British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

9 hours ago, acef said:

Probably about the same as the dog track proved. I’d say the increase is marginal in terms of footfall.

Fully agree with what your saying about multi use. I’d add simply 2 words.

Stock cars 

stock cars no chance safety to close also in field 4g football pitches !! also stock cars is declining quicker more than british speedway !!

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:20 AM, mikebv said:

Had a bad day acef?:D

To be fair cannot argue with the sentiments of your last three posts....

The racing standard nowadays is largely irrelevant to the level of crowds watching in so much that the only people who can see any decline (if there actually is any) are those who go regularly...

And as they are very much the diehards of the sport, who still attend regardless of what is put in front of them, they are obviously content with what they see....

I would suggest anyone new to the sport would still be initially 'wowed' by the sport at any track with any standard of racing..

It would only be over a matter of time that they could then become opinionated as to whether the racing was as good as they first went or not and decide to continue paying to watch...

The initial 'wow factor' is there at every track, the bigger problem is that not enough of the local conurbations know about the sport to attend, or plenty of them have tried the sport regularly previously, and given it up due to its Mickey Mouse operating model..

The NSS delivers racing far superior to most and infinitely more so than the 'dog bowl' ever did..

So why isn't it full every week?

2.5 Million people live in Grt Manchester, all within 45 mins drive from the NSS. Which is 5 mins out of Mcr City Centre for those who use public transport..

I would suggest 2.4 Million of them have no clue (or at best very little clue) who the Belle Vue Aces are, or indeed, what Speedway is..

Thats the biggest problem the Aces have..

And that situation is I would say replicated around the country..

The standard of racing is irrelevant if hardly anyone knows it's happening in the first place..

Good post. Apart from the fact that speedway is in a big mess mainly caused by the BSPA promoters, the people currently running BV don't seem to have much idea about the sport and how to promote speedway. I visit on a regular basis and to say the stadium and track are without doubt the best in the UK the crowds are more often than not relatively poor and the fact that speedway and NSS actually exists in Manchester is a closely kept secret. I sent a constructive email to the BV management Mr Smith with some supporters views and didn't even get the courtesy of a response. Which says it all...they think they know better than the paying fans..!

• Like 2

Could you copy the content of the email on here and I’ll discuss it with him next time I see him?

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

That article was the biggest load of tosh ever. It was just 1 guy who diddnt have a clue what he was going on about. 

Actually the reporter was closer than you think. The minutes of Manchester city council are made public so any one can see what is discussed. It isn't all doom and gloom for Bell Vue but isn't  rosey either. Personally i hope it all works out and speedway in general can move upwards for a change and the NSS gets the meetings the race track deserves in the future.

7._Belle_Vue_Speedway_Update.pdf

Edited by cuckootoyou
file doesnt open

if we are moving towards the sport becoming a limited company perhaps at some point they could purchase the facility with a business loan.

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Could you copy the content of the email on here and I’ll discuss it with him next time I see him?

NO, Im perfectly capable of representing myself and I will take this up at the first meeting I attend this season. Thanks for the offer.

10 hours ago, geoff58 said:

stock cars no chance safety to close also in field 4g football pitches !! also stock cars is declining quicker more than british speedway !!

It’s declining because they are inside dog tracks with astronomical rents.

Your right about the safety fence, unfortunately the design of the whole thing means it’ll never happen.

It should, though, have been part of the initial planning and build. Absolutely ludicrous decision to exclude it.

13 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

What did Torun have in October 15,000?? Acef.

Without checking I couldn’t tell you but you make a good point. 

9k in the grand scheme of the whole series is fine. 

The issue isn’t crowd size, it’s costs. A lot of which lands at the door of BV where BSI won’t pay.

The World Cup cost a fortune.

Wasn't it something like £150k to £200k to host a GP?

If so. A 9000 crowd would need a minimum £30 adult entry I would think to hire the stadium, build the temp structures needed, and pay the VAT..

Not sure any room for concessions at these numbers either...

Maybe the GP costs have dropped though?

At circa £100k I would think it would be doable...

Maybe BSI would want to avoid another GP in Britain though, as they may feel it could have a possible impact to Cardiff where I think I am correct in saying they promote and hold the rights for..?

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wasn't it something like £150k to £200k to host a GP?

If so. A 9000 crowd would need a minimum £30 adult entry I would think to hire the stadium, build the temp structures needed, and pay the VAT..

Not sure any room for concessions at these numbers either...

Maybe the GP costs have dropped though?

At circa £100k I would think it would be doable...

Maybe BSI would want to avoid another GP in Britain though, as they may feel it could have a possible impact to Cardiff where I think I am correct in saying they promote and hold the rights for..?

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is to do with the Welsh government funding and the contract states that Cardiff is the only GP in Britain. I might be wrong though.

Just been thinking about renewing my Season Ticket and so I've revisited the ticketing information on the Belle Vue website.

And, unless I've made a mistake and / or there are additional National League matches added – i.e. the Colts progress in the K.O. Cup and / or make the play-offs, it would seem those purchasing a joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket are not really getting a good deal.

The Season Ticket information states the joint Aces / Colts ticket provides admission to all National League fixtures. At the moment, however, there are only 8 fixtures on the schedule.

The price of the Joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket is £88 more than the Season Ticket just covering the Aces fixtures

£88 / 8 matches

= £11 per match.

Yet, if you buy a ticket from the ticket-office on the night, it costs

= £10 per match.

So, in order to make the purchase of a joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket worthwhile, you’d need to be able to attend all 8 matches and hope that there’s at least one more Colts match added to the schedule, as having 9 matches to attend would at least bring the cost down to £9.78 per match. Still not a huge saving over paying on a match-by-match basis though for forking out up-front.

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

Just been thinking about renewing my Season Ticket and so I've revisited the ticketing information on the Belle Vue website.

And, unless I've made a mistake and / or there are additional National League matches added – i.e. the Colts progress in the K.O. Cup and / or make the play-offs, it would seem those purchasing a joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket are not really getting a good deal.

The Season Ticket information states the joint Aces / Colts ticket provides admission to all National League fixtures. At the moment, however, there are only 8 fixtures on the schedule.

The price of the Joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket is £88 more than the Season Ticket just covering the Aces fixtures

£88 / 8 matches

= £11 per match.

Yet, if you buy a ticket from the ticket-office on the night, it costs

= £10 per match.

So, in order to make the purchase of a joint Aces / Colts Season Ticket worthwhile, you’d need to be able to attend all 8 matches and hope that there’s at least one more Colts match added to the schedule, as having 9 matches to attend would at least bring the cost down to £9.78 per match. Still not a huge saving over paying on a match-by-match basis though for forking out up-front.

Yes...doesn't look like a great saving, you only need to miss a match or two and you have wasted money.