British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

On 12/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, Rob B said:

Playoff Kenny did great in the 2017 play off semi final until was wrongy excluded in heat 13 which cost us. Could also say Cook scoring 3, FX, FX, 1' = 4+1 at Wolverhampton also cost us! I know which rider I prefer and its not Cook!

Personally I would like both, Kenny makes us stronger at home. Craig made us stronger away, however ML had decisions to make and choose Kenny for his strength around the NSS and his lower average gave us extra lower down the order.

It’ll be Interesting to see what the middle order / reserves will be ?

BV need riders who will regularly score 6 / 7 points away from the NSS , it’s this that has let the Aces down in recent years 

Edited by WestGorton1884

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am not convinced with this side,looks to many  ifs/but's in it but i believe Fricke can really kick on again and Lidsey is a talent.Bjerre for Cookie? not for me Cookie all day long Worrall and Dan are the key can they both comeback from injury i hope so.

you worry about your bottom end lampart ??? shanes ??? zak ???? weak & will be found out !!

• Haha 1

I don’t often agree with Geoff but he’s bang on here.

That Swindon team has a long tail and will struggle on the road. One of those heat leaders has a bad day and there will be trouble

1 hour ago, acef said:

That Swindon team has a long tail and will struggle on the road. One of those heat leaders has a bad day and there will be trouble

God help Swindon if they have to use R/R for any of their top 4.

2 hours ago, acef said:

all about opinions :party::t:

58 minutes ago, proud panther said:

God help Swindon if they have to use R/R for any of their top 4.

There will be some good guests about as the clubs are split between running on mon or thurs.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, Rob B said:

Our 2018 team added upto 45.34 (the highest in the league) so we had to drop nearly 3 points off that. Tungate was never going to improve his average and is poor away from NSS, Bjerre is on a baragin average and can put a point on that.

I wanted Tungate  to stay (and I think you are wrong about his away performances) but it would be very difficult indeed to suggest that he is a better option than Bjerre, especially given their starting averages.

25 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I wanted Tungate  to stay (and I think you are wrong about his away performances) but it would be very difficult indeed to suggest that he is a better option than Bjerre, especially given their starting averages.

Tungate  rode 13 home meetings in 2018 and his average at the NSS was 8.14. He rode 12 away for an average of 6.22.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

There will be some good guests about as the clubs are split between running on mon or thurs.

That's the thing, they're not split. Only Wolverhampton are confirmed Monday's. King's Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich, Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon have chosen Thursday. The Thursday clubs have occasional Monday meetings 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, they're not split. Only Wolverhampton are confirmed Monday's. King's Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich, Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon have chosen Thursday. The Thursday clubs have occasional Monday meetings 

I thought I saw a list where more were using monday, still never mind

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

I'm probably way of date,so excuse me if that is the case, but I thought it was guest for No 1 only ?

26 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

I'm probably way of date,so excuse me if that is the case, but I thought it was guest for No 1 only ?

It's top 3.

13 hours ago, Alan_Jones said:

It's top 3.

Guest for number one then guest or RR for second or third but as we are looking at fixed race nights, most possible guests are usually riding the same night elsewhere so RR is often used. 

Ricky Wells would be a bargain on an average under six and pairing him with Dan Bewley would be a strong partnership with both capable of adding a point to their averages despite being a partnership.

22 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Guest for number one then guest or RR for second or third but as we are looking at fixed race nights, most possible guests are usually riding the same night elsewhere so RR is often used. 

Ricky Wells would be a bargain on an average under six and pairing him with Dan Bewley would be a strong partnership with both capable of adding a point to their averages despite being a partnership.

Is Wells that great on the big tracks? i am not convinced he would do great at home away yes certainly can score useful points for me Wolves is his home.