British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

50 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Fingers crossed both Becker and Lidsey are good, I would have been happy with either. Don't see why it has to be an either/or.

Don’t think it’s a case of either or, at least not from my point of view, my argument is that currently Jamion is slightly ahead of Becker.

I hope luke does well, it’s been a long time since an American came over and did anything of note at the top level. Once Hancock is done there will be nobody to replace the flag he’s been carrying whereas there will be many Aussies

The more I think about it the more I’m inclined to believe that going to Wolves is a poor career choice for Luke.

Edited by acef

55 minutes ago, JCookie said:

I agree Lidsey will do better, however, Becker beat Batchelor on a massive track in one of his first few rides in a world cup. Don't think he'll have any fears of big tracks.

Becker also had a few rides in Poland last season.

I thought he did the whole season?

Nice to see the Colts full of up and coming young riders   That is what the N.L is all about they may not all make it to the top  but they have the chance to 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, acef said:

They have. I don’t disagree.

His ceiling is very high. He will average over 5 imo.

The top flight now has a lot of big tracks. Only Wolves will present a challenge. 

Plus Ipswich 

8 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Plus Ipswich 

Since they widened the bends and put banking in, it rides like a big track. It’s all by the boards at Ipswich now 

5 hours ago, acef said:

Lidsey is unknown, but I’d bet my mortgage he’s one of the stronger reserves in the league. He’s been hyped up and for good reason.

Has he though? 

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Nice to see the Colts full of up and coming young riders   That is what the N.L is all about they may not all make it to the top  but they have the chance to 

But no room for Jack Smith?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Since they widened the bends and put banking in, it rides like a big track. It’s all by the boards at Ipswich now 

If you say so..... Take it you didn't see many meetings there this year? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, acef said:

The 265 m white line is still a good option if you have the technical ability to use it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

If you say so..... Take it you didn't see many meetings there this year? 

Non at all. But then I don’t need to. Social media has a presence these days. 

Besides, I’m at the NSS every week. Say no more

5 hours ago, speedy bill said:

And only two Britts in team 

Seven actually. Keep up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve0 said:

But no room for Jack Smith?

That's the stupid points limit rather than Belle Vue. It is entirely probable that a lot of the high averaging young riders will be forced out of the NL.

Had it been the same as last year, they could have Smith rather than Phillips (Smith is younger, less experienced and is deeply connected with Belle Vue). 

Decent Aces side and a most attractive Colts one. Monday night racing is not for me, though.

14 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Lidsey over Becker every day of the week. Becker will struggle on the big tracks like Peterborough whilst Lidsey would enjoy them.

His year at Rezszow obviously hasn't worked riding big tracks and he did OK passing Batchelor at Leszno in the SWC

• Like 1