British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

On 1/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Nice to see max fricke actually smiling for once, considering how fortunate he is ( self earned plus sponsorship of course )  with his life style , living in andorra etc etc and always riding for top teams even when he's not really deserved to on performance  - he always seems miserable and moaning about things . I've always found him very ungrateful and with the attitude of the world owes him - just realise you get paid for doing something you want to - nobody is forcing you to ride . Just my opinion.  

I think its safe to say you know  F*** all about Max Fricke !   

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

No if Becker struggles he will be gone, 

Iidsey for me is a level above  we shall see.

Based purely on nationality, history tells us that Lidsey will fair better.

I really hope Becker does something, because Christ knows the Americans need it.

On paper, there really isn’t much between them as it stands, but from what I’ve seen of them both, and granted it’s not much, Lidsey looks much more natural on the bike.

29 minutes ago, acef said:

Based purely on nationality, history tells us that Lidsey will fair better.

I really hope Becker does something, because Christ knows the Americans need it.

On paper, there really isn’t much between them as it stands, but from what I’ve seen of them both, and granted it’s not much, Lidsey looks much more natural on the bike.

Not that you are biased!  What team has signed Lidsey? #enuffsaid :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Lidsey was making a name for himself last season #enuffsaid:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Why are people on this forum so utterly stupid?

Why don’t you read the post. You know, the written words you quoted?

Had you done so, then you’d be fully competent in understanding the point I was making.

Instead you turn it into a war. Why would you do that? What in the name of god is wrong with you?

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, acef said:

Had you done so, then you’d be fully competent in understanding the point I was making.

Instead you turn it into a war. Why would you do that? What in the name of god is wrong with you?

The golden rule of the BSF, you cannot think your team's riders are better than others because you're therefore biased. It's similar to the one where you cannot criticise your rival's riders as you're jealous/bitter/biased.

It's best to just admit that all riders are equal, all teams are equal and all fans are equal. What a great forum we'd have then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

The golden rule of the BSF, you cannot think your team's riders are better than others because you're therefore biased. It's similar to the one where you cannot criticise your rival's riders as you're jealous/bitter/biased.

It's best to just admit that all riders are equal, all teams are equal and all fans are equal. What a great forum we'd have then.

Indeed. I’ve been here for a long time. Took a break for a short while, essentially because of what you’ve just said.

It was once a thriving community but Christ it’s scraping the barrel now.

Some absolute planks on these boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

There is nothing wrong with me but if you go about calling people names and insulting them rather then debate then you have already lost the argument :rolleyes:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JCookie said:

Very John Lennon! But we can only hope that a non aggressive  exchange of views on the sport we all love.

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Fricke stepping up to the plate again, Lidsey had a terrrific meeting to finish third could Max flourish again this year i hope so.

I have been monitoring both Max and Brady Kurtz closely for some years now. Being a Poole supporter I seriously thought Kurtz was going to overtake Max when he burst on to the scene in his first full season at Somerset in 2014. Max being 6 months older (both still only 22) has had the benefit of one season more due to his 6 month age advantage, having started in 2013.

However Max has won 4 x Aussie U21 titles - plus 1 x World U21 title and is mighty close to winning his first Aussie Senior title in a stronger field with Chris Holder back there and with Tungate/Holder Jr and Kurtz all having supposedly improved in the Aussie Champ over the last 2/3 years. Max even had the delight of being in 3 league winning teams in POL (Nice 1) - SWE Elite and Danish Elite Leagues in the same season a couple of years ago. Not too many can boast that achievement at his age.

Max may still have some issues with some of the UK tracks at times (I know Poole wasn't one of his fav in the past), but the stats don't lie. He is pushing on and Brady still has a lot of convincing to do and my fear is he could be another Morris. OK but falls short of the very top drawer. Got away with it with Leszno last season in a league winning side which partly covered some of his low scores. In Poole it showed up big time as he went backwards big time.

Max started young but he is progressing at a good rate and think both Belle Vue and Wroclaw have a good rider who is progressing well (let's not forget he isn't 23 until 29th March so a whole career still in front). Looks best at the present of the 3 in Holder Jr/B.Kurtz and Fricke.

• Like 2

I thought Kurtz had a full season in Denmark in 2013 riding for Holsted while staying with Rasmus Jensen & family.Though I do remember being at one of his early meetings where he was injured

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4705/

Edited by iris123

44 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I have been monitoring both Max and Brady Kurtz closely for some years now. Being a Poole supporter I seriously thought Kurtz was going to overtake Max when he burst on to the scene in his first full season at Somerset in 2014. Max being 6 months older (both still only 22) has had the benefit of one season more due to his 6 month age advantage, having started in 2013.

However Max has won 4 x Aussie U21 titles - plus 1 x World U21 title and is mighty close to winning his first Aussie Senior title in a stronger field with Chris Holder back there and with Tungate/Holder Jr and Kurtz all having supposedly improved in the Aussie Champ over the last 2/3 years. Max even had the delight of being in 3 league winning teams in POL (Nice 1) - SWE Elite and Danish Elite Leagues in the same season a couple of years ago. Not too many can boast that achievement at his age.

Max may still have some issues with some of the UK tracks at times (I know Poole wasn't one of his fav in the past), but the stats don't lie. He is pushing on and Brady still has a lot of convincing to do and my fear is he could be another Morris. OK but falls short of the very top drawer. Got away with it with Leszno last season in a league winning side which partly covered some of his low scores. In Poole it showed up big time as he went backwards big time.

Max started young but he is progressing at a good rate and think both Belle Vue and Wroclaw have a good rider who is progressing well (let's not forget he isn't 23 until 29th March so a whole career still in front). Looks best at the present of the 3 in Holder Jr/B.Kurtz and Fricke.

What i have noticed with Fricke is he now is a real racer exciting to watch and can pass for fun.I always thought he was technically gifted a bit of a gater and  maybe a bit to placid not anough devil there  but these last two years he has come on nicely loads more to come i believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I agree Max could be slightly ahead of Kurtz and Holder , but I'd also add Poole have a fine spearhead in those two .

Should be an exciting season for both Aces and Pirates fans