British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

This is fair point but should be put in context with other sports. Most Rugby Union clubs, for example, have been loaned £millions by wealthy owners.

According to the Guardian, Roman Abramovich has put over £1bn into Chelsea. Even allowing for the difference in revenues, attendances and almost every other factor, in comparison the investment in speedway by certain individuals is chicken feed. 

Didn't realise rugby union had gone the same way as football.

So, it seems much sport depends on wealthy benefactors.

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Well, we will see Geoff...we will see.

I’m certainly not deluded, I’m a BV fan for over 40 years who pays his money and I’m being realistic, I’m entitled to my opinion. I have only stated the true facts about the current promotion. If you know or think different I’m happy to be put right. 

b/vue fan ??? why do call yourself speedtiger then ?? which is reference to sheffield where you say you go to watch them ? if you were a b/vue fan you would be speedace ?? any person only supports one team any sport so sheffield it is for you then !!

17 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

You're not stating 'true facts' though are you ?

you're just giving your opinion on the people who run BV , which is fine by the way.

The reason BV crowds are down and we're working on a shoestring is nothing to do with Adrian Smiths perceived shortcomings as a businessman

But because the sport in general is in such a perilous position , 

Fair point, I agree that speedway is in a seriously desperate state.

But my point is the people running the club were reported to be experienced businessmen, they were to expected to make the club successful on and off the track but they have NOT done anything to improve and promote BV and NSS, which is without doubt the best track in the UK.

Fact, crowds are down from 2016. 

Fact, financial accounts show massive losses.

Fact, BV haven’t paid the full stadium rent according to the council.

Fact, no new significant sponsors or partners. Rentruck and ATP have been sponsor partners of BV now for many seasons and well before Smith was appointment.  

Fact, BV don’t have a long term lease and only use the stadium for speedway and haven’t created any additional income. The stadium is now operated by the council.

24 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Fair point, I agree that speedway is in a seriously desperate state.

But my point is the people running the club were reported to be experienced businessmen, they were to expected to make the club successful on and off the track but they have NOT done anything to improve and promote BV and NSS, which is without doubt the best track in the UK.

Fact, crowds are down from 2016. 

Fact, financial accounts show massive losses.

Fact, BV haven’t paid the full stadium rent according to the council.

Fact, no new significant sponsors or partners. Rentruck and ATP have been sponsor partners of BV now for many seasons and well before Smith was appointment.  

Fact, BV don’t have a long term lease and only use the stadium for speedway and haven’t created any additional income. The stadium is now operated by the council.

all FACTS wrong !! you must be known has grim reaper in glossop :rofl:

• Like 1

He’s a troll. He gave himself away with his most recent posts as even the most stupid would not misunderstand the situation to the degree he displays. 

He can only be doing it on purpose so therefore in the ignore box he goes. 

Very sad. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, geoff58 said:

b/vue fan ??? why do call yourself speedtiger then ?? which is reference to sheffield where you say you go to watch them ? if you were a b/vue fan you would be speedace ?? any person only supports one team any sport so sheffield it is for you then !!

Geoff, I'm NOT a troll despite what deluded ouch thinks, , I have been a loyal BV fan for over 40 years and the past few years a BV volunteer member of staff. As I live in Glossop I often go to watch Sheffield which I also enjoy.

I have strong views and serious concerns based on facts about the way BV is run...it can NOT continue...I fear it will end in disaster. 

BTW what my name is on here is actually totally irrelevant. :)

Any chance we can get back on topic?

Whats the betting Berge is gone after 1 meeting? And who will replace him?

5 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Geoff, I'm NOT a troll despite what deluded ouch thinks, , I have been a loyal BV fan for over 40 years and the past few years a BV volunteer member of staff. As I live in Glossop I often go to watch Sheffield which I also enjoy.

I have strong views and serious concerns based on facts about the way BV is run...it can NOT continue...I fear it will end in disaster. 

BTW what my name is on here is actually totally irrelevant. :)

ha we will see  !! if you are  or were a volunteer recently you would have had every chance to put your thoughts to adrian in person instead of sending e-mails to him which you say he doesn't reply ?? unless you a not upto facing and telling him face to face ??????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

ha we will see  !! if you are  or were a volunteer recently you would have had every chance to put your thoughts to adrian in person instead of sending e-mails to him which you say he doesn't reply ?? unless you a not upto facing and telling him face to face ??????????????

To answer your specific points...I don’t intend to go into the details of what was said but I had a conversation with Smith in the pits after a race meeting last season. Yes, he listened, sort of....but came across as clueless and had an arrogant attitude...but he promised to get back to me, he didn’t...so I emailed him in the closed season and I didn’t get a reply.

13 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

To answer your specific points...I don’t intend to go into the details of what was said but I had a conversation with Smith in the pits after a race meeting last season. Yes, he listened, sort of....but came across as clueless and had an arrogant attitude...but he promised to get back to me, he didn’t...so I emailed him in the closed season and I didn’t get a reply.

obviously you came across to him like you do on here negative and not knowing any true facts i will leave it at that !!

The BVSSC membership/Quiz Night

Sat 2nd March from 7-00pm ,

At the NSS. 

Fans are invited to join us for fun & games at the stadium where the BV management will be on hand to answer questions prior to holding our world famous dead good quiz.

Pie & chips will be available on request during the evening priced £6 or £8.50 with a pint and people who wish to join or re new membership can do so on the night  

Entry is free,

Teams of 4, £2 ea for the Quiz.

Not the best start to 2019.

Jaimon Lidsey has sadly broken his collarbone riding in Australia.

Let’s hope he isnt out for too long as he could well be our trump card for this season. 

Starting his rehab in Poland Sunday so I’d imagine he will be pretty ready to go come the start of the season.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 2:26 PM, acef said:

Any chance we can get back on topic?

Whats the betting Berge is gone after 1 meeting? And who will replace him?

That is easy Josh Auty he recentley moved to Stalybridge and is the best rider not to have a place in the Premiership and i am gob smacked he is not snapped up

• Haha 1