British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

As superace says, it was small margins. But in a league where there is 7 teams only, small margins have to be thwarted. 

What's annoying is that it's always silly mistakes that cost us, which I suppose makes a change for it to be because of injuries. 

The problems started with losing that 16 point lead. (Still fuming at that) 

Then wells and berge not being replaced when we was under the limit and had wells on 6 plus average and berge on a high 4. If we got rid of both we had like 11+ points to play with. If we did that we would be champions on my view. 

Wolves came at the wrong time for us  (right time for them) that was just unlucky really. 

So lemon needs to learn from his mistakes in loyalty. And I'm sure he will do as missing  out on play offs is a huge disaster for belle vue with our overheads, 

Next year will be interesting. Because while teams will have to dismantle there team we can keep the same 7 riders if we wanted. Not that I would. But I'd possibly keep 6 and swap berge for a 5+ man. 

FRICKE- Great year. Proper no1 for us. Exciting to watch

WORRALL- consistently inconsistent 

BEWLEY-  Ppl say his head and injuries took its toll. I'd say he was just slow this year. Especially at NSS

LIDSEY- Great find. Good at home. Will get better away.

BJERRE - mr consistent, always reliable. Seem to fade off end of meetings a little though towards end of season

BERGE - worst rider to ever grace british league away from NSS. Good at home though. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

1 hour ago, SPD444 said:

And giving up a 16 point lead against Poole didn't help the cause. Very disappointed. I like Mark but he must accept his share of mistakes. Not replacing riders, tactical errors and poor marketing  by the CEO. 

I agree mistakes were made, it's clear wells should of been swapped before his average fell.  But this is the first year in five we haven't made the playoffs so let's see if we can bounce back next season.  We can't afford to make the same mistakes again.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

As superace says, it was small margins. But in a league where there is 7 teams only, small margins have to be thwarted. 

What's annoying is that it's always silly mistakes that cost us, which I suppose makes a change for it to be because of injuries. 

The problems started with losing that 16 point lead. (Still fuming at that) 

Then wells and berge not being replaced when we was under the limit and had wells on 6 plus average and berge on a high 4. If we got rid of both we had like 11+ points to play with. If we did that we would be champions on my view. 

Wolves came at the wrong time for us  (right time for them) that was just unlucky really. 

So lemon needs to learn from his mistakes in loyalty. And I'm sure he will do as missing  out on play offs is a huge disaster for belle vue with our overheads, 

Next year will be interesting. Because while teams will have to dismantle there team we can keep the same 7 riders if we wanted. Not that I would. But I'd possibly keep 6 and swap berge for a 5+ man. 

FRICKE- Great year. Proper no1 for us. Exciting to watch

WORRALL- consistently inconsistent 

BEWLEY-  Ppl say his head and injuries took its toll. I'd say he was just slow this year. Especially at NSS

LIDSEY- Great find. Good at home. Will get better away.

BJERRE - mr consistent, always reliable. Seem to fade off end of meetings a little though towards end of season

BERGE - worst rider to ever grace british league away from NSS. Good at home though. 

Agree with most of this except Bewley being slow at the NSS.He's the quickest rider ever round there lol.I get what you mean though it just didn't happen often enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colin wood said:

Agree with most of this except Bewley being slow at the NSS.He's the quickest rider ever round there lol.I get what you mean though it just didn't happen often enough.

Up until that point he looked slow 

On 9/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Up until that point he looked slow 

I personally thought he looked over cautious, which is understanding concidering the awful injuries he suffered at the tail end of last season.

Dan could be challenging Max for the No 1 berth next season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I personally thought he looked over cautious, which is understanding concidering the awful injuries he suffered at the tail end of last season.

Dan could be challenging Max for the No 1 berth next season.

No way on this earth will dan be challenging for number 1 next year.

Hes miles away.

• Like 2

Small margins in terms of actually qualifying, you could argue we were just unlucky in a couple instances. Wolves home defeat a prime example.

The thing I'm most pissed about is the lack of reaction and change. As phil pointed out, we could have swapped Berge and Wells before their averages changed. Doing so would have removed the margin for running out of luck and would likely have seen us actually challenging to win the thing and not just qualify, because lets be honest, there is no way we were getting the title with that team.

Just qualifying isn't enough. We need to go into the play offs with a real chance of winning and I've never felt that in the previous 5 seasons.

You have to speculate to accumulate and imo 2 changes should have been made when we had the chance.

They didnt react.

• Like 1

Belle Vue 2019 has ended in a bit of a disaster. Started off well. Was always ahead in meetings that had taken place. Loads of obvious mistakes made. Not good enough for us. Hope we win the supporters cup. At least that would be some consolation.

2 hours ago, acef said:

Small margins in terms of actually qualifying, you could argue we were just unlucky in a couple instances. Wolves home defeat a prime example.

The thing I'm most pissed about is the lack of reaction and change. As phil pointed out, we could have swapped Berge and Wells before their averages changed. Doing so would have removed the margin for running out of luck and would likely have seen us actually challenging to win the thing and not just qualify, because lets be honest, there is no way we were getting the title with that team.

Just qualifying isn't enough. We need to go into the play offs with a real chance of winning and I've never felt that in the previous 5 seasons.

You have to speculate to accumulate and imo 2 changes should have been made when we had the chance.

They didnt react.

A core of Fricke, Bewley, Bjerre, Lidsey looks mighty good for 2020 acef plenty of optimism for your fans next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

They didnt react.

Every team has bad luck and good luck over a season “unlucky” is a poor excuse for failure.

We have the best track and stadium in the UK and built what was a good competitive team!!!

Our current league position and missing out of the top 4 play offs has now sadly proved that we have a weak clueless TM and a incompetent dithering management. 

They been in place and failed for 3 years now so imo it’s time to bring in a new TM and management that can promote and take the club forward. But dont hold your breath. 

45 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Every team has bad luck and good luck over a season “unlucky” is a poor excuse for failure.

We have the best track and stadium in the UK and built what was a good competitive team!!!

Our current league position and missing out of the top 4 play offs has now sadly proved that we have a weak clueless TM and a incompetent dithering management. 

They been in place and failed for 3 years now so imo it’s time to bring in a new TM and management that can promote and take the club forward. But dont hold your breath. 

Mark builds bloody good teams. Every year no one can complain when season starts. Hes brilliant at it. But then he just doesnt improve it which you have to do. 

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Mark builds bloody good teams. Every year no one can complain when season starts. Hes brilliant at it. But then he just doesnt improve it which you have to do. 

This season I had high hope. We knew Dan and Steve were a risk and ultimately it proved exactly that way. Our middle order has been terrible all season. 

Wells had to go, as did berge. There was a window and we are just to loyal.

I think next year a shake up is in order. I would keep Max, Jaimon and Dan Bewley. Bjerre if possible, assuming he doesnt go back to Peterborough. Everyone else I'd let go.

52 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sort of agree, but that’s the easy bit. A good TM then has to get the best out of the team and make changes when necessary. Just look at Adams, Roscoe and Middlo they are annoyingly brilliant at that. BV should have the ambition to be winners not failures. Time for a big clear out and that includes lemo.!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

Has Lemo got a very long contract over in Poland?

No one has a very long contract in Poland!

If you fail you are out! That’s business! 

Clearly that doesnt apply in UK.

Consistently fail as lemo and co has done and well give you another go. Strange.

Imo let the colts managers have a go with the aces at least they know what they doing and have been successful.