British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

2 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Ooops.   Got it wrong again.   Crowds have actually gone up.   Although they want to get them to go up an awful lot more yet.

Try sticking to just posting your daft opinions.   No one can dispute that they are just your opinions (however daft).

When you post things that are factually incorrect (as you have been doing), you're only going to look a fool.

Cotton, You crack on to know a lot about BV and the management for a pirate. Or are you fake fan? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

What a misleading inaccurate response ouch. Read my post...I support ex-riders and ex-volunteers. It’s the clueless Mr Smith that’s more interested in stopping them coming into BV not me.

I go to BV most weeks I pay my money and support the Aces and Colts teams, I’m however unimpressed with the way the club is run by Smith and Lemon. They have done nothing with BV apart from half the crowd and pour money down the drain. NOT a business track record to be proud of..!!

Im sure the council who paid out £9m and own the stadium are really concerned with the way things are going.

When you called ex rider Mark Lemon a yes man, you meant it as a compliment? My mistake if so. 

Your original post slated the lack of press from the Aces recently. Our main contributor has enjoyed a well deserved holiday this month and the other volunteers haven’t stepped in. Again if you meant your statement as a show of support I apologise. 

I see your other misleading and inaccurate nonsense has been handled by others. 

Lanzagrotty is 2-3 degrees hotter than Glossop next week. Oops. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Cotton, You crack on to know a lot about BV and the management for a pirate. Or are you fake fan? 

Oh my god. I’m printing that one out. Comedy gold  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Once a Pirate, always a Pirate, but since moving to Glossop I get to see more of the NSS, Buxton (RIP), and Owlerton, than dear old Wimborne Road.

Although, to be fair, there are people living on the Isle of Wight who know more about Belle Vue than you do.

Edited by CottonOn

45 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

What a misleading inaccurate response ouch. Read my post...I support ex-riders and ex-volunteers. It’s the clueless Mr Smith that’s more interested in stopping them coming into BV not me.

I go to BV most weeks I pay my money and support the Aces and Colts teams, I’m however unimpressed with the way the club is run by Smith and Lemon. They have done nothing with BV apart from half the crowd and pour money down the drain. NOT a business track record to be proud of..!!

Im sure the council who paid out £9m and own the stadium are really concerned with the way things are going.

supporters support the club/team not moan/whinge and don't make silly unfounded remarks about nothing they don't know about !! :unsure:

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Once a Pirate, always a Pirate, but since moving to Glossop I get to see more of the NSS, Buxton (RIP), and Owlerton, than dear old Wimborne Road.

Although, to be fair, there are people living on the Isle of Wight who know more about Belle Vue than you do.

Cotton, Ummm! Once an Ace always (43 years) an Ace. What a coincidence, like me you live in Glossop! 

See we have a slanging match going on.

our new promoters come from a substantial business background and they run the club with financial matters as their priority.

A Shame  thar other promotions do not follow suit.....paying riders over the odds when insufficient crowds are unable to sustain such pay packets is not in the new promoters vocabulary...unlike certain promotions

i back the New promoters 100%

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

our new promoters come from a substantial business background and they run the club with financial matters as their priority.

A Shame  thar other promotions do not follow suit.....paying riders over the odds when insufficient crowds are unable to sustain such pay packets is not in the new promoters vocabulary...unlike certain promotions

Promoters over-paying and having no realistic business plan is the main reason the sport has the problems it has.

Many appear to have little or now business sense or read Dickens (Mickawber) who always thought something would turn up.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Be a good idea if speedway promoters read and acted accordingly.

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Promoters over-paying and having no realistic business plan is the main reason the sport has the problems it has.

Many appear to have little or now business sense or read Dickens (Mickawber) who always thought something would turn up.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

True, wouldn't do you any harm to proof read before hitting send either:rolleyes:

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Gunner85 said:

TBH I don’t share your view of the BV promoters business ability, certainly not in the world of speedway. As I have stated the NSS is the best speedway track and stadium in the UK by a mile and they have done nothing profitable with it.

As for keeping rider pay in check that’s nonsense, by all accounts they have lost a small fortune somewhere in the order of £250k-£500k to date and according to the council notes not yet paid the full £300k a year rent for the stadium and alarmingly they have done nothing to increase the crowd, in fact the crowd has halved since 2016 season, nor have they brought in new or significant sponsors or any new ideas.

Lemon is just an ex-rider and has no business experience, whilst Smith is, apparently, a insurance salesman with no business or speedway experience.

If you think that they are the right people to be in charge of BV and they are running and controlling finances as a priority, you are seriously deluded.

Fact, good business people make a profit...if not they go bust. Good business people don’t lose money just for fun! 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

TBH I don’t share your view of the BV promoters business ability, certainly not in the world of speedway. As I have stated the NSS is the best speedway track and stadium in the UK by a mile and they have done nothing profitable with it.

As for keeping rider pay in check that’s nonsense, by all accounts they have lost a small fortune somewhere in the order of £250k-£500k to date and according to the council notes not yet paid the full £300k a year rent for the stadium and alarmingly they have done nothing to increase the crowd, in fact the crowd has halved since 2016 season, nor have they brought in new or significant sponsors or any new ideas.

Lemon is just an ex-rider and has no business experience, whilst Smith is, apparently, a insurance salesman with no business or speedway experience.

If you think that they are the right people to be in charge of BV and they are running and controlling finances as a priority, you are seriously deluded.

Fact, good business people make a profit...if not they go bust. Good business people don’t lose money just for fun! 

TBH no one gives a idiot what you think !! talking of deluded yes you are !!

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

TBH no one gives a idiot what you think !! talking of deluded yes you are !!

Well, we will see Geoff...we will see.

I’m certainly not deluded, I’m a BV fan for over 40 years who pays his money and I’m being realistic, I’m entitled to my opinion. I have only stated the true facts about the current promotion. If you know or think different I’m happy to be put right. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, Richard Weston said:

This is fair point but should be put in context with other sports. Most Rugby Union clubs, for example, have been loaned £millions by wealthy owners.

According to the Guardian, Roman Abramovich has put over £1bn into Chelsea. Even allowing for the difference in revenues, attendances and almost every other factor, in comparison the investment in speedway by certain individuals is chicken feed. 

50 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m certainly not deluded, I’m a BV fan for over 40 years who pays his money and I’m being realistic, I’m entitled to my opinion. I have only stated the true facts about the current promotion. If you know or think different I’m happy to be put right. 

You're not stating 'true facts' though are you ?

you're just giving your opinion on the people who run BV , which is fine by the way.

The reason BV crowds are down and we're working on a shoestring is nothing to do with Adrian Smiths perceived shortcomings as a businessman

But because the sport in general is in such a perilous position , 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

you are wrong like you have been told numerous times !! by almost everyone !!