British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

24 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is Wells that great on the big tracks? i am not convinced he would do great at home away yes certainly can score useful points for me Wolves is his home.

On his limited visits, he has done very well. In fact he surprised me somewhat in the craven meeting, he was dynamite .

15 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, they're not split. Only Wolverhampton are confirmed Monday's. King's Lynn, Peterborough, Ipswich, Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon have chosen Thursday. The Thursday clubs have occasional Monday meetings 

Not forgetting Good Friday and the occasional Wednesday!!

1 hour ago, acef said:

On his limited visits, he has done very well. In fact he surprised me somewhat in the craven meeting, he was dynamite .

Just looked a mixed bag really, 8 pts in the Craven (2017)   6 pts for Rye House (2017)     -  2018.   2 pts from 5 rides in the 90th Anniversary meeting.    and 4 pts from four rides for Leicester.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Last few years wells as been topnperformer in championship behind GP rider cookie. Not bad if u tell me. 

Wells is a great signing on a 5.76 average as 2nd string. He will constantly get you 5/7 points most meeting. Much prefer that to the 12 1 meeting and 1 the next that we are used to. 

I have to laugh at fans sometimes. Belle vue fans are the worse. They expect us to sign 7 heat leaders over on my Facebook page. Don't think they understand that your team as an average limit. 

But as I always say. Belle vue fans are thick (ME included)

On 12/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, acef said:

Happy with that. Guess Lindsey is a 4 then

Fricke.........8.20

Worral........6.32

Wells..........5.77

Bewley........7.31

Bjerre.........7.02

Berge.........4.0

Lidsey........4.0

correct me if I'm wrong but that team totals 42.62.????????? I took the averages from the SGB website

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Last few years wells as been topnperformer in championship behind GP rider cookie. Not bad if u tell me. 

Wells is a great signing on a 5.76 average as 2nd string. He will constantly get you 5/7 points most meeting. Much prefer that to the 12 1 meeting and 1 the next that we are used to. 

I have to laugh at fans sometimes. Belle vue fans are the worse. They expect us to sign 7 heat leaders over on my Facebook page. Don't think they understand that your team as an average limit. 

happy that you said it, and not me.:D

Edited by hyderd

2 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Guest for number one then guest or RR for second or third but as we are looking at fixed race nights, most possible guests are usually riding the same night elsewhere so RR is often used. 

Guest for any of the top 3 then as you say.

13 minutes ago, hyderd said:

correct me if I'm wrong but that team totals 42.62.????????? I took the averages from the SGB website

Bewley and Worrall’s averages are wrong - they haven’t had the 2.5% deduction taken into account.

The team comes in under the limit therefore 

16 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would Jake Allen be better value on a lower average?  he can also improve.See your point about Wells a steady Eddie type do think Tungate's home points will be really missed we shall see.

5 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Bewley and Worrall’s averages are wrong - they haven’t had the 2.5% deduction taken into account.

The team comes in under the limit therefore 

Good news. Thanks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would Jake Allen be better value on a lower average?  he can also improve.See your point about Wells a steady Eddie type do think Tungate's home points will be really missed we shall see.

Over wells? No.

• Like 1

The club have got the team building bang on this off season.

When you have to shave over 3 points off your team total its always going to make it hard but they have delivered imo. Bjerre is a better rider than cook. It’s as simple as that. Yes he was poor by his standards last season but you know Kenneth will bounce back. He enjoys the nss and is an out and out number 1. Fricke is a huge talent and has got progressively better every season. So given what we had to lose, to end up with a top 2 like that and on those averages is major win. It’s enabled us to go out and get quality 2nd strings and quality reserves, although Lidsey is an unknown quantity.

I think that this years team is better than last years. Quite the achievement under such difficult conditions.

Edited by acef

20 minutes ago, acef said:

The club have got the team building bang on this off season.

When you have to shave over 3 points off your team total its always going to make it hard but they have delivered imo. Bjerre is a better rider than cook. It’s as simple as that. Yes he was poor by his standards last season but you know Kenneth will bounce back. He enjoys the nss and is an out and out number 1. Fricke is a huge talent and has got progressively better every season. So given what we had to lose, to end up with a top 2 like that and on those averages is major win. It’s enabled us to go out and get quality 2nd strings and quality reserves, although Lidsey is an unknown quantity.

I think that this years team is better than last years. Quite the achievement under such difficult conditions.

I prefer Cookie Bjerre might be on the downward slide?  but Belle Vue again will be exciting to watch.

13 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I prefer Cookie Bjerre might be on the downward slide?  but Belle Vue again will be exciting to watch.

Craig has always been very committed to bv and for that I will always be grateful. However. He just isn’t as good as he thinks he is and when he has the number 1 on his back, goes missing. In those huge moments, those big big races, I never felt confident and many bv fans I know felt the same. He does a lot of talking Craig. He needs to zip the mouth, head down, and focus on becoming on what he thinks he can be.

He had the world at his feet last season. Shown up in the GP, lost his spot to an 18 year old in Polska, and had to drop down a league in the uk to make ends meat. This season can’t get a gig abroad. Doubling up again. That’s what Craig is. A decent British rider. Average joe.

Compare to Robert Lambert this season, their trajectories will be poles apart.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, acef said:

Compare to Robert Lambert this season, their trajectories will be poles apart.

Absolutely, that is the benchmark if we are going to be successful. Once Lambert got the number one spot there was no taking it away from even though he had a very fast and experienced rider in the team as competition. Cook was a huge disappointment leading the team and it was only really because of rolling averages he held on to it for as long as he did. Lambert killing it for team GB at Belle Vue showed it too.

We go into the season with two heat leaders who have proven that they can ride as a number one in this league and another in Dan who almost certainly will do at some point in his career. That is what we should be aiming for.