British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

BSF Awards - Premiership

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lambert has already said he hates our track so you in for a long wait!

To much oil chucked on it :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robert Lambert / Dan Bewley 

Kings Lynn

Robert Lambert 

Dan Bewley 

Robert Lambert 

Belle Vue v Somerset 

Poole 

Swindon 

Steve Worrall 

Frederick Jacobsen

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Record books will still show us as champions, we will take it.. Bottom of the league in July and end up as champions. No mean feat that, but im sure you will find an excuse to knock it..

Yes you were bottom and so were Kings Lynn

You made some good changes mainly Klindt and won the league.

The record books show you won it, but you were lucky the other team had injuries and there is no way Morris should have been allowed to ride at Lynn

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You  never disappoint!!:D

So because i say Kings Lynn were team of the season (along with the majority) you have an issue with that?

Rank outsiders...to topping the league....would have won the play offs if it wasnt for injuries and the farce of Morris riding. (and yes i know Lynn agreed bu the top brass should have put a stop to it simple as there is now a precedent been set)

Not Pooles fault they can only beat whats in front of them but they were lucky winners this season

But i forgot in a poll i must include only Poole...............

Just had a quick tally up

KINGS LYNN 10 VOTES (including 2 Poole fans who know the score)

SOMERSET 4 VOTES

POOLE 4 VOTES (Shovlar , Starman and yourself were 3 of these, possibly the 3 most blinkered people here and the other said it was because Poole cheated)

Poole didnt cheat........................they got lucky and yes i will feel Kings Lynn got robbed through injuries and the stupidity (and yes Lynn at fault) of allowing Morris to ride

Kind of says something when the whole forum doesnt believe that the team of the season is the one who won the league.

Perhaps if you had come from bottom.....raced other fully fit teams.......didnt get a rule changed...........and won it it then you would be given credit

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

For the umpteenth time - it wasn't Poole that got any rule changed!!  Kings Lynn proposed it,; the SCB/BSPA approved it and Poole went along with it.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Yes you were bottom and so were Kings Lynn

You made some good changes mainly Klindt and won the league.

The record books show you won it, but you were lucky the other team had injuries and there is no way Morris should have been allowed to ride at Lynn

So because i say Kings Lynn were team of the season (along with the majority) you have an issue with that?

Rank outsiders...to topping the league....would have won the play offs if it wasnt for injuries and the farce of Morris riding. (and yes i know Lynn agreed bu the top brass should have put a stop to it simple as there is now a precedent been set)

Not Pooles fault they can only beat whats in front of them but they were lucky winners this season

But i forgot in a poll i must include only Poole...............

Just had a quick tally up

KINGS LYNN 10 VOTES (including 2 Poole fans who know the score)

SOMERSET 4 VOTES

POOLE 4 VOTES (Shovlar , Starman and yourself were 3 of these, possibly the 3 most blinkered people here and the other said it was because Poole cheated)

Poole didnt cheat........................they got lucky and yes i will feel Kings Lynn got robbed through injuries and the stupidity (and yes Lynn at fault) of allowing Morris to ride

Kind of says something when the whole forum doesnt believe that the team of the season is the one who won the league.

Perhaps if you had come from bottom.....raced other fully fit teams.......didnt get a rule changed...........and won it it then you would be given credit

Gavan get off our case will you.  Jeez you are the most Jealous person on this forum for the want of a better word. Now if you dont like the fact that we won the league dont comment or better still dont come on here.. In short, get lost.

15 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Gavan get off our case will you.  Jeez you are the most Jealous person on this forum for the want of a better word. Now if you dont like the fact that we won the league dont comment or better still dont come on here.. In short, get lost.

Lol.....do you understand what jealousy actually means....or is this a standard line when you cant actually debate anything!

because i have the same opinion as the vast majority of all speedway fans.

Poole were lucky this season and a rule was overturned that never should have been

Those are the facts .......shame you have trouble accepting them

Poole won the league but were extremely lucky that Somerset and Kings Lynn had injuries and that they could use Morris

Isnt it funny that only you , Shovlar and Lisa cant see what anyone else does...........the 3 most blinkered fans on here

Edited by Gavan

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

For the umpteenth time - it wasn't Poole that got any rule changed!!  Kings Lynn proposed it,; the SCB/BSPA approved it and Poole went along with it.

Irrelevent

And i have never said Poole cheated and i never said Kings Lynn werent blameless

The fact is the people that run the sport should never have allowed it....end of

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes, I do love how he thinks Poole came up with the idea! Lol. We were all set to use Ellis until KL wanted different.. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Isnt it funny that only you , Shovlar and Lisa cant see what anyone else does...........the 3 most blinkered fans on here

Hahahahaha. As I said earlier you never disappoint! :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lol.....do you understand what jealousy actually means....or is this a standard line when you cant actually debate anything!

because i have the same opinion as the vast majority of all speedway fans.

Poole were lucky this season and a rule was overturned that never should have been

Those are the facts .......shame you have trouble accepting them

Poole won the league but were extremely lucky that Somerset and Kings Lynn had injuries and that they could use Morris

Gavan, go away and yes i do know what Jealousy is and means, and its you all over get lost.

• Like 1

Image result for blue tinted glasses

Gavan.. Try these bad boys on :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Irrelevent

And i have never said Poole cheated and i never said Kings Lynn werent blameless

The fact is the people that run the sport should never have allowed it....end of

Your first word sums up the majority of your posts which are either directly about Poole, indirectly about Poole or simply inferring Poole!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Your first word sums up the majority of your posts which are either directly about Poole, indirectly about Poole or simply inferring Poole!!!

Whatever you think about Gavan, he does supply some sensible debate and yes of course has a habit of winding some Poole Supporters up. Personally I smile about it and just try and concentrate on some of the positive comments/observations he makes about riders/clubs. The guy does plenty of background checking on stats etc to make many of his informed comments.

Personally and as a Poole Supporter I think a combination of final choice of riders in the second half of the season - a good chunk of good fortune and the fact the Speedway Gods shone brightly for Poole and a huge slice of bad luck and injuries to KL/Somerset  riders paid a big part in the ultimate outcome of the title going to Poole. What IF Holder Jr had not been injured with Kurtz who was not on top of his game (for Poole anyway) - That incredible ride from Harris to take Doyle from the back - The Jakobsen - MPT incident - MPT unlucky injury. NKI's late injury. The Morris/Ellis debate.

You can slice and dice it whichever way you want but ultimately - second half of the season rider choice by Poole - injuries and good/bad fortune all paid their part in how things panned out. For sure I doubt if Poole would get away with that again after this season but who knows.

I remember 2011 when Poole murdered the League and were so many points clear it was unreal. A combination of poor weather (which Poole could not handle and Coventry did) and not so great performances in the final meant Coventry were champions even though Poole were miles ahead on points in the League.

Ultimately you will take any luck/good fortune thrown your way when you know your team is not the best in the actual League. The history only remembers who won the title and not who lost it. That is just the way history is and no different even in Football Finals.

Now when do we find out who will and will not be racing in 2019 (Teams wise). Didnt they need to advise on first day of the BSPA AGM if they are racing or not in order to be allowed to attend days 2/3 for the real important stuff ??

Also does anyone know if Matt Ford has found a co promoter or 2019 Main Club Sponsor yet ??