British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

No could about it Fricke certainly ahead of Holder Kurtz etc a quality rider and a proper number one 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, iris123 said:

I thought Kurtz had a full season in Denmark in 2013 riding for Holsted while staying with Rasmus Jensen & family.Though I do remember being at one of his early meetings where he was injured

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4705/

Yes he did. Sorry i forgot that.

Which makes the fact he is not moving forward like Max a bit concerning (as a Poole Supporter).

It could be either he is not as good as Max (and maybe Holder jr going forward) or he is just developing a bit slower.

13 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

No could about it Fricke certainly ahead of Holder Kurtz etc a quality rider and a proper number one 

At least being all Aussies we have the benefit of all 3 riding in UK along with young Lidsey who shows promise.

Be interesting to see how all 4 develop in coming seasons.

• Like 1

I think that Fricke is ahead of Jack Holder and Kurtz at the moment but that could easily change in the future. Holder is progressing quickly and has done well in Poland and Kurtz did seem to stagnate last season but many riders do and then continue to improve.

For what it's worth, I think that Fricke and Holder will both get in the GP's and maintain that level. I am less sure about Kurtz. He is fine when he makes the gate but gets beaten too often by lesser riders when he doesn't. However, it wouldn't be a surprise if, in the next 2/3 years, he did have a breakthrough season and make the next couple of steps up the ladder.

I think that Masters has reached his level, which is a good PL heat leader.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Another win for max.

Lidsey made the b final 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acef said:

Another win for max.

Lidsey made the b final 

Jaimon’s total is 38.... impressive... he looks to be a good asset at reserve on 4 points

Looking forward to see him racing in 2019

• Like 1

Great

to see Max in this kind of form but Tungate shows what a force he is down under.....if he could conquer inconsistency he would be a top performer but you can't knock his average , not everyone cuppa but I don' mind Hobbit ...very impressed with Lidsey also must be looking at 6+ this season

• Like 1

Tungate i know he has a high average but you would of thought Kings Lynn or Ipswich  ( has a history with C.L?) would sign him.Last year at the NSS he was so exciting to watch and did a great job so i was very surprised Belle Vue let him go.I actually think there could be a little more to come from Rohan because on his day he is a superb rider. Lidsey i believe will swap places with Wells eventually and end up in the top 5 and he could well average 6.  - 6.50 he is a real prospect.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

Rohan was a victim of the numbers game we have to play every year.

I am very satisfied with the team we have

11 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Rohan was a victim of the numbers game we have to play every year.

I am very satisfied with the team we have

Bjerre is the key for me ,  he is so quick when he is at his best and if he can challenge Fricke then Belle Vue have two big scorers.Then that means there is not so much pressure on Dan when he comes back but if Bjerre is flakey that could change things.

Bjerre will be fine. Flies round the NSS and is comfortable passing there as the track is both wide and safe. 

11 minutes ago, ABS said:

Bjerre will be fine. Flies round the NSS and is comfortable passing there as the track is both wide and safe. 

Away from home will he average over 7???

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

yes he did in 2017 !!

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

28 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think so. Will gain confidence from riding at the NSS and if he can make a few gates away from home, should do it comfortably.

Edited by ABS

Kenneth will be fine. He just seems at home with bv. In 2017 he was excellent and a proper number 1. Not had one like it since crump left. He’s had bad seasons but I think that’s because he has never felt as settled as he does with bv. A track like the NSS brings the best out of people.

We have an excellent top 2 and will always have strong reserves. If Dan comes back in his previous form we will have a very, very good season.