British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's great to watch a race track that allows riders to concentrate on racing and lining opponents up and try and pass then rather than worrying about finding some grip from nowhere and heading towards a fence, or maybe an ambulance..

Riders will provide great entertainment if they are allowed to..

The NSS allows that opportunity.

Having all four riders enter a final lap with all thinking their position isn't guaranteed is great to watch...

You're lucky to have a modern track basically ........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

Not really..

It was designed on a track built in 1928..

Many tracks could do a 'mini NSS'..

ie wide bends and more circular than oval. ..

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Not really..

It was designed on a track built in 1928..

Many tracks could do a 'mini NSS'..

ie wide bends and more circular than oval. ..

Thought it was based on the best features of lots of different tracks?  They could if they owned their stadiums, had a few thousand pounds to invest, could get rid of their greyhound tracks, stock car tracks etc etc ......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trees said:

Thought it was based on the best features of lots of different tracks?  They could if they owned their stadiums, had a few thousand pounds to invest, could get rid of their greyhound tracks, stock car tracks etc etc ......

No need to get rid of the greyhound tracks.

Gustrow's track, for example, as a foot print, would sit within most greyhound tracks..

Cannot complain when tracks pay hundreds of thousands to riders who put hardly one extra punter on the gate, instead of spending hundreds of thousands on their tracks (and improve  the entertainment), which could maybe attract more punters...

The longer the straights and tighter the bends, the more horsepower, and trapping, plays a part..

The longer the bends and smaller the straights the more ability and track craft plays its part..

The longer riders go sideways, rather than in a straight line, the better the racing..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Trees said:

I'm sure you as well as many others remember how good TNA was, it could easily return to that status with some investment, here though lies the problem receipts from attendensies won't fund this and promoters won't unless crowds improve. vicious circle which I sincerely hope can be overcome somehow.

I have copied this here from the U21 Team Final hoping to prompt discussion of Pay Per View live streaming -

The real winner was the quality of the delayed live stream, which I personally would have paid for ( had the option been available  LIVE ). This is the dilemma facing UK speedway in that making paid live streaming of as many matches as possible to see if that can add to the overall income stream for each club. I would pay for a live streaming view of every match from the NSS. I would pay £5 - possibly more and I point out that I would not be a lost fan from the turnstile income as I have never been there and am very unlikely to watch live in the stadium ( due to several factors including transport the and overall costs ). Would this match have made the Pay Per View income viable ie 1,000 people or 5,000 people paying to watch? As there was a potentially global audience it could have been 25,000 paying fans ( or more ). The BSPA need to grasp the nettle on this ( yes I know this was not a BSPA event ) but the likely future of UK speedway is at least partially intertwined with PPV income. This delayed live stream, which I enjoyed, was worth me paying something for, had it been LIVE . What do other people feel?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I have copied this here from the U21 Team Final hoping to prompt discussion of Pay Per View live streaming -

The real winner was the quality of the delayed live stream, which I personally would have paid for ( had the option been available  LIVE ). This is the dilemma facing UK speedway in that making paid live streaming of as many matches as possible to see if that can add to the overall income stream for each club. I would pay for a live streaming view of every match from the NSS. I would pay £5 - possibly more and I point out that I would not be a lost fan from the turnstile income as I have never been there and am very unlikely to watch live in the stadium ( due to several factors including transport the and overall costs ). Would this match have made the Pay Per View income viable ie 1,000 people or 5,000 people paying to watch? As there was a potentially global audience it could have been 25,000 paying fans ( or more ). The BSPA need to grasp the nettle on this ( yes I know this was not a BSPA event ) but the likely future of UK speedway is at least partially intertwined with PPV income. This delayed live stream, which I enjoyed, was worth me paying something for, had it been LIVE . What do other people feel?

•  

That's a hard one,would it offset the lost income from gate money, as IMO more fans would stay at home, especially early/late season when nights are darker and colder. Seeing R Lambert blast round the boards at the NSS could not be as exciting watching it at ones home on a TV screen, as it is live in the flesh. Also if we could get the atmosphere generated by visiting Polish fans,that would be lost on PPV

1 minute ago, hyderd said:

That's a hard one,would it offset the lost income from gate money, as IMO more fans would stay at home, especially early/late season when nights are darker and colder. Seeing R Lambert blast round the boards at the NSS could not be as exciting watching it at ones home on a TV screen, as it is live in the flesh. Also if we could get the atmosphere generated by visiting Polish fans,that would be lost on PPV

It's not a hard one at all, you either modernize or die ...

5 minutes ago, hyderd said:

But for those who can't attend but want to see the meeting. They are losing revenue imo.  Make it a good price to watch on the internet to stop fans not going, £10/£15 ....

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It's not a hard one at all, you either modernize or die ...

Spot on...

Can't imagine the companies that film the racing at the various tracks around the country sell thousands of DVD's for each meeting, so surely it would be more beneficial financially for themselves to get paid by the clubs to stream the racing live? 

Speedway pretty much now has a hard core of followers at most tracks who will be there week in week out, with crowds (unless on TV or poor weather), not fluctuating up and down by any more than 10 to 15% from the average I would suggest..

And streaming would especially help the clubs financially on those nights when the weather is a bit ropey, as many don't attend the track now, but would no doubt pay to watch the stream from the comfort of their armchairs..

As I say, the die hards will be there anyway, those who spend the most money all season with the clubs, it's the less regular attendees that streaming will pick up, increasing their contribution to the clubs finances..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For someone who lives in London where there is no speedway the stream be it live or delayed was fantastic. It was obviously Clean Cut Sports who have the technology as they live stream ice hockey, I think, but it was their commentary until it was cut for the last few heats. No matter, it was nearly live speedway.

This must be the future. Yes, it could lose a bit at the gate but make it pay per view then you will get the money that way, better than no money at all. I pay £26 per month to BT so I can watch speedway which I would rather pay to the sport than a TV company. 

Subscribing to watch movies, sport etc. is very common so let’s embrace the opportunity to promote our sport, start with all premiership matches and sell as a full subscription,  part subscription for “your” teams away matches, or extra for both home and away. There are huge opportunities out there, let’s grab them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because of restrictions imposed on Clean Cut, the message about the delayed stream was only allowed to be publicised (on Belle Vue twitter account) shortly before the streaming began.

As word gradually got round, the streaming audience climbed to over 1300. It may well have climbed further after the actual meeting finished.

I can understand the (financial) reluctance of publicising the stream, but the technology exists to block the stream from certain areas.

Kudos to Pete Ballinger in actually getting the stream going despite having short notice that permission had been granted for the delayed stream. :t:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Because of restrictions imposed on Clean Cut, the message about the delayed stream was only allowed to be publicised (on Belle Vue twitter account) shortly before the streaming began.

As word gradually got round, the streaming audience climbed to over 1300. It may well have climbed further after the actual meeting finished.

I can understand the (financial) reluctance of publicising the stream, but the technology exists to block the stream from certain areas.

Kudos to Pete Ballinger in actually getting the stream going despite having short notice that permission had been granted for the delayed stream. :t:

I told Poland(Sportowefakty) about it so that probably helped the figures.:)

The idea is to attract away fans and neutrals to watch it who wouldn’t want to travel without stopping locals from attending.

Price of around £10 is lot cheaper for an away fan then travelling etc.
Ice hockey been doing this for years and have learnt this you don’t want to affect the the home crowd but gain from mainly away fans watching steam who don’t want to travel.

• Like 1