British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Palin is a Scunthorpe asset andsI assume that Bailey is a Glasgow asset as he signed for them first. 

Jordan Palin is still 15 years old, so he won't be an asset of any Club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

My mistake then but  my understanding,  confirmed by his recent comments, is that Scunthorpe have offered him a team place next year and he intends to take up that offer. I shall be delighted if he changes his mind and commits his future to Belle Vue.

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I shall be delighted if he changes his mind and commits his future to Belle Vue.

He doesn't need to change his mind about the Scunthorpe team spot.   He could sign as a Belle Vue asset and still race for Scunthorpe in the Championship in 2020.

In fact that might be his most sensible option..    Sign for Belle Vue as an asset.   Go on a free loan to Scunthorpe in the 2020 Championship, stay there until he's ready for Premiership and then straight up with Belle Vue.

It'd be the same path as Dan Bewley who signed for Belle Vue and went on loan to Edinburgh (and then Glasgow and Workington) whilst having a ready made place at BV once he was Premiership ready.

My recollection, I think from an article in the Speedway Star at the beginning of the season is that he committed his future to Scunthorpe, the implication being that he would be their asset. 

He could of course change his mind about his future and become an Aces asset and some of us might think that would be his best option.

19 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I would imagine Scunny have a gentleman's agreement with him i can see Jordan being in an aces racejacket in the future and riding the NSS everyweek will help him to devolop.As a rider he looks to have a lovely riding style he is technically good and comes across terrific with the media a down to earth lad fingers crossed for him.

• Like 2

surely its in scunthorpes best interest to make him their asset then sell him to bell vue(or whoever)the lad could probably negotiate a better deal for himself that way as well

On 9/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, Sidney the robin said:

Totally agree saw young Palin at Swindon the other month with the promising Thompson twins and others and the entertainment level was superb.Would love a few of these young uns to breakthrough and have good speedway careers.The Aces have young Bickley making his way are Palin/Bailey both Aces assets? or does Palin belong to Scunny.?

Bailey is a Glasgow asset

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Bailey is a Glasgow asset

A good one at that , Rew, Bailey, Browne, Gilmore are the next few young aussies to come through.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Does it matter who's asset, how many riders get bought these days.  Cook ride for Belle Vue for 8 years and we didn't buy him.  

11 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Does it matter who's asset, how many riders get bought these days.  Cook ride for Belle Vue for 8 years and we didn't buy him.  

Only when it comes to selling.

We were loyal to craig and vice versa but had we owned him then we could have got a transfer fee.

7 hours ago, acef said:

Only when it comes to selling.

We were loyal to craig and vice versa but had we owned him then we could have got a transfer fee.

Why who was going to buy him.  Nobody buys these days it's all loans., Fees are next to nothing.

Edited by SUPERACE

I’m still wondering and gutted as to how we managed to miss out on the top 4! The fans will miss out on exciting meetings and it is a massive financial blow for the club. Not getting to the finals will cost tens of thousands of pounds and loss this season will be telephone numbers again. I no it’s not just one thing that’s gone wrong and riders have not done the business so have to take some of the blame but there’s something not right at bv and there seems to be little or no ambition and a strange acceptance of failure. Falling crowds at bv and in speedway are a big problem and the way the sport is run is a joke but there no promotion of the club to fight back. Management seem slow to react to poor rider performances and incapable of attracting new improving replacements. Yes we need to change the team but should also seriously look at the way the club is run, which is very poor. Will that happen only time will tell? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m still wondering and gutted as to how we managed to miss out on the top 4! The fans will miss out on exciting meetings and it is a massive financial blow for the club. Not getting to the finals will cost tens of thousands of pounds and loss this season will be telephone numbers again. I no it’s not just one thing that’s gone wrong and riders have not done the business so have to take some of the blame but there’s something not right at bv and there seems to be little or no ambition and a strange acceptance of failure. Falling crowds at bv and in speedway are a big problem and the way the sport is run is a joke but there no promotion of the club to fight back. Management seem slow to react to poor rider performances and incapable of attracting new improving replacements. Yes we need to change the team but should also seriously look at the way the club is run, which is very poor. Will that happen only time will tell? 

Yet if Fricke didn't get injured and miss the wolves match we would of won and we would be in the playoffs now.  Mistakes made this season yes but it's small margins in the end.

7 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Yet if Fricke didn't get injured and miss the wolves match we would of won and we would be in the playoffs now.  Mistakes made this season yes but it's small margins in the end.

And giving up a 16 point lead against Poole didn't help the cause. Very disappointed. I like Mark but he must accept his share of mistakes. Not replacing riders, tactical errors and poor marketing  by the CEO. 

• Like 2

We missed out on the play offs because we took a chance on Steve and Dan recovering from their injuries and getting back to their pre injury form. It didn't work out, although Dan is now almost there. I doubt many fans would not have wanted us to include them in the original team selection and the management obviously thought likewise.

We missed out on the play offs because we held on to Wells for far too long. He should have been replaced before his average dropped and that was a management mistake.

However, as Superace has said and despite the above, we would  have been in the play offs if Fricke had not been injured prior to the Wolverhampton meeting. There were no suitable guests available from Ipswich, the only team not riding that day and we lost to Wolverhampton by 4 points with r/r for Fricke scoring just 4. Nothing is certain in life or speedway but I am sure Fricke would have scored at least enough points to gives us the win.

As for promoting the club , the management can always do more but it is far from easy with limited financial resources and to compete for media space against Manchester United and City and the other local league clubs, plus the local rugby and cricket clubs. They do try to maintain a high profile on social media, they tried the initiative of giving everyone who attended one of the meetings a voucher for £5 to be used at any other meeting and it seems to me that crowds are increasing. 

• Thanks 2