British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

25 minutes ago, acef said:

KB will be comfortably be in the top 5 averages imo.

Only Doyle and Lambert are ahead for me.

Everyone assumed that of Iversen last year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Everyone assumed that of Iversen last year.

Fricke, Thorssell, Doyle, Lambert, Masters i would put that group in front of Bjerre maybe not Masters but he can be decent away.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Fricke, Thorssell, Doyle, Lambert, Masters i would put that group in front of Bjerre maybe not Masters but he can be decent away.

It’s amazing how weak our league is these days yet a class rider like  Iversen really struggled. Obviously was struggling with his shoulder injury but it goes to show nothing is certain in this league. Yes, Bjerre should be one of the top 5 riders with ease this season. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s amazing how weak our league is these days yet a class rider like  Iversen really struggled. Obviously was struggling with his shoulder injury but it goes to show nothing is certain in this league. Yes, Bjerre should be one of the top 5 riders with ease this season. Time will tell.

I have always liked Bjerre since his Newcastle days and when he is on he is very quick.At home i can see him averaging 8.70-9.00?? away i am not so sure.Is  he as  reliable ??but if his confidence is carried on through  his home form we all know just  how good he can be. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have always liked Bjerre since his Newcastle days and when he is on he is very quick.At home i can see him averaging 8.70-9.00?? away i am not so sure.Is  he as  reliable ??but if his confidence is carried on through  his home form we all know just  how good he can be. 

I came over and watched him a few times when he was at BV before, he's an ok rider, inconsistent and now a bit past his best IMO, certainly NOT a No1. What went wrong at BV with Craig Cook then, very strange as IMO he's a much better rider by far...?

What went wrong is that Belle Vue had to lose almost 3 points from last years team. That is why we have Bjerre and Wells in place ofCook and Tungate.

Edited by Aces51
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

What went wrong is that Belle Vue had to lose almost 3 points from last years team. That is why we have Bjerre and Wells in place ofCook and Tungate.

Thanks. now that's a disappointment. I like Cookie as he's a real BV Ace. Sadly BV wont be the same without him. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Thanks. now that's a disappointment. I like Cookie as he's a real BV Ace. Sadly BV wont be the same without him. .

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

that's your opinion !!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I can't see Wells lasting the season personally. Kenny Bjerre will be fine and no doubt will do better than last season.

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can't see Wells lasting the season personally. Kenny Bjerre will be fine and no doubt will do better than last season.

correct on both accounts !!!

56 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

that's your opinion !!

I'm glad you cleared that up, I wasn't sure

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Wells is usually good for 6 home and 6 away, good solid middle order rider. Bjerre, I agree he'll be fine. A lot will depend on how Bewley comes back from his injury. If he can get back up to full fitness and confidence quickly then Belle Vue will be in the mix. Lidsey at reserve is one I'm looking forward to seeing progress. He could be the trump card.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reliant Robin said:

I'm glad you cleared that up, I wasn't sure

Wells is usually good for 6 home and 6 away, good solid middle order rider. Bjerre, I agree he'll be fine. A lot will depend on how Bewley comes back from his injury. If he can get back up to full fitness and confidence quickly then Belle Vue will be in the mix. Lidsey at reserve is one I'm looking forward to seeing progress. He could be the trump card.

Don't agree,Wells is not good enough doing well to get 6 at home and 4 away.

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't agree,Wells is not good enough doing well to get 6 at home and 4 away.

if you were right his average would be about 5. As his average is 5.77 he wouldn't be doing well at all if it dropped by almost a point.  I'm not a great fan of Wells but I think he will maintain his average. 

Overall, I am more than happy with the team as a whole and can see increased averages from Fricke, Bjerre, Lidsey and Worrall and also from Bewley if he suffers no long term affects from his injuries. His recovery programme seems to be going well and I think he will be ok.