British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

Just now, hyabb17 said:

Genuine question - Is the money there to make such a change? NKI & KK won't be cheap if they do fancy extra meetings (I'm sure I've read NKI doesn't).

No. NKI doesn't want the extra meetings. But he is struggling everywhere so could be tempted now. 

Regarding money probably not. Just wishful thinking tbh. 

Personally dont think we will make any signings otherwise we would have done it weeks ago 

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

No. NKI doesn't want the extra meetings. But he is struggling everywhere so could be tempted now. 

Regarding money probably not. Just wishful thinking tbh. 

Personally dont think we will make any signings otherwise we would have done it weeks ago 

An honest assessment which is appreciated. I must admit I did expect your reserves to outscore ours last night. On paper Wells should be mopping up.

Ignore NKI. Average to high anyway lol

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

An honest assessment which is appreciated. I must admit I did expect your reserves to outscore ours last night. On paper Wells should be mopping up.

Think everyone though that  I really though wells was a great signing. And when he went reserve I though even better but hes just struggled. Gutted for him personally. Hes a better rider than hes showing. That is for sure. But how long can we wait to see if he can sort his form out. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Think everyone though that  I really though wells was a great signing. And when he went reserve I though even better but hes just struggled. Gutted for him personally. Hes a better rider than hes showing. That is for sure. But how long can we wait to see if he can sort his form out. 

Think he might be a lost cause Phil. I know we have improved at reserve but riding against us has been the chance for these decent reserves to bang in big scores and most have. The fact Wells only got 1 is worrying.

Bellego? He needed dropping by us as he just couldn’t get to grips with Foxhall and that hit his confidence. Definitely the right decision despite what the Swindon mob claim. 

But, he’ll find Belle Vue much more to his liking, get his confidence back up and he’d prove a very good signing I’ve no doubt. 

• Like 1

I was going to say Bellego. The issue there is it wouldn't solve the away conundrum. Saying that, you could bring in KK and that offers no guarantee of it either! 

I think the reality is that it will be uk based riders who are unattached. 

What about Bellego and Proctor (when Lynn release him) does that fit?

Bellego flies round the NSS so that would give us a nice big lead in the home leg of a play off.

58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Bellego? He needed dropping by us as he just couldn’t get to grips with Foxhall and that hit his confidence. Definitely the right decision despite what the Swindon mob claim. 

But, he’ll find Belle Vue much more to his liking, get his confidence back up and he’d prove a very good signing I’ve no doubt. 

16 minutes ago, acef said:

I was going to say Bellego. The issue there is it wouldn't solve the away conundrum. Saying that, you could bring in KK and that offers no guarantee of it either! 

I think the reality is that it will be uk based riders who are unattached. 

What about Bellego and Proctor (when Lynn release him) does that fit?

Bellego flies round the NSS so that would give us a nice big lead in the home leg of a play off.

I think Bellego will be Swindon's 28 day replacement for Musielak.

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Bugger!

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

I doubt he would pass up the opportunity of a permanent place if offered for a 28 day injury replacement. You would think that promoters are already weighing up their options and speaking to the riders they may be interested in. Bellego is certainly good value at th NSS.

I've a feeling that if you release Ricky, Wolves will replace Ashley Morris with him rather quickly.

Its horses for courses and I'm sure Ricky would go well under a different set of circumstances.

BV are really frustrating in the way they just hang onto poor performers.

And then doubly they dont act at the right time. For instance, Ryan Douglas is hot right now and will fly round the NSS. I would imagine a door opened when Bellego became available, a rider who goes really well at BV. Rasmus Jensen was unemployed in the top league. The list goes on and on.

We are to loyal to riders who are not delivering and then invariably if we do a make a change, its either to late or the wrong one.

Edited by acef

2 hours ago, acef said:

Its horses for courses and I'm sure Ricky would go well under a different set of circumstances.

BV are really frustrating in the way they just hang onto poor performers.

And then doubly they dont act at the right time. For instance, Ryan Douglas is hot right now and will fly round the NSS. I would imagine a door opened when Bellego became available, a rider who goes really well at BV. Rasmus Jensen was unemployed in the top league. The list goes on and on.

We are to loyal to riders who are not delivering and then invariably if we do a make a change, its either to late or the wrong one.

I agree acef. Im not a fan of lemon, I think he’s a poor manager who’s living on borrowed time. He is slow to act and make changes and he makes some very basic mistakes but to be fair he’s not running the show. He’s the junior at BV as Smith calls all the shots as it’s all about money and his ego. Smith knows nothing about promoting speedway and actually nothing about running a business and thats why there’s a big problem at BV and why they are losing a massive amount of cash each season even though BV has the best track and stadium in the country! The way things are at BV and the sorry state of british speedway,  I really fear for the clubs future.

Glad to see Ricky turn a corner so to speak, aside from the collective poor show at Swindon Ricky has averaged near 7 points a meeting in the last month. Dan and Steve are getting better by the day and with Kenneth and Max we have a great top two. I’m still optimistic that as we near October we’ll be hitting form. 

49 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I agree acef. Im not a fan of lemon, I think he’s a poor manager who’s living on borrowed time. He is slow to act and make changes and he makes some very basic mistakes but to be fair he’s not running the show. He’s the junior at BV as Smith calls all the shots as it’s all about money and his ego. Smith knows nothing about promoting speedway and actually nothing about running a business and thats why there’s a big problem at BV and why they are losing a massive amount of cash each season even though BV has the best track and stadium in the country! The way things are at BV and the sorry state of british speedway,  I really fear for the clubs future.

You do crack me up with ur bile 

• Thanks 1