British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Oh didn't know that but NBJ is better anyway in my opinion.

Definitely, his previous performances at NSS have been very poor but am sure can improve there with some setup help from Fricke & Bjerre etc.

Shame for Aarnio. Just bad luck throughout his very short stay. All the best to NBJ. Sort out our away form and we will be ok.

We need to sort our number 3&4 this is where we are Vunerable Stevie W  and Dan are just not coming up with the points .

Can’t understand why BV did not sign Jason Garrity , he’s expressed his desire to ride for us ,he is local ,he is a crowd pleaser ,can be a match winner and a personality, should be a no brainier instead of RW. .

wats the situation 

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

Belle Vue signed Nikolaj Busk Jacobsen to replace Tero Aarnio

Inspirational signing.!

• Like 1

Gonna put this here. Last week i rang BVA to get a past programme sent to me. I told the woman i had got all the autographs of the riders(now i need to get NBJs). But i had not got Mark Lemons, The boss. Was there any chance it could be done for me. Well today its come. Signed in gold. I am happy. Just shows that this Sport treats its fans good. I collect Belle Vue programmes home and away. Just hope they carry on doing them. They have stopped doing them at most Clubs in Rugby League. Anyway thanks to Belle Vue Aces.

• Like 1

It's about time programs were done away with, and it all goes digital.  It's about time speedway went green

Edited by Thecatalyst

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

It's about time programs were done away with, and it all goes digital.  It's about time speedway went green

NO WAY. There are a lot of people like me who go to the Speedway. They have collected them for years. And still living a bit old-fashioned. Buying newspapers,magazines etc. Programmes and the Star are vital to me. I have wrongly (tbh )been thinking, No Speedway is one Sport that can never do away with them. Reason for this, The scorecard. Then i got reminded by someone. That is what we will all end up with. Just the scorecard. No way. Never do that Speedway clubs. I could not disagree with you anymore Catalyst. 

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

I use the My Speedway app

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

NO WAY. There are a lot of people like me who go to the Speedway. They have collected them for years. And still living a bit old-fashioned. Buying newspapers,magazines etc. Programmes and the Star are vital to me. I have wrongly (tbh )been thinking, No Speedway is one Sport that can never do away with them. Reason for this, The scorecard. Then i got reminded by someone. That is what we will all end up with. Just the scorecard. No way. Never do that Speedway clubs. I could not disagree with you anymore Catalyst. 

Way too nerdy for me, years ago when I did get a programme I put it straight in the bin on the way out. 

I remember the first time I took a girlfriend to speedway and she asked why I was filling in the scores, and I couldn't really answer her, so I stopped buying programmes, as I couldn't work out why I did it either, it was just a thing my dad did when I first went 

• Like 1

The thing that attracted me to the sport was the programme and the programme board.

All manner of shapes and colours - home made with bull dog clips!

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, GWC said:

The thing that attracted me to the sport was the programme and the programme board.

All manner of shapes and colours - home made with bull dog clips!

The thing that attracted me to keep going after my first time was some pretty girls sitting in front of me. 

Dan Bewley writes :

Hey everyone, 
Gutted to have to take a little time out ! 
Last Thursday in my first heat I aggravated my back, it didn’t feel too bad at first but every heat it got worse, I seen a sports therapist on Friday in Poland and felt good before my match on Sunday, in the practice before the meeting it felt ok but in every race the pain got worse, after the meeting I had an X-ray and it showed there was nothing serious.

Before the British final on Monday I was in ice baths and Jacuzzis and felt good again,
I wore a kidney belt and took some pain killers before my first heat but sadly it wasn’t enough and the pain came back and I knew I had to stop.

Since then I’ve been checked out by an osteopath and told I most likely have a facet joint strain (like a sprained ankle but in your back). The actual injury isn’t bad but because of all the Nerves in the area it feels allot worse than it is.
Hopefully in 1 or 2 weeks I’ll be pain free and back racing 

Thanks for all the support, and to @row1932rybnik @theaces1928 @mark.lemon for their help.

• Like 3

Cant see the aces v Swindon topic anymore. 

But this is how NBJ introduced himself to his new home fans. Cracking ride. 

• Like 2

No disrespect to Aarnio. But NBJ is a lot better. Great stuff.