British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

if you were right his average would be about 5. As his average is 5.77 he wouldn't be doing well at all if it dropped by almost a point.  I'm not a great fan of Wells but I think he will maintain his average. 

Overall, I am more than happy with the team as a whole and can see increased averages from Fricke, Bjerre, Lidsey and Worrall and also from Bewley if he suffers no long term affects from his injuries. His recovery programme seems to be going well and I think he will be ok.

I meant next season Wells would do well to achieve a 5 point average, personally i think his average will drop next season. 

7 hours ago, Aces51 said:

if you were right his average would be about 5. As his average is 5.77 he wouldn't be doing well at all if it dropped by almost a point.  I'm not a great fan of Wells but I think he will maintain his average. 

Overall, I am more than happy with the team as a whole and can see increased averages from Fricke, Bjerre, Lidsey and Worrall and also from Bewley if he suffers no long term affects from his injuries. His recovery programme seems to be going well and I think he will be ok.

Very surprised with the Wells signing not particularly great at the NSS.I believe he is the weaklink in this side but Lidsey will eventually go in the top 5 and Wells will slip to reserve so it might not matter.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Very surprised with the Wells signing not particularly great at the NSS.I believe he is the weaklink in this side but Lidsey will eventually go in the top 5 and Wells will slip to reserve so it might not matter.

I must admit that I was also surprised about Wells. I have seen him have some decent races at the NSS but he has never really  been impressive. However, I think he will maintain his average. It will be asking a lot of Lidsey to manage to average at least 5.5 and probably more to have a chance of getting into the top 5. It's possible, he looks to have the talent but very difficult when racing on tracks he has never seen before. 

Just now, Aces51 said:

I must admit that I was also surprised about Wells. I have seen him have some decent races at the NSS but he has never really  been impressive. However, I think he will maintain his average. It will be asking a lot of Lidsey to manage to average at least 5.5 and probably more to have a chance of getting into the top 5. It's possible, he looks to have the talent but very difficult when racing on tracks he has never seen before. 

I really think Lidsey will excel at home,the NSS will suit him down to the ground away it will be difficult at times for him.For me for Belle Vue to do well they have to win all there home matches to get in the play/offs.Personally  i would of signed Auty have Lidsey in the top five with Auty/ Berge at reserve mainly because i believe that side is stronger at home.Away Wells can score better than Auty but i am a true believer in winning all your home meetings first then build from there.

Ok I know i have rose tinted glasses on and I know I'm obviously biased but I really like the look of this team.  Should easily make play offs. 

A happy bjerre is a good bjerre whatever age he may be. He's happy at belle vue. He will be fine. 

Fricke should carry on improving and I see us as having the best top 2 in league for them heat 13s and 15s. 

Worrall and bewley are a risk but I believe they will be fine. Especially Worrall who's made a change to his background staff and now has his best mate as mechanic. Will only help him that. And in his words he is now 100% fit. He will be a great 2nd string. And bewley shows no fear. He will be fine. 

Wells is an interesting one. I kinda like him and think he's just what we need personally, goes about his business quietly  been no2 in premier league for years now so clearly he can ride a bike. 

Berge will start a top flight season for the first time. Will help him that. He's good for at least 4/5 a meeting and lidsey will be an absolute steal on his average. I expect him to easily average well over 5. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

Can’t understand why BV did not sign Jason Garrity , he’s expressed his desire to ride for us ,he is local ,he is a crowd pleaser ,can be a match winner and a personality, should be a no brainier instead of RW. .

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Omni k own have rode tinted glasses on and I know I'm obviously biased but I really like the look of this team.  Should easily make play offs. 

A happy bjerre is a good bjerre whatever age he may be. He's happy at belle vue. He will be fine. 

Fricke should carry on improving and I see us as having the best top 2 in league for them heat 13s and 15s. 

Worrall and bewley are a risk but I believe they will be fine. Especially Worrall who's made a change to his background staff and now has his best mate as mechanic. Will only help him that. And in his words he is now 100% fit. He will be a great 2nd string. And bewley shows no fear. He will be fine. 

Wells is an interesting one. I kinda like him and think he's just what we need personally, goes about his business quietly  been no2 in premier league for years now so clearly he can ride a bike. 

Berge will start a top flight season for the first time. Will help him that. He's good for at least 4/5 a meeting and lidsey will be an absolute steal on his average. I expect him to easily average well over 5. 

A really good post and that side really has loads of positives and will be exciting to watch.I  would say Vue's top two are  powerful but for me Swindon's are better well i hope so anyway.!!!! Batchelor is on the level of Bjerre and Doyle will score double figure plus every meeting so i am expecting 20 plus from those two everyweek.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alj1954 said:

Can’t understand why BV did not sign Jason Garrity , he’s expressed his desire to ride for us ,he is local ,he is a crowd pleaser ,can be a match winner and a personality, should be a no brainier instead of RW. .

I'm reliably told he has far too much baggage.

21 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I can't see Wells lasting the season personally. Kenny Bjerre will be fine and no doubt will do better than last season.

He will because I think he’ll be in the reserve berth at the first set of averages. 

Do you know that after 1 meeting Berges rolling average goes up to 5.5!! Who can we get in then? Garrity??

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You wish!

I didn't realise that Berge could be 5.5. If Phil is right about that then Berge and Wells could easily change places

Edited by Aces51

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I didn't realise that Berge could be 5.5. If Phil is right about that then Berge and Wells could easily change places

Or released for a higher averaged rider ;)

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Ok I know i have rose tinted glasses on and I know I'm obviously biased but I really like the look of this team.  Should easily make play offs. 

PTA, I think you are right. The Team has lots of potential. Still think BV and fans will miss Cookie. Top man. It looks like the team has been put together on a tight budget but with the astronomical losses reported at BV it is not a surprise. 

IMO this is not a nailed on play off team. Dan B will be one of the keys to whether BV will make the play offs. Hope so but time will tell. 

• Like 1

So with Berge quitting Somerset because he couldn't get a full-time mechanic in the UK, what does that mean for BV?  A predicted short stay to be replaced by a higher averaged rider after 1 meeting when his rolling average changes?

• Like 1