey

7. Dimitri Berge 

If that is the rumoured team, it is relying heavily on Lidsey being assessed at 4.00. The other question I would have is that if this is plan "a" team, do we have a backup plan if for example that Dan Bewley is not fit at the start of the season.

We do not want a repeat of the Steve Worrall  situation of last season, where we had constant guests & R/R.

4 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Not sure what to make of the rumoured 1-7. Might be one of those teams that are hit and miss. How do you feel about the rumoured 1-7?

1. Max Fricke

2. Ricky Wells

3. Dan Bewley

4. Steve Worrall

5. Kenneth Bjerre

6. Jaimon Lidsey

7. Dimitri Berge 

Cant believe no room for Auty or Wright or Garrity  oh wait a minute Aussie team manager,need for a change

6 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Cant believe no room for Auty or Wright or Garrity  oh wait a minute Aussie team manager,need for a change

Nothing to do with him being an Aussie given that there are only 2 Aussies in the team - one who has been at the club for a few years and still improving and the other most teams would have liked to sign and new to the UK. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, speedy bill said:

I am not convinced with this side,looks to many  ifs/but's in it but i believe Fricke can really kick on again and Lidsey is a talent.Bjerre for Cookie? not for me Cookie all day long Worrall and Dan are the key can they both comeback from injury i hope so.

8 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Erm..... only 2 Aussies in that team. U make it sound like it's 7 of them. And Wright is somewhere else 

Bjerre had a 10+ point home average in 2017 and 8 away from home. If he can get near that then he will be a great signing. It's a like for like signing for me signing bjerre for cook.

Lidsey is a great talent but will need time to settle in. Worrall should be fine. Got all winter to get even fitter. His leg will be even stronger than before the break now. 

Bewley is the big risk but hopefully kildermand will be in for the first no1 th or 2 as a temp replacement