British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, ouch said:

I take it you’ll be there on Saturday then?

No I’m going to Lanzarote on Thursday. Wouldn’t have gone anyway. I’m a speedway fan not a quiz fan. 

• Confused 1

You could have put all your queries direct to Adrian in person. I’d have love to have seen that. Lol. 

Keep grinding that axe. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

You could have put all your queries direct to Adrian in person. I’d have love to have seen that. Lol. 

Keep grinding that axe. 

...and that is the problem, Smith doesn’t listen. I appreciate he is clueless about speedway and by all accounts not much idea about business but you’d have thought he would welcome customer feedback, listen and learn. I have emailed him before and he hasn’t had the decency to reply. He seems more interested in keeping ex-riders, volunteers and people with a long  association with the Aces out of BV.

As an ex-rider Lemon should have a word with him and sort it out but it’s obvious Lemo is just Smiths ‘yes man’...with NO authority or influence. 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

...and that is the problem, Smith doesn’t listen. I appreciate he is clueless about speedway and by all accounts not much idea about business but you’d have thought he would welcome customer feedback, listen and learn. I have emailed him before and he hasn’t had the decency to reply. He seems more interested in keeping ex-riders, volunteers and people with a long  association with the Aces out of BV.

As an ex-rider Lemon should have a word with him and sort it out but it’s obvious Leno is just Smiths ‘yes man’...with NO authority or influence. 

Are you related to Starman or KKS?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Are you related to Starman or KKS?

More likely    Speedibee  aka Adonis aka  very probably a few more names on this forum.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

As an ex-rider Lemon should have a word with him and sort it out but it’s obvious Lemo is just Smiths ‘yes man’...with NO authority or influence. 

whinge whinge moan moan the day you post something will be a miracle hope the weather in lanzorote doesn't give you anything moan about :rofl:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

whinge whinge moan moan the day you post something will be a miracle hope the weather in lanzorote doesn't give you anything moan about :rofl:

Cheers Geoff, hope it will be hotter than Glossop. 

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

The problem is you don’t listen to answers when given and I appreciate you’re clueless about the situation as by all accounts you are generally. I’d have thought you’d welcome management feedback but you don’t even have the decency to meet people to get things resolved in your mind. 

You seem more interested in making up problems at Belle Vue that aren’t there, bad mouthing ex riders and belittling the work of the volunteers. 

As an ex Aces supporter, someone needs to have a word with you buts it’s obvious you’re stuck in a rut of jealousy and regret. 

31 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Cheers Geoff, hope it will be hotter than Glossop. 

why who lives in glossop ??? :unsure:

27 minutes ago, ouch said:

The problem is you don’t listen to answers when given and I appreciate you’re clueless about the situation as by all accounts you are generally. I’d have thought you’d welcome management feedback but you don’t even have the decency to meet people to get things resolved in your mind. 

You seem more interested in making up problems at Belle Vue that aren’t there, bad mouthing ex riders and belittling the work of the volunteers. 

As an ex Aces supporter, someone needs to have a word with you buts it’s obvious you’re stuck in a rut of jealousy and regret. 

nicely put :party:

44 minutes ago, ouch said:

Ah.  That explains a lot.    That's why nothing he posts actually agrees with the facts.  A bitter and twisted ex-fan

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

...and that is the problem, Smith doesn’t listen.

Quite the opposite.   He walks the terraces talking to and listening to fans.   And not just at BV.   I saw him at Wolves last year in discussion with fans

I appreciate he is clueless about speedway

He admits he'd never seen the sport until he joined BV, and I've never seen him tell a fan he knows more about the history of the sport than them.  Although in actual fact he's learnt a lot in a few years and is now quite knowledgeable.  Probably far less clueless than you.

and by all accounts not much idea about business

Ooops  got it wrong again.  He's got a strong business background, and had worked for Belle Vue's multi-millionaire owners for a long time before.   (They are major players in telecomms and aerospace.  Both been directors of British Aerospace, and one the current CEO of Airbus!).   Here's your chance to give us your business credentials Speedytiger.  (Make something up, we can't check up on you.  Something glamorous... Lorry driver? Roadsweeper?  Go for it!)

I have emailed him before and he hasn’t had the decency to reply.

Maybe check you're doing it right.  I've never had a problem emailing him or finding him at the track to talk to, or even leaving a message with someone else for him.

. He seems more interested in keeping ex-riders, volunteers and people with a long  association with the Aces out of BV.

Keeping the volunteers out?  More unfathomable nonsense.  Can you list all the BV matches that were cancelled because the start marshal, clerk of the course, machine examiner, announcer, first aiders, programme sellers, etc etc were locked outside by Adrian Smith?    

He's also doing a very poor job of keeping ex-riders out, as there are always plenty of them at matches... Unless you're talking about one particluar bitter stubborn ex-rider who doesn't come to BV since falling out with John Perrin?  A silly stubborn man who refused the invites of the Mole/Thomas promotion to come back, then refused the invites of the Gordon/Morton promotion to come back...and guess what? Adrian Smith tried to get him to come back, but he remains bitter and twisted.   (You might get on with him).

Edited by CottonOn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ouch said:

What a misleading inaccurate response ouch. Read my post...I support ex-riders and ex-volunteers. It’s the clueless Mr Smith that’s more interested in stopping them coming into BV not me.

I go to BV most weeks I pay my money and support the Aces and Colts teams, I’m however unimpressed with the way the club is run by Smith and Lemon. They have done nothing with BV apart from half the crowd and pour money down the drain. NOT a business track record to be proud of..!!

Im sure the council who paid out £9m and own the stadium are really concerned with the way things are going.

3 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

What a misleading inaccurate response ouch. Read my post...I support ex-riders and ex-volunteers. It’s the clueless Mr Smith that’s more interested in stopping them coming into BV not me.

I go to BV most weeks I pay my money and support the Aces and Colts teams, I’m however unimpressed with the way the club is run by Smith and Lemon. They have done nothing with BV apart from half the crowd and pour money down the drain. NOT a business track record to be proud of..!!

Im sure the council who paid out £9m and own the stadium are really concerned with the way things are going.

suggest taking some happy pills to cheer your dull boring life up :party:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

They have done nothing with BV apart from half the crowd .

Ooops.   Got it wrong again.   Crowds have actually gone up.   Although they want to get them to go up an awful lot more yet.

Try sticking to just posting your daft opinions.   No one can dispute that they are just your opinions (however daft).

When you post things that are factually incorrect (as you have been doing), you're only going to look a fool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1