British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't think Max will make the grade on the World stage. 

I think he'll fall behind both Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder.

Can't put my finger on it but I just think Fricke just has that little bit of magic missing from his locker.

Put him in the same bracket as Sam Masters

Which is factually incorrect. In a number of ways. He is already ahead of masters by the preverbial mile. He’s also ahead of Jack and about on par with Brady.

If you have a look through some averages and their respective international standing you will get all the info you need.

Essentially that entire post is based on a hunch, which renders it completely irrelevant.

Edited by acef
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, acef said:

Which is factually incorrect. In a number of ways. He is already ahead of masters by the preverbial mile. He’s also ahead of Jack and about on par with Brady.

If you have a look through some averages and their respective international standing you will get all the info you need.

Essentially that entire post is based on a hunch, which renders it completely irrelevant.

Disagree that Fricke is ahead of Masters ‘by the proverbial mile’. 

Masters is 8.11 and Fricke 8.20 in the top flight UK.

Fricke is probably a bit ahead in Europe I’d agree but there pretty much similar standard here, As the averages suggest is a pretty reasonable thought process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

I agree Max is a class act and fab to see coming from the back round the NSS, but to be world champ it helps enormously if you can put 3 or 4 good gates each round of the GP's, if Max can master that then he has a great chance of fulfilling his dream.

He is so Leigh Adams  ( esc) style wise has a terrific teqnique and has a great temperament.I must admit i always thought he was a bit of a  gater but these past two years he has been great to watch great from the back at the NSS.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, acef said:

I would put Fricke quite away ahead of Kurtz/ Masters,      Holder is class as well but still behind Max.Fricke,Holder,Drabik,Lambert,Smektala can all bridge the gap and gate crash the series in time.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't think Max will make the grade on the World stage. 

I think he'll fall behind both Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder.

Can't put my finger on it but I just think Fricke just has that little bit of magic missing from his locker.

Put him in the same bracket as Sam Masters

I agree. I don't think Fricke is significantly better than any of the riders you mentioned. The area he is ahead is when it comes to profile. Winning the World U21s in 2016 did his profile a world of good and has catapulted him forwards on the world stage gaining him rides in both Sweden and Poland and in turn vital experience against the best in the world.

Whether he can turn this experience into improvement remains to be seen, however I think this season he will be superseded by Kurtz and maybe even Holder.

1 hour ago, acef said:

I know Fricke is currently ahead, hence why I said he'll fall behind Holder and Kurtz, over the coming years.

Fricke has that feel of a rider that will not progress much further and stagnate, that's why I compared him to Masters.

His gating is too inconsistent which isn’t a problem at the NSS. 

His performance at King’s Lynn show this as when gating last year he scored an incredible 16 but without his gating gloves only 6 in think it was. 

His missing the start at the NSS provided us with two of the greatest races ever seen but unfortunately away tracks refuse to give him the stage to strut his stuff. Great shame. 

Even PC would struggle to entertain on away current tracks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattK said:

I agree. I don't think Fricke is significantly better than any of the riders you mentioned. The area he is ahead is when it comes to profile. Winning the World U21s in 2016 did his profile a world of good and has catapulted him forwards on the world stage gaining him rides in both Sweden and Poland and in turn vital experience against the best in the world.

Whether he can turn this experience into improvement remains to be seen, however I think this season he will be superseded by Kurtz and maybe even Holder.

Kurtz has ability we all know that but he has to really step it up to get above Fricke.You can actually say he might of even regressed in the last year or so Holder last year also stepped up to the plate.I believe Fricke/Holder are number 1s in this league now Kurtz showed last year he clearly is not.

47 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Kurtz has ability we all know that but he has to really step it up to get above Fricke.You can actually say he might of even regressed in the last year or so Holder last year also stepped up to the plate.I believe Fricke/Holder are number 1s in this league now Kurtz showed last year he clearly is not.

In fairness, Holder hasn’t ridden as a number one yet so jury is out for me that he is a number one quality just yet.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

In fairness, Holder hasn’t ridden as a number one yet so jury is out for me that he is a number one quality just yet.

But  last year he really did step it up the only worry i have with Jack will be Poole being his home track.At Somerset you could  race there and there are different lines to find where Poole lets be honest has been a poor track for a while now only time will tell.

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Holder finished above Fricke in the Ekstraliga averages last season.

5 minutes ago, MattK said:

Holder finished above Fricke in the Ekstraliga averages last season.

Does that really make a difference,  he is still below Fricke at the moment.I can certainly see a case for Jack overtaking him but no way Kurtz he has to reinvent himself 

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Does that really make a difference,  he is still below Fricke at the moment.I can certainly see a case for Jack overtaking him but no way Kurtz he has to reinvent himself 

I think two riders performances in the strongest club league in the world does make a difference.

All about opinions , 

Personally , ... I'd have Max over Kurtz / Holder / Masters every time, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I know Fricke is currently ahead, hence why I said he'll fall behind Holder and Kurtz, over the coming years.

Fricke has that feel of a rider that will not progress much further and stagnate, that's why I compared him to Masters.

" Has that feel of a rider that will not progress and stagnate "? ... To who  ...You ?

With all due respect, Max Fricke is 22 to state  he's going to 'stagnate' is a ridiculous comment  .

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2