British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

Lidsey is an obvious talent. We should remember it's his first season in the UK. He will gain from the experience and then we shall gain the benefit in the long term. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Lidsey is an obvious talent. We should remember it's his first season in the UK. He will gain from the experience and then we shall gain the benefit in the long term. 

Most tracks are 'large' in the Premiership now so he really should be used to them having spent plenty of weeks riding in Poland...

Get out of the start first, go down the straight and then turn left, is pretty much the same at every track..

Seems to do it in Poland and the U21 World Champs against better opposition quite well..

If he genuinely is 'a talent' he should be doing much better over here..

Really talented riders,over the years have delivered pretty much from the off 6 to 7 a match, regardless of whether they have seen the track before...

Edited by mikebv

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Most tracks are 'large' in the Premiership now so he really should be used to them having spent plenty of weeks riding in Poland...

Get out of the start first, go down the straight and then turn left, is pretty much the same at every track..

Seems to do it in Poland and the U21 World Champs against better opposition quite well..

Do the riders who have a Polish contract have different quality of engine/machinery/mechanics in Poland compared to UK.????

Even Robert Lambert doesnt seem to be doing as well in the UK this year.

22 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Do the riders who have a Polish contract have different quality of engine/machinery/mechanics in Poland compared to UK.????

Even Robert Lambert doesnt seem to be doing as well in the UK this year.

I know what I would do if I had two jobs and one paid me several thousand more than the other..

Especially when one of the jobs is only yours as long as you perform due to the 'waiting list' for the role, whilst the other is pretty much yours until you decide you don't want it any more..

And even if you do lose the lesser paying job, someone else will give you some work on similar money with pretty much an immediate start..

As I say, under those conditions, I know, what I would focus on, even sub consciously...

11 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Time for changes was weeks ago, it's not the losses away it's the fact apart from Wolves we haven't been close to even getting a point.  No changes = no play offs.

Agreed. Can not see BV doing big changes now. As you said should of been done weeks ago. Another example of how poor Lemo is as TM and how badly the BV club is run = Lazy and with NO ambition. Except the Colts! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Really talented riders,over the years have delivered pretty much from the off 6 to 7 a match, regardless of whether they have seen the track before...

Lidsey is currently 17th in the averages for the Polish third division, just below Berge. Inexperienced riders who come straight into the top league in the UK and score 6/7 home and away are very few and far between. Also, thinking that every track is the same if you get out of the gate first  overlooks the need to know where the grip is, the fastest lines, having the right set up, not just at the start of the meeting but also as the track changes. That all comes with experience of racing on those tracks. 

My assessment is that Lidsey will develop into a good rider and possibly much better than that. It's all about opinions but some are expecting too much from him at this stage of his development. 

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Before yesterday we had 10.14 to use if we changed berge and wells. But we have kept with them and now as of last night if we was to change we only have 9.40 Or 14.10 if we replace lidsey to. Because he is somewhat getting away with very poor performances away.

The cut off date for July 1st averages was the 23rd June and therefore the King’s Lynn  match will come in to the 1st August averages

17 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Lidsey is currently 17th in the averages for the Polish third division, just below Berge. Inexperienced riders who come straight into the top league in the UK and score 6/7 home and away are very few and far between. Also, thinking that every track is the same if you get out of the gate first  overlooks the need to know where the grip is, the fastest lines, having the right set up, not just at the start of the meeting but also as the track changes. That all comes with experience of racing on those tracks. 

My assessment is that Lidsey will develop into a good rider and possibly much better than that. It's all about opinions but some are expecting too much from him at this stage of his development. 

With you on that one Aces51, Lidsey will develop into a good rider he is someone you have to give time to.At Worky last year they showed everyone what can be achieved with the way they handled young Bickley and how he has come on in the Championship because of it.Why do some of the ground work with Lidsey then allow somebody to reap the benefit in the future patience is the word.He is suffering a bit of pressure because other riders in the team  are not doing the job they are capable of doing.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

With you on that one Aces51, Lidsey will develop into a good rider he is someone you have to give time to.At Worky last year they showed everyone what can be achieved with the way they handled young Bickley and how he has come on in the Championship because of it.Why do some of the ground work with Lidsey then allow somebody to reap the benefit in the future patience is the word.He is suffering a bit of pressure because other riders in the team  are not doing the job they are capable of doing.

Yep fully agree with this post.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:05 AM, Speedtiger said:

Agreed. Can not see BV doing big changes now. As you said should of been done weeks ago. Another example of how poor Lemo is as TM and how badly the BV club is run = Lazy and with NO ambition. Except the Colts! 

Changes have been made and whilst open to opinion, they are going to make us stronger.

For weeks BV fans have been screaming change. The club have listened.

As for lemon, he is doing what he can under the remit he has although I acknowledge his decision making during meetings is questionable.

As with pretty much every club in the uk, BV are working in a difficult environment where decisions, and big ones, are often made above and for them. See sheffield for a case in point.

Give them a break.

• Like 1

To be fair on paper at least Belle Vue built there side solidly which should had allowed them to carry Jaimon a little, to be fair i think he's done ok but I totally agree with my old mate Sidney do not let others gain as I'm pretty certain they would....up to Bewley Verge and in particular Wells to step things up especially away although for at least one of the latter two i think that horse has bolted 

What price a return for Jye Etheridge at the lower end?     Going well again at Berwick.     He was very unlucky to lose the gig last season, and showed a lot of dignity in coming back (and doing so well) in the play-offs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Uluru said:

What price a return for Jye Etheridge at the lower end?     Going well again at Berwick.     He was very unlucky to lose the gig last season, and showed a lot of dignity in coming back (and doing so well) in the play-offs.

He was great at home, which the Aces are pretty strong at the NSS, whilst away he was dreadful which was why he released last year. They need someone who will improve their chances on away tracks. Backward step imho.

• Like 1

It's not jye 

But is it an Aussie?