British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

It was always the plan to use NSS for other purposes, that’s why the centre green has been marked out as a pitch since virtually day one. Weddings were proposed, perhaps there has been , I don’t know. The function room is there for events 7 days a week I would have thought. Someone needs to manage and promote this side of management t, and I don’t know whose responsibility that is.

what are the temporary terracing you mention in your 4th paragraph?

South stand...………….unless its been there so long it is no longer temporary !!

Great to see Mark Lemon in attendance at Darcy Ward's wedding in Brisbane on Friday - plus loads of other speedway friends and family from around the World.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, geoff58 said:

you know nothing the club were given £70k last year by eastlands trust who run the stadium for youth set up & catering services if you have any concerns i suggest you e-mail adrian smith and he will put right on a few things don't listen to idle gossip makes you look silly !!

That's your 2nd post in a row which has started  with "you know nothing" Its probably right, I'm just making observations on what I see and read. Including a local councillor in the Man Evening News quoted as saying " I absolutely support the principle of ensuring a thriving local business economy but unfortunately this has proved to be a failing initiative on more than one occasion. There are no viable plans for this money to be returned and we cannot afford to sink any more money into a business that shows no sign of growth despite public injections of nearly 9 million "  I think reading the last few pages of this topic that most non protectionist Belle Vue fans realise the ongoing financial issues at the NSS

16 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

That's your 2nd post in a row which has started  with "you know nothing" Its probably right, I'm just making observations on what I see and read. Including a local councillor in the Man Evening News quoted as saying " I absolutely support the principle of ensuring a thriving local business economy but unfortunately this has proved to be a failing initiative on more than one occasion. There are no viable plans for this money to be returned and we cannot afford to sink any more money into a business that shows no sign of growth despite public injections of nearly 9 million "  I think reading the last few pages of this topic that most non protectionist Belle Vue fans realise the ongoing financial issues at the NSS

again you know nothing of the full story behind it that one local councillor was chasing votes in the local election and went cap in hand to the  MEN local evening paper the fact is the other remaining councillors all support the NSS and the very issue was replied to by adrian smith in the speedway star i suggest you and few others read it !!! and like i reported we were given £70k last year for the stadium and youth policy !! also adrian smith is moving house with his wife to live up here in manchester from buckinghamshire which tells you that's commitment & the owners are close friends with adrian  &are still well on board the club !! so speculate all you want there are other clubs in far worse positions than us FACT 

Edited by geoff58

To put things into perspective regarding the cost of the NSS it's been reported the cost to repair Manchester Town Hall will be upwards of 250 million.I think the stadium was built cheap for what was involved.Any new stadiums being built today will be costly no matter what sport it's for. The NSS is a world class racetrack , and for the sake of speedway in this country deserves to succeed.

• Like 2

I see Dimitri berge has quit Somerset is he still doing aces ?I

Edited by mtommo

1 hour ago, mtommo said:

I see Dimitri berge has quit Somerset is he still doing aces ?I

Yes

5 hours ago, iwright71 said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/reckless-council-sink-another-85k-14948278               Is this what you were referring to ?

3 hours ago, colin wood said:

To put things into perspective regarding the cost of the NSS it's been reported the cost to repair Manchester Town Hall will be upwards of 250 million.I think the stadium was built cheap for what was involved.Any new stadiums being built today will be costly no matter what sport it's for. The NSS is a world class racetrack , and for the sake of speedway in this country deserves to succeed.

in that case every big meeting should go there. A National Stadium should be holding a GP at least, though i realise the crowd would be a fraction of Cardiff it would be bigger than some other GPs. The quality would be 1st class of course.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ch958 said:

in that case every big meeting should go there. A National Stadium should be holding a GP at least, though i realise the crowd would be a fraction of Cardiff it would be bigger than some other GPs. The quality would be 1st class of course.

Sadly I can't see it holding the British GP. It's just not big enough. I agree the track is as good as any out there though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

19 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Ian Thomas apparently told Tim Stone - in respect of the Queensway Stadium, Newport -  that you don't own a corner shop and open it one day a week. He's right.

The trick for the NSS is to make maximum use of the facility and not be tied to speedway alone. I'll be very surprised if that isn't part of the plan and, indeed, will have been the whole time. There's no doubt that it is a fantastic for speedway  but that just isn't enough.

I am aware that Isle of Wight use Smallbrook for other events - a pop concert has been held there for the last two years, and its nothing like the size of the NSS - while Somerset use their car parking area for all sorts of other  activities including auctions and  car boot sales. There's no reason why any other club that owns their facility can't do the same.

The fact that the stadium still has temporary toilets and temporary terracing (which apparently costs a packet) suggests the council haven't covered their end. Given their apparent determination to impose non disclosure agreements and suppress documentation the one thing they are most certainly trying to cover is their back. 

It can be argued that the quality of racing isn't enough, and I'd agree. To counter that, just imagine how many would be there if it was rubbish. 

Probably about the same as the dog track proved. I’d say the increase is marginal in terms of footfall.

Fully agree with what your saying about multi use. I’d add simply 2 words.

Stock cars 

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sadly I can't see it holding the British GP. It's just not big enough. I agree the track is as good as any out there though.

It’s more than big enough. It holds 9k with temp seating, many gps on circuits gone by have held less capacity. Teterow being a prime case.

There is this weird obsession around the size of the stadium in retrospect for a GP. I just don’t understand it. It’s going to compliment Cardiff, not replace it.

9K is absolutely suffice.

• Like 2

I would love to see a GP held at NSS but would 9k crowd make a meeting profitable for all concerned?  Personally, I wouldn’t even attempt to go, and I live just 30-35 mile away. I would imagine there would need to be in place a big Tv contract, and I would expect to pay extra, on top of my current BT subscription. World championship boxing matches charge for one off fights, so why not speedway for the big ones.

6 hours ago, acef said:

It’s more than big enough. It holds 9k with temp seating, many gps on circuits gone by have held less capacity. Teterow being a prime case.

There is this weird obsession around the size of the stadium in retrospect for a GP. I just don’t understand it. It’s going to compliment Cardiff, not replace it.

9K is absolutely suffice.

What did Torun have in October 15,000?? Acef.

Edited by Sidney the robin

13 hours ago, cuckootoyou said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/reckless-council-sink-another-85k-14948278               Is this what you were referring to ?

That article was the biggest load of tosh ever. It was just 1 guy who diddnt have a clue what he was going on about.