British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Very happy with the team myself. 

Good top 2. Only just behind Swindon  for top 2

Very good 2nd strings in wells and Worrall.

Bewley is a big risk. But by play off time he should be back into the swing of things. And its deffo a risk worth taking. 

Berge is a bit meh. But at belle vue He will be a good reserve. 

Lidsey will be dynamite. Can't wait to see him fly round belle vue. 

I mentioned yesterday that dans biggest challenge will be how he copes mentally rather than physically. His body will be stronger, the man is now part metal. He’s got such natural ability I don’t think he will be rusty on the bike, he’s the type of rider who just sits on the thing and it goes.

The fear or recurrence will be in his head and to be honest, the quicker he gets off the bike again the better because that generally cures any doubts. Like Steve said last season, he was just waiting for that first crash when he came back. Once it out of the system you can move forward.

Its certainly a gamble as you say, but definitely worth the risk. If we have the Dan Bewley before the crash, that is our 3rd heat leader right there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s one version......

If you look it’s not hard to find. Pictures across social media and from what I can gather he is ahead of schedule. He will be back on the bike by January. With the NSS and Rybnik he will have plenty of opportunity to put some laps in.

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Most teams have strong reserves, only Swindon that don't atm.

Belle Vue will be one of the better pairings. Some sides will have a much weaker number 7.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Most teams have strong reserves, only Swindon that don't atm.

Really?

BV have Lidsey (no UK experience) and Berge (a 5 point CL rider), Poole have Covatti (a 6 point CL rider) and someone worse, Wolves have Becker (no UK experience) and Swindon have two 5 point CL riders.

Not a lot in it.

Certainly not, compared to the gulf of a difference between the top four riders!

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Really?

BV have Lidsey (no UK experience) and Berge (a 5 point CL rider), Poole have Covatti (a 6 point CL rider) and someone worse, Wolves have Becker (no UK experience) and Swindon have two 5 point CL riders.

Not a lot in it.

Certainly not, compared to the gulf of a difference between the top four riders!

Lidsey is unknown, but I’d bet my mortgage he’s one of the stronger reserves in the league. He’s been hyped up and for good reason.

Pretty happy with the team. Strong top 2 which could be a very strong top 4 if Worrall and Dan get back to how they were pre-injuries.

Wells should be steady away in the middle order and hopefully Lidsey’s promise is fulfilled in the big wide open spaces of the NSS.

Only one I ain’t too fussed on is Berge. Came in last year and was average for me - got a few 8 & 9 point scores but was always from 6 or 7 rides and was no better than who he replaced.

Personaly i’d have gone for one of the 2 young Aussie lads based over here, Campton or Pickering who both had better seasons last year than Berge. 

Overall, not too bad though and think the league is going to be pretty even in 2019. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acef said:

Lidsey is unknown, but I’d bet my mortgage he’s one of the stronger reserves in the league. He’s been hyped up and for good reason.

His Polish average is similar to Jacobsen and Bach, which means he should be a 5 point rider, but if he comes in on a 4, the BSPA have given BV a clear one point advantage.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, acef said:

7.68 average in the Polish 3rd tier is not a lot to shout about.  

None of our team have to hit the ground running. Dimitri and Jiamon can settle into their first full season in the top flight and Dan and Steve can use track time early doors to build themselves up. 

If a few thrashing’s away result, it doesn’t matter especially to me as I won’t see them. 

If that results in us bringing in a ringer for the play offs then so be it. 

21st century speedway guys get use to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

None of our team have to hit the ground running. Dimitri and Jiamon can settle into their first full season in the top flight and Dan and Steve can use track time early doors to build themselves up. 

If a few thrashing’s away result, it doesn’t matter especially to me as I won’t see them. 

If that results in us bringing in a ringer for the play offs then so be it. 

21st century speedway guys get use to it. 

Nothing wrong with that, just wish my own club was a bit more ruthless rather than a love-in with the rider's.

25 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

7.68 average in the Polish 3rd tier is not a lot to shout about.  

The polish 3rd tier is as strong as the championship over here. So, imo, it is a lot to shout about especially when you consider it’s his first season in Poland.

That type of average, in that type of league, will convert to about 5 in the premiership in a reserve berth. He’s only going to get better as well.

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

His Polish average is similar to Jacobsen and Bach, which means he should be a 5 point rider, but if he comes in on a 4, the BSPA have given BV a clear one point advantage.

They have. I don’t disagree.

His ceiling is very high. He will average over 5 imo.

The top flight now has a lot of big tracks. Only Wolves will present a challenge. 

3 minutes ago, acef said:

They have. I don’t disagree.

His ceiling is very high. He will average over 5 imo.

The top flight now has a lot of big tracks. Only Wolves will present a challenge. 

Really hard to judge a rider. Matt Szczepaniak was a 10 point rider in League 1 in 2017 and look how he did over here. 

Becker will fare better, has done more small track stuff. Question how will they both go when they come to the bouncy castle.