British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Conversion is 1.5

4.39 then.

I see Ipswich sit top of the table 

I realize its early but its amazing how the Witches managed to build a stronger 

line up in 4 weeks than the Aces could in 4 months !!

Mark Lemon still director of all speedway matters at NSS ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

I see Ipswich sit top of the table 

I realize its early but its amazing how the Witches managed to build a stronger 

line up in 4 weeks than the Aces could in 4 months !!

Mark Lemon still director of all speedway matters at NSS ?

...and the witches team probably put together by the much abused cabbage patch clown Chapman. Lemon is clueless and IMO over rated as a TM let alone a director of speedway. He was an ok rider who’s now way out of his depth and just going through the motions and picking up his pay cheque. The sooner they sus him out and get someone in who’s experienced at BV the better. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Speedtiger     53

5 hours ago,  DBP said: 

The belle vue management are business men with a series of well publicised company failures which sustained multi million pound debt. Google robin southwell

I believe this is the third season of a three season business plan and it will be interesting what happens at the end of this season, it would not surprise me if belle vue were looking for new owners.

Blimey, just Googled Robin Southwell...wow there’s lots of very interesting stuff on him and about a company called Corporate Jet Service and also some of his well dodgy associates who are all now in clink for 47 years for the HBOS fraud. Seems the Bank lost £113m and Manx Government a fortune. Well with a checkered business record like that how long before BV goes bust?

You have to ask why did the Council get involved with him (they must have checked up) and him with speedway? 

Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive? 

This isn’t really for the Craig Cook thread so I’ll move this to Belle Vue thread. 

"Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive?"

Extremely naive i think- if the potential promoter comes up with the dosh they are in the club !! Terry Lindon being a prime example :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

"Surely they must have to pass a BSPA fit and proper person assessment before being involved in speedway or am I being a little naive?"

Extremely naive i think- if the potential promoter comes up with the dosh they are in the club !! Terry Lindon being a prime example :) 

Mick Horton slipped through the net several times. Killed Peterborough twice mildenhall once and Coventry once. Team manager at Oxford whilst his brother killed that club. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Mick Horton slipped through the net several times. Killed Peterborough twice mildenhall once and Coventry once. Team manager at Oxford whilst his brother killed that club. 

Impressive CV - sure he would be welcomed back with open arms. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Ok fair enough but surely the Manchester council would have to check on tenants background as they can not be seen to be involved with risky unsuitable people running the stadium. It is easy to check as I just found out, as his business failures and history is a quick click on to google. 

9 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

That’s not the case. Neither Peterborough nor Mildenhall were ‘killed’ by Mick, and Coventry only ended under his ownership following the loss of Brandon which led to the unsuccessful season at Leicester. 

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not the case. Neither Peterborough nor Mildenhall were ‘killed’ by Mick, and Coventry only ended under his ownership following the loss of Brandon which led to the unsuccessful season at Leicester. 

He wasn’t exactly their lucky mascot though was he!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok fair enough but surely the Manchester council would have to check on tenants background as they can not be seen to be involved with risky unsuitable people running the stadium. It is easy to check as I just found out, as his business failures and history is a quick click on to google. 

Much of course depends on "who you know" in positions of influence and how long they continue to pat you on the back and say " you can depend on my friend here". When they suddenly drop you, well then you have to dig into the pile of funds you salted away when things last went belly up in your business life.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Much of course depends on "who you know" in positions of influence and how long they continue to pat you on the back and say " you can depend on my friend here". When they suddenly drop you, well then you have to dig into the pile of funds you salted away when things last went belly up in your business life.

Not 100% sure what you mean? The Council have to be above board and squeaky clean surely? Tax payers money! The dodgy business history of Mr Southwell should have been flagged up? Looking on Google at the information on Southwell would have set off alarm bells and it seems BV and NSS are clearly not in such safe hands!