British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THE DEAN MACHINE

Blair Scott on Jeremy Kyle

Sad to see ex Edinburgh rider Blair Scott on Jeremy Kyle this morning, he was the same era as me and I had many good races with him, life has obviously gone badly off the rails for him with drugs. Sad :(

I remember Blair riding at Linlithgow and in demo races at Powderhall when he was 14 and he looked like he was going to be a real good 'un. Sorry to hear how things panned out for him.

4 hours ago, daveallan81 said:

I remember Blair riding at Linlithgow and in demo races at Powderhall when he was 14 and he looked like he was going to be a real good 'un. Sorry to hear how things panned out for him.

Did he not come through at the same time as Barry Campbell ? David.

51 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Did he not come through at the same time as Barry Campbell ? David.

Yes, I'm sure they used to do demo match-races against each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went and watched this on catch up after seeing this topic. I remember Blair riding. I genuinely hope he does succeed but I’ll save my sympathy just now for his family. His dad especially. He came across as a lovely man who was broken by what Blair has become. He was given all the advantages in life from what was said on the programme. I just hope he (Blair) will be able to see soon just what he has away from drugs and that it’s enough to make him overcome his demons

• Like 3

Good luck Blair and the rest of the family. Tragic story and hope everything works out for them all.

Just because he was a Speedway rider, why all this sympathy nonsense for this scumbag?

He made the choice to go down that path and his poor parents now have to face retirement over £40k down from their hard earned.

The other family members are the ones that deserve the sympathy and best wishes. 

Yes, hopefully Blair can come out the other side, but at the end of the day he'll still be a scumbag I have no time for, for making those choices in life. 

Addiction is a choice, everyone knows what will get you hooked. Drugs, gambling, smoking, drinking etc, they are choices, I have no sympathy for these people. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just because he was a Speedway rider, why all this sympathy nonsense for this scumbag?

He made the choice to go down that path and his poor parents now have to face retirement over £40k down from their hard earned.

The other family members are the ones that deserve the sympathy and best wishes. 

Yes, hopefully Blair can come out the other side, but at the end of the day he'll still be a scumbag I have no time for, for making those choices in life. 

Addiction is a choice, everyone knows what will get you hooked. Drugs, gambling, smoking, drinking etc, they are choices, I have no sympathy for these people. 

You sound nice. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Addiction is a choice

I think you don't understand what addiction means if that is what you believe.

Perhaps it is theoretically possible to live a life without doing anything which is potentially addictive, but it would be a pretty boring life...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

I think you don't understand what addiction means if that is what you believe.

Perhaps it is theoretically possible to live a life without doing anything which is potentially addictive, but it would be a pretty boring life...

Every man and his dog knows heroin is addictive. To take that first shot is your choice. You make that choice to be an heroin addict. Nobody who takes that $#!+ deserves sympathy, especially ripping your own parent off for £40k plus.

I don't consider my life as boring and I done drink, smoke, do drugs or gamble. Even with all the health issues I'm currently dealing with, unable to work for 2 years so far, I will not go down that route of taking up things that become addictive. 

I don't expect people to feel sorry for me so I have no time for someone who's an addict. All addicts are scumbags and have no thought for others.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't consider my life as boring and I done drink, smoke, do drugs or gamble. Even with all the health issues I'm currently dealing with, unable to work for 2 years so far, I will not go down that route of taking up things that become addictive. 

Posting on here can be classed as an addiction

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Every man and his dog knows heroin is addictive. To take that first shot is your choice. You make that choice to be an heroin addict. Nobody who takes that $#!+ deserves sympathy, especially ripping your own parent off for £40k plus.

I don't expect people to feel sorry for me so I have no time for someone who's an addict. All addicts are scumbags and have no thought for others.

Fair play, never having smoked or drunk or gambled.

But i have a different perspective. I've known alcoholics who are lovely people. People with gambling addictions. I wouldn't class them as scumbags, given that I happen to like a drink but am lucky enough to be able to choose when I drink. 

I know a number of people who were incredibly nice until they got hooked on Crystal meth - yes obviously not a smart thing to take, but the scumbags to me are those who sell that crsp not the addicts. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Fair play, never having smoked or drunk or gambled.

But i have a different perspective. I've known alcoholics who are lovely people. People with gambling addictions. I wouldn't class them as scumbags, given that I happen to like a drink but am lucky enough to be able to choose when I drink. 

I know a number of people who were incredibly nice until they got hooked on Crystal meth - yes obviously not a smart thing to take, but the scumbags to me are those who sell that crsp not the addicts. 

Those that sell I totally agree with. What I don't understand though, is family members usually know who the dealers are. Why these attempted murderers are never reported. First thing I'd do, and I do do it anyway is report any suspected drug dealers in my area. I don't fear the consequences.

I thought I'd watch this on catch-up after seeing this here. Good luck to Blair. I hope he gets himself sorted out in the rehab that they sent him to. I wonder if this is one of those cases of someone involved in sport desperate to regain the adrenaline rush that they have lost after finishing their careers.

I felt very sad for him watching this. He wasn't your typical "Jeremy Kyle" type guest who comes on screaming and shouting, and his family were clearly a bit embarrassed to have to resort to putting him on the show. He looked emotional throughout and seemed to genuinely want help. No way did he come across as a "scum bag".

I think he is lucky in that his family clearly care about him. I hope they do some sort of catch-up programme in the future and he is doing well.

• Like 8