British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

45 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

So with Berge quitting Somerset because he couldn't get a full-time mechanic in the UK, what does that mean for BV?  A predicted short stay to be replaced by a higher averaged rider after 1 meeting when his rolling average changes?

That's exactly how it will happen. He will ride 1 meeting on borrowed machinery etc then we will replace him with a rider up to 5.5ish. 

Personally don't like the sound of it as I would rather win fair but as shown last year. Cheating is now allowed 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I hope Bjerre does really well not after Buster said he wasn't a UK heat leader anymore. 

Yep hopefully he’ll come to Ipswich and get about 7 and then 14-15 at both Peterborough and Kings Lynn :D

if buster doesn’t think Kenneth isn’t one of the best riders in the league still then he needs to have a little look around - Kenneth isn’t one of the top 8 in the world anymore but only Doyle in our league is!!

In theory there’s 3 heat leader berths in every team so that 21 heat leaders.....I’d love for buster to try convince anyone there’s 21 riders ahead of Kenneth riding in the uk this year!!!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

PTA, I think you are right. The Team has lots of potential. Still think BV and fans will miss Cookie. Top man. It looks like the team has been put together on a tight budget but with the astronomical losses reported at BV it is not a surprise. 

IMO this is not a nailed on play off team. Dan B will be one of the keys to whether BV will make the play offs. Hope so but time will tell. 

where do you get the astronomical losses from you know nothing !!

12 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Yep hopefully he’ll come to Ipswich and get about 7 and then 14-15 at both Peterborough and Kings Lynn :D

if buster doesn’t think Kenneth isn’t one of the best riders in the league still then he needs to have a little look around - Kenneth isn’t one of the top 8 in the world anymore but only Doyle in our league is!!

In theory there’s 3 heat leader berths in every team so that 21 heat leaders.....I’d love for buster to try convince anyone there’s 21 riders ahead of Kenneth riding in the uk this year!!!

Most riders are taller than Kenneth Bjerre.

15 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

PTA, I think you are right. The Team has lots of potential. Still think BV and fans will miss Cookie. Top man. It looks like the team has been put together on a tight budget but with the astronomical losses reported at BV it is not a surprise. 

IMO this is not a nailed on play off team. Dan B will be one of the keys to whether BV will make the play offs. Hope so but time will tell. 

It isn't that tight a budget as KB has said he couldn't agree terms with Peterborough but Belle Vue can afford him. As for Buster saying he isn't a heat leader anymore, well that is a ridiculous thing to say.

29 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Completely agree. He could be 3rd in the averages but he will certainly be top 10. 

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

So with Berge quitting Somerset because he couldn't get a full-time mechanic in the UK, what does that mean for BV?  A predicted short stay to be replaced by a higher averaged rider after 1 meeting when his rolling average changes?

This should not be allowed to happen but doubt anything will be done to prevent it

• Like 1

Out of interest - is it a home or away match that Berge needs to complete for his average to update?

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Out of interest - is it a home or away match that Berge needs to complete for his average to update?

He needs one more Home League match.

BV first Home League match is 29th April, and with the cut off being 23rd April, I don’t think his average would actually change until 6th May.

He would do 3 away League matches prior to 6th May.

Edited by Gambo
  • Thanks 1

They might stop rolling averages again like last year, though they did reinstate them quickly once certain teams saw it benifited them. 

If this team switch happened it’s perfectly within the rules and something most teams did last year and other years. 

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He needs one more Home League match.

BV first Home League match is 29th April, and with the cut off being 23rd April, I don’t think his average would actually change until 6th May.

He would do 3 away League matches prior to 6th May.

Are the supporters cup matches not being included then?

Last year the championship shield was despite regionalised groups

If so April 4th and effective April 11th pretty much before anyone else starts.....

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Are the supporters cup matches not being included then?

Last year the championship shield was despite regionalised groups

If so April 4th and effective April 11th pretty much before anyone else starts.....

League matches only for Green Sheets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

where do you get the astronomical losses from you know nothing !!

Companies House Accounts records. !!

It shows BV lost £270,730 in 2017.

Now I consider that to be an  astronomical  amount of money to flush away. 

Edited by Speedtiger

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

League matches only for Green Sheets.

I hope so

Although that was how the regulation was worded last year and yet shield matches were included in the championship figures