British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

2 hours ago, lastword said:

You just don't get it do you?

Andy rode for Aces from 1982-1900, 1998-2001 and 2005.

Andy and his missus gave birth to Jack.  (And those of us who stood on the home straight at Kirky Lane will remember a scruffy young kid running up and down supporting his Dad). That was Jack.

Move on a few years and look at a table in the main stand at the NSS on nights when Jack was riding for the Colts. His mother and many other family members always there to support Jack.

And in the pits his father Andy acting as mechanic/manager.

Like I said.............you just don't get it do you?

hello lastword

You are wasting your time trying to have an intelligent conversation with Wee Eck

Just remove him from your web site and you will no longer see his drivel

1 hour ago, KIRKYLANE said:

hello lastword

You are wasting your time trying to have an intelligent conversation with Wee Eck

Just remove him from your web site and you will no longer see his drivel

Am I not entitled to an opinion? I have stated mine, and, even if it doesn’t concur with yours, it is surely valid. 

I was a huge Andy Smith fan from the 1980s and was gutted when he went elsewhere towards the end of that decade. It was great when he return to BV around the end of the millennium but I thought it was a step too far when he raced at Kirky Lane in 2005. 

But this isn’t about Andy, it’s about Jack. Andy rode for one British team from when he was 18 until he was 24. Jack is 20 tomorrow and has already ridden for at least 6 teams. To me, the “connection” was broken when Andy arranged for Glasgow rather than BV to buy Jack’s registration from Birmingham. 

But, as I said, that’s just my opinion. It may be, indeed, probably is, different to that of others, but that doesn’t automatically make it drivel. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

Look, never mind all that (and don't even think about mentioning the three full seasons he has already ridden for Belle Vue) you've been told already, "that's the wrong answer"! 

There is obviously no connection at all because he was born in Stoke and Nigel Boocock didn't ride for Halifax.

Stop bringing up 'wrong answers'.

There are no wrong answers, only opinions. 

I make my point, others make theirs. If I don’t agree, surely I’m allowed to argue my case, I’m the same ways others can argue against me. 

I’d never call someone else’s opinion “drivel”. That’s not only uncalled for, but just rude. Of course, that also is only an opinion :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Am I not entitled to an opinion? I have stated mine, and, even if it doesn’t concur with yours, it is surely valid. 

I was a huge Andy Smith fan from the 1980s and was gutted when he went elsewhere towards the end of that decade. It was great when he return to BV around the end of the millennium but I thought it was a step too far when he raced at Kirky Lane in 2005. 

But this isn’t about Andy, it’s about Jack. Andy rode for one British team from when he was 18 until he was 24. Jack is 20 tomorrow and has already ridden for at least 6 teams. To me, the “connection” was broken when Andy arranged for Glasgow rather than BV to buy Jack’s registration from Birmingham. 

But, as I said, that’s just my opinion. It may be, indeed, probably is, different to that of others, but that doesn’t automatically make it drivel. 

Well it does because it very much is ‘drivel’. 

Aside from everything that has already been mentioned, things you see as ‘indirect’, well here is something a little more concrete to help you along. 

3 full seasons riding for bv in some capacity. Hope this helps.

34 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

There are no wrong answers, only opinions. 

I make my point, others make theirs. If I don’t agree, surely I’m allowed to argue my case, I’m the same ways others can argue against me. 

I’d never call someone else’s opinion “drivel”. That’s not only uncalled for, but just rude. Of course, that also is only an opinion :)

Absolutely spot on .

This is a forum, its a platform to share / debate YOUR opinions on Speedway in general or ( in this case )  BV

The only people speaking 'drivel' are  those who opt to ridicule your opinions instead of indulging in serious debate , 

My opinion , for what its worth is ... Jack Smith does have a connection to the Aces , albeit a tenuous one ... ie his father rode for us in the 80s

Edited by WestGorton1884

45 minutes ago, acef said:

Well it does because it very much is ‘drivel’. 

Aside from everything that has already been mentioned, things you see as ‘indirect’, well here is something a little more concrete to help you along. 

3 full seasons riding for bv in some capacity. Hope this helps.

2 full seasons surely?

i thought he rode for Birmingham in 2016?

I hope you’re not talking drivel :)

5 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

2 full seasons surely?

i thought he rode for Birmingham in 2016?

I hope you’re not talking drivel :)

2 seasons/3 seasons. Does it really matter?

My point was to emphasise his direct connection and racing for the club most certainly provides one!

What’s people’s opinions when matching up the Aces team rider for rider against those teams already announced or those where we have a good indication of their probable line ups?

I think we hold up well with the only question marks being our two riders returning after bad smashes last year and whether our new wonderkid is just that. 

I think we’ll make the play offs at least. 

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

What’s people’s opinions when matching up the Aces team rider for rider against those teams already announced or those where we have a good indication of their probable line ups?

I think we hold up well with the only question marks being our two riders returning after bad smashes last year and whether our new wonderkid is just that. 

I think we’ll make the play offs at least. 

Steve I think will be fine. I thought he came back too early last season but that will likely help him going into this one.

Dan is a risk. A big risk.

Lidsey is unknown but certainly not a risk on 4 points. He will easily increase that from reserve. I’ve seen enough of him to believe that he will be in the main body at the first set of averages, allowing Dan to drop down. I can see that happening.

I think it’s the strongest team announced so far and I say that with no bias at all. 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, acef said:

Steve I think will be fine. I thought he came back too early last season but that will likely help him going into this one.

Lidsey is unknown but certainly not a risk on 4 points. He will easily increase that from reserve. I’ve seen enough of him to believe that he will be in the main body at the first set of averages, allowing Dan to drop down. I can see that happening.

I think it’s the strongest team announced so far and I say that with no bias at all. 

:rofl:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, acef said:

GOOD story on Bewley's efforts to get fit in SS this week

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GOOD story on Bewley's efforts to get fit in SS this week

It’s not his fitness that concerns me Phil. He’s young and his body will have recovered by the time the season begins. Hes also part metal so I guess you could argue his body will be stronger still.

For such a young lad he’s already took some knocks and that head injury up at Newcastle hurt his form for a good half season. Tbf he bounced back, was really aggressive last season and was looking like the rider we know he can become. Then he takes a massive hit and that will be mentally difficult to recover from.

If he beats that, then bv are going to have a very very good season. He’s easily, and I mean really easily, a 3rd HL in this league. 

I would go so far as saying that BVs entire season is going to hinge on how dan reacts this season.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:25 PM, acef said:

It’s not his fitness that concerns me Phil. He’s young and his body will have recovered by the time the season begins. Hes also part metal so I guess you could argue his body will be stronger still.

For such a young lad he’s already took some knocks and that head injury up at Newcastle hurt his form for a good half season. Tbf he bounced back, was really aggressive last season and was looking like the rider we know he can become. Then he takes a massive hit and that will be mentally difficult to recover from.

If he beats that, then bv are going to have a very very good season. He’s easily, and I mean really easily, a 3rd HL in this league. 

I would go so far as saying that BVs entire season is going to hinge on how dan reacts this season.

I don't know about who's fault it was at Glasgow, but up at Worky it was not any fault of Dan's, was it a racing incident ? either way I'm pretty confident that Dan knows how good he is and will only need a couple of Meeting to get back into his stride.