British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

20 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

Almost certainly the wrong place to ask, but where is the best place to park when attending Belle Vue . I will have my disabled grand-daughter with me, who can only walk shortish distances so nearest car park would be ideal, or is there disabled parking at the stadium?

Thanks Steve

There's a car park on stadium grounds and also on Pink Bank Lane just past the stadium on the left

not sure about disabled parking but the walking distances are short , 

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 minute ago, WestGorton1884 said:

There's a car park on Pink Bank Lane just past the stadium on the left , not sure about disabled parking but the walking distances are short 

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eduds1 said:

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

Any time  Steve ,

also if you arrived early enough you might find a spot on Kirkmanshulme lane , directly facing stadium 

16 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Any time  Steve ,

also if you arrived early enough you might find a spot on Kirkmanshulme lane , directly facing stadium 

Been looking on google maps. Can you get onto that car park off kirkmanshulme lane with the stadium on the left, or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd. Sorry to be a pain but I can get lost in my own garden.

Thanks Steve

1 minute ago, Eduds1 said:

Been looking on google maps. Can you get onto that car park off kirkmanshulme lane with the stadium on the left, or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd. Sorry to be a pain but I can get lost in my own garden.

Thanks Steve

No problem at all , 

Getting on Kirkmanshulme lane from Hyde road is relatively simple  depending which way You're tavelling 

Coming up Hyde road it would be probably be easier turning right at main crossroads (  pottery lane A6010 ) round the back of car auctions 

then left onto Kirkmanshulme lane .

Coming down Hyde road left after BV train station then immediately get in right lane for Kirkmanshulme lane past the dog track 

1 hour ago, Eduds1 said:

Almost certainly the wrong place to ask, but where is the best place to park when attending Belle Vue . I will have my disabled grand-daughter with me, who can only walk shortish distances so nearest car park would be ideal, or is there disabled parking at the stadium?

Thanks Steve

Depending which stand you are going in, disabled parking for grandstand is right next to the main reception on Kirkmanshulme Lane, very short walk to grandstand and there is a lift. South stand has its own car park on Pink Bank Lane and can park right next turnstiles if get there at decent time. South stand is standing with disabled area at each end.

12 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

No problem at all , 

Getting on Kirkmanshulme lane from Hyde road is relatively simple  depending which way You're tavelling 

Coming up Hyde road it would be probably be easier turning right at main crossroads (  pottery lane A6010 ) round the back of car auctions 

then left onto Kirkmanshulme lane .

Coming down Hyde road left after BV train station then immediately get in right lane for Kirkmanshulme lane past the dog track 

Thanks for your reply, I don't think I worded my question correctly, opposite the stadium there seems to be a huge car park on the other side of Kirkmanshulme Lane. I can't see on the map if you can enter the car park off K Lane with the stadium on my left or can I only access this car park travelling up K Lane with the stadium on my right or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd, assuming that you are allowed to use this car park as a Speedway customer. Sorry this is so long-winded, but I suffer from panic attacks if I get too stressed and don't want to get lost in a city this big. Thank you and Rob B for all your help and any future help given.

Thanks Steve

I think you might be referring to the huge car park that belongs to the Showcase cinema. I don't know whether you're officially allowed to use it, but I'd be surprised if it was a problem.

15 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

Thanks for your reply, I don't think I worded my question correctly, opposite the stadium there seems to be a huge car park on the other side of Kirkmanshulme Lane. I can't see on the map if you can enter the car park off K Lane with the stadium on my left or can I only access this car park travelling up K Lane with the stadium on my right or do you have to enter off Hyde Rd, assuming that you are allowed to use this car park as a Speedway customer. Sorry this is so long-winded, but I suffer from panic attacks if I get too stressed and don't want to get lost in a city this big. Thank you and Rob B for all your help and any future help given.

Thanks Steve

That large car park is Showcase cinema and the entrance is on Hyde Road (exit on Kirkmanshulme Lane). It was an official car park for speedway of nations and although isn't official for regular speedway meetings I've never heard of anyone having a problem parking there. With a disabled badge though you can park right next to main reception of speedway stadium although spaces are limited so get there at decent time.

20 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

Thanks Steve

The huge car park on the other side of the road is the Showcase Cinema.    It's free but in theory it's only for use of cinema patrons, and for big meetings they often have someone on the gate trying to turn away non-cinema people.   But for ordinary meetings you'd get in.  The entrance to the Showcase Cinema car park is on Hyde Road, the big main cinema entrance there.

The Speedway stadium is very disabled friendly.  Being a modern stadium, they have to cater for the disabled by law.     If you're going for the grandstand, there are disabled parking spaces right next to the main reception by the ticket office and turnstiles (Bring your disabled badge and you're ok).   There are lifts inside, and wheelchair viewing areas at both ends of the grandstand.

If you're going for the backstraight you want the South car park off Pink Bank Lane.  You can again park very close to the turnstiles as long as you're there in time.

Edited by CottonOn

2 hours ago, Bryce said:

I think you might be referring to the huge car park that belongs to the Showcase cinema. I don't know whether you're officially allowed to use it, but I'd be surprised if it was a problem.

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

That large car park is Showcase cinema and the entrance is on Hyde Road (exit on Kirkmanshulme Lane). It was an official car park for speedway of nations and although isn't official for regular speedway meetings I've never heard of anyone having a problem parking there. With a disabled badge though you can park right next to main reception of speedway stadium although spaces are limited so get there at decent time.

2 hours ago, CottonOn said:

The huge car park on the other side of the road is the Showcase Cinema.    It's free but in theory it's only for use of cinema patrons, and for big meetings they often have someone on the gate trying to turn away non-cinema people.   But for ordinary meetings you'd get in.  The entrance to the Showcase Cinema car park is on Hyde Road, the big main cinema entrance there.

The Speedway stadium is very disabled friendly.  Being a modern stadium, they have to cater for the disabled by law.     If you're going for the grandstand, there are disabled parking spaces right next to the main reception by the ticket office and turnstiles (Bring your disabled badge and you're ok).   There are lifts inside, and wheelchair viewing areas at both ends of the grandstand.

If you're going for the backstraight you want the South car park off Pink Bank Lane.  You can again park very close to the turnstiles as long as you're there in time.

Thank you all for your kind replies. I was thinking of travelling to the British final does this cause more parking difficulties.

Yours Steve

4 hours ago, Eduds1 said:

Thank you all for your kind replies. I was thinking of travelling to the British final does this cause more parking difficulties.

Yours Steve

Not really as usually British Final crowd isn't that big with it being on a Monday and live on TV.

Ok he struggled a bit at BV but Ricky Wells scored 10 tonight as a guest for  victorious Poole. Maybe the clowns running BV didn’t try hard enough to get him going but the mercurial Middlo clearly did. Just shows again what a good TM Middlo is and what he has achieved with a rider. The clueless Lemon and his useless boss Smith can only dream of being at his level. They just make one dumb mistake after another. Very disappointing. 

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok he struggled a bit at BV but Ricky Wells scored 10 tonight as a guest for  victorious Poole. Maybe the clowns running BV didn’t try hard enough to get him going but the mercurial Middlo clearly did. Just shows again what a good TM Middlo is and what he has achieved with a rider. The clueless Lemon and his useless boss Smith can only dream of being at his level. They just make one dumb mistake after another. Very disappointing. 

You clearly have all the knowledge needed to manage a professional speedway team,I look forward to your views on how to get the best out of a poorly riding speedway rider. 

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

By far and a way the best Wells has ridden at Foxhall in about 5 years, used to go well at ours regularly but in recent years has struggled - was very good last night