British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

22 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Really hard to judge a rider. Matt Szczepaniak was a 10 point rider in League 1 in 2017 and look how he did over here. 

Becker will fare better, has done more small track stuff. Question how will they both go when they come to the bouncy castle. 

Becker may have done more small track but that won’t matter this year. Wolves aside, we have a lot of big tracks in the premiership. Becker will be a solid home rider. Imo he will struggle away where as Lidsey won’t 

Ipswich is small as well but it has big sweeping bends nicely banked, it rides like a big track now.

Gone are the days of Rye house and Lakeside, the dog track at bv etc. 

Peterborough is a great addition. Becker will struggle away big time. That wolves team has again been built to win at home and will be embarrassed on the road.

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

The bigger long term risk is him 'mentally' being ready to race now, which could manifest itself by him trying to run (or pop wheelies on a push bike) before he can walk properly.

He needs someone to hold him back until he is fully physically fit, a silly slip or bump could put his physical recovery back weeks or even months.

The work needs to be structured and medically approved in terms of recuperation. I’m sure there is a plan in place there but any medical guidance will always be prone to the human element. In Dans case, that being he’s still a just a kid. A lot of 18 year olds fool around on push bikes, that type of stuff.

He needs managing.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nothing wrong with that, just wish my own club was a bit more ruthless rather than a love-in with the rider's.

pretty ruthless in 2017!! Some would say vindictive and ruthless!!

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

The bigger long term risk is him 'mentally' being ready to race now, which could manifest itself by him trying to run (or pop wheelies on a push bike) before he can walk properly.

He needs someone to hold him back until he is fully physically fit, a silly slip or bump could put his physical recovery back weeks or even months.

36 minutes ago, acef said:

The work needs to be structured and medically approved in terms of recuperation. I’m sure there is a plan in place there but any medical guidance will always be prone to the human element. In Dans case, that being he’s still a just a kid. A lot of 18 year olds fool around on push bikes, that type of stuff.

He needs managing.

HE has that person in Steve Lawson ... top man

57 minutes ago, acef said:

Becker may have done more small track but that won’t matter this year. Wolves aside, we have a lot of big tracks in the premiership. Becker will be a solid home rider. Imo he will struggle away where as Lidsey won’t 

Becker is better than Lidsey imo. Thats from what i saw this year. But you can't make judgment really with Poland compared to the UK. 

As we have seen many a good rider in Poland has struggled in the UK. But overall its great for the league to have these young guys. 

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Really hard to judge a rider. Matt Szczepaniak was a 10 point rider in League 1 in 2017 and look how he did over here. 

Becker will fare better, has done more small track stuff. Question how will they both go when they come to the bouncy castle. 

How many small tracks are they. 1 only. Don't need small track riders anymore 

Becker is better than Lidsey imo. Thats from what i saw this year. But you can't make judgment really with Poland compared to the UK. 

As we have seen many a good rider in Poland has struggled in the UK. But overall its great for the league to have these young guys. 

I just can’t agree with that. Traditionally, how many American riders have jumped over the pond and fared better than up coming Australians? It’s rare in the extreme. Becker will struggle away from home. Lidsey, on the current premiership tracks, will be much much better.

51 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

How many small tracks are they. 1 only. Don't need small track riders anymore 

The Americans are brought on small tight tracks. The away ones in the premiership now, Becker won’t know what to do with them. Take him a season or two to find his feet.

Lidsey has a higher ceiling and is coming off the back of a season in Poland on big fast tracks.

Not sure what he’s on about tbh. It’s not even a debate.

3 minutes ago, acef said:

I just can’t agree with that. Traditionally, how many American riders have jumped over the pond and fared better than up coming Australians? It’s rare in the extreme. Becker will struggle away from home. Lidsey, on the current premiership tracks, will be much much better.

I agree

Just as a follow up as well, I think you can make judgment with the Uk vs Poland now. I think your missing a critical part of this argument here. The premiership now, wolves apart, has 6 tracks that are not your traditional type of Uk small track. In fact we have some really, really good circuits in this league now. It’s closer to Poland than its ever been and that goes against the grain of pretty much every American rider. Hancock is hanging on for dear life trying to bring some of those American kids through the system. Australians on the other hand just fare much better. Have a look at the international teams. There is no comparison. Lidsey will pick it up, it’s essentially in his DNA to do so and 6 of the 7 tracks in the uk will aid that development massively. That he’s skipping the championship, and going straight into the premiership, this after going straight to Poland in his first European season, tells you all you need in respect of his potential vs that of Luke Becker.

What did Luke average btw in Poland?

Edited by acef

19 minutes ago, acef said:

The Americans are brought on small tight tracks. The away ones in the premiership now, Becker won’t know what to do with them. Take him a season or two to find his feet.

Lidsey has a higher ceiling and is coming off the back of a season in Poland on big fast tracks.

Not sure what he’s on about tbh. It’s not even a debate.

I agree Lidsey will do better, however, Becker beat Batchelor on a massive track in one of his first few rides in a world cup. Don't think he'll have any fears of big tracks.

Becker also had a few rides in Poland last season.

So Luke Becker is American and we have big tracks but while he has just won the USA title ahead of Belle Vue's new signing, Ricky Wells he has like Lidsey spent a year in Poland learning their trade. 

Becker under the wing of Hancock did a season at Rezszow and helped them win the title with big scores meanwhile Lidsey was at Leszno but rode for their sister track of Rawicz and averaged 2.00 compared to 1.71 a ride for Becker so there isn't much in them both and remember Swindon is much smaller next season if they find the shovel 

Fingers crossed both Becker and Lidsey are good, I would have been happy with either. Don't see why it has to be an either/or.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

So Luke Becker is American and we have big tracks but while he has just won the USA title ahead of Belle Vue's new signing, Ricky Wells he has like Lidsey spent a year in Poland learning their trade. 

Becker under the wing of Hancock did a season at Rezszow and helped them win the title with big scores meanwhile Lidsey was at Leszno but rode for their sister track of Rawicz and averaged 2.00 compared to 1.71 a ride for Becker so there isn't much in them both and remember Swindon is much smaller next season if they find the shovel 

What were their combined season ending averages?

Edited by acef