British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

I know it's only on paper but I don't think there's anything in this team to class them as title contenders.

Wolverhampton and Swindon look better and Peterborough's 4 look stronger than Belle Vue's top 4 imo.

I have to agree with Daniel Smith - looks a poor team (likely to be better than Ipswich) but can’t see them making the playoffs with this starting seven - just my opinion

Edited by Steve0

Think this team will do well. Will always have strong reserve(s) and the top 5 will be solid enough. All depends on Lidsey and how he takes to British Speedway.

The only risk is Dan. Otherwise, that is a play off team. Good top 2, really solid second strings of which anyone can step into 3rd heatleader.

Much better reserves than last year as well.

Happy overall 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I have to agree with Daniel Smith - looks a poor team (likely to be better than Ipswich) but can’t see them making the playoffs with this starting seven - just my opinion

Think you need to hang on with the insults until the Witches 7 is announced :P

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think you need to hang on with the insults until the Witches 7 is announced :P

O/K we can wait plenty of time left for insults.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

O/K we can wait plenty of time left for insults.

That should do the trick :t:

• Like 1

Very happy with the team myself. 

Good top 2. Only just behind Swindon  for top 2

Very good 2nd strings in wells and Worrall.

Bewley is a big risk. But by play off time he should be back into the swing of things. And its deffo a risk worth taking. 

Berge is a bit meh. But at belle vue He will be a good reserve. 

Lidsey will be dynamite. Can't wait to see him fly round belle vue. 

• Like 1

Interesting selection, hope Bewley is fully fit for the start of the season. You do realise Lidsey averaged less than Josef Franc in Polish Div 3 last year?

Edited by Col

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Very happy with the team myself. 

Good top 2. Only just behind Swindon  for top 2

Very good 2nd strings in wells and Worrall.

Bewley is a big risk. But by play off time he should be back into the swing of things. And its deffo a risk worth taking. 

Berge is a bit meh. But at belle vue He will be a good reserve. 

Lidsey will be dynamite. Can't wait to see him fly round belle vue. 

Half a lap behind Swindon’s top 2 but looking forward to seeing Lidsey ride.

14 minutes ago, Col said:

Interesting selection, hope Bewley is fully fit for the start of the season. You do realise Lidsey averaged less than Josef Franc in Polish Div 3 last year?

On bare figures yes- but not a great difference but the key is that Franc only had 5 meetings(which could have been all at home!!!) whereas Lidsey did 10. Lidsey is the better rider no doubt.

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

Think this team will do well. Will always have strong reserve(s) and the top 5 will be solid enough. All depends on Lidsey and how he takes to British Speedway.

Most teams have strong reserves, only Swindon that don't atm.

Strength in depth is key so having a couple of 'decent reserves' all season can only be a plus...

Big question marks on Worrall and Bewley in the 'engine room' as both coming back from serious injuries but as we know, it's not where you start in Speedway, it's where you finish...

And this team does give the Aces a chance to assess how it's going in the first couple of months and possibly make changes higher up the order if needed to push for the play offs, without losing that reserve strength..

Replacing a couple of 'middle order riders' with a big hitter (if you can get one) and a slightly lesser second string later in the season, while keeping solid reserves, could be a winning formula...

Be interesting to see Lidsey ride and once dialled in will do well at home. Away maybe a struggle just like Etheridge did. 

Big ask for Bewley to be fit for start of the season. I certainly hope he is.

a fairly decent side but need to view it against others when all announced.

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

On bare figures yes- but not a great difference but the key is that Franc only had 5 meetings(which could have been all at home!!!) whereas Lidsey did 10. Lidsey is the better rider no doubt.

I don't doubt that, just playing Devil's Advocate.