British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

BSF Awards - Premiership

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Hahahahaha. As I said earlier you never disappoint! :D 

Neither do the 3 of you its very comical

17 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Gavan, go away and yes i do know what Jealousy is and means, and its you all over get lost.

oops touched a nerve.this was an opinion poll and silly me for not saying Poole were the team of the season (along with all other speedway fans) but the 3 of you are gospel on here lol

16 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Image result for blue tinted glasses

Gavan.. Try these bad boys on :P

lol the 3 stooges clearly have them on

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Your first word sums up the majority of your posts which are either directly about Poole, indirectly about Poole or simply inferring Poole!!!

yes silly me for having the same opinion as pretty much everyone else

15 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whatever you think about Gavan, he does supply some sensible debate and yes of course has a habit of winding some Poole Supporters up. Personally I smile about it and just try and concentrate on some of the positive comments/observations he makes about riders/clubs. The guy does plenty of background checking on stats etc to make many of his informed comments.

Personally and as a Poole Supporter I think a combination of final choice of riders in the second half of the season - a good chunk of good fortune and the fact the Speedway Gods shone brightly for Poole and a huge slice of bad luck and injuries to KL/Somerset  riders paid a big part in the ultimate outcome of the title going to Poole. What IF Holder Jr had not been injured with Kurtz who was not on top of his game (for Poole anyway) - That incredible ride from Harris to take Doyle from the back - The Jakobsen - MPT incident - MPT unlucky injury. NKI's late injury. The Morris/Ellis debate.

You can slice and dice it whichever way you want but ultimately - second half of the season rider choice by Poole - injuries and good/bad fortune all paid their part in how things panned out. For sure I doubt if Poole would get away with that again after this season but who knows.

I remember 2011 when Poole murdered the League and were so many points clear it was unreal. A combination of poor weather (which Poole could not handle and Coventry did) and not so great performances in the final meant Coventry were champions even though Poole were miles ahead on points in the League.

Ultimately you will take any luck/good fortune thrown your way when you know your team is not the best in the actual League. The history only remembers who won the title and not who lost it. That is just the way history is and no different even in Football Finals.

Now when do we find out who will and will not be racing in 2019 (Teams wise). Didnt they need to advise on first day of the BSPA AGM if they are racing or not in order to be allowed to attend days 2/3 for the real important stuff ??

Also does anyone know if Matt Ford has found a co promoter or 2019 Main Club Sponsor yet ??

thanks for that

my opinion is that Poole would not have won the league if firstly Somerset and then Kings Lynn didnt get the injuries they did.

however it appears that i cant have that opinion.

we have 3 Poole fans on here who cant read or simply debate any point without being told im jealous or sour grapes.....a tad pathetic and childish but expected.

I have said in many posts that Poole can only beat whats in front of them and they did , but to say they werent lucky is a very blinkered view.

i have also said that the situation regarding Morris was badly wrong and awful for the sport.....................but i never blamed Poole , in fact i blamed Kings Lynn, but thats something that the usual 3 just gloss over because its far easier to have a dig at me rather than actually read the posts. Morris should never been allowed to ride in the second leg.

Hell ive even had the same 3 say Jacobsen wasnt at fault in the MPT incident

Poole fans say they were robbed of injuries the season Hans hurt his hand...........yet this season the same 3 cant acknowledge the other teams injuries........blue tints and biased im afraid

(Now to wait to be told.........im jealous..........sour grapes.........or to go away lol)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Whatever you think about Gavan, he does supply some sensible debate and yes of course has a habit of winding some Poole Supporters up. Personally I smile about it and just try and concentrate on some of the positive comments/observations he makes about riders/clubs. The guy does plenty of background checking on stats etc to make many of his informed comments.

Personally and as a Poole Supporter I think a combination of final choice of riders in the second half of the season - a good chunk of good fortune and the fact the Speedway Gods shone brightly for Poole and a huge slice of bad luck and injuries to KL/Somerset  riders paid a big part in the ultimate outcome of the title going to Poole. What IF Holder Jr had not been injured with Kurtz who was not on top of his game (for Poole anyway) - That incredible ride from Harris to take Doyle from the back - The Jakobsen - MPT incident - MPT unlucky injury. NKI's late injury. The Morris/Ellis debate.

You can slice and dice it whichever way you want but ultimately - second half of the season rider choice by Poole - injuries and good/bad fortune all paid their part in how things panned out. For sure I doubt if Poole would get away with that again after this season but who knows.

I remember 2011 when Poole murdered the League and were so many points clear it was unreal. A combination of poor weather (which Poole could not handle and Coventry did) and not so great performances in the final meant Coventry were champions even though Poole were miles ahead on points in the League.

Ultimately you will take any luck/good fortune thrown your way when you know your team is not the best in the actual League. The history only remembers who won the title and not who lost it. That is just the way history is and no different even in Football Finals.

Now when do we find out who will and will not be racing in 2019 (Teams wise). Didnt they need to advise on first day of the BSPA AGM if they are racing or not in order to be allowed to attend days 2/3 for the real important stuff ??

Also does anyone know if Matt Ford has found a co promoter or 2019 Main Club Sponsor yet ??

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in Gavan's case its just so repetitive. He seemingly can't help himself whenever it has anything remotely to do with Poole!!

Yes he checks the stats, results, scores, performances - in fact anything that shows Poole in a poor light or Poole's opponents in a better light.

Its just so transparent. I understand not everyone has a degree in psychology but its so obvious even to the layperson.;)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Neither do the 3 of you its very comical

oops touched a nerve.this was an opinion poll and silly me for not saying Poole were the team of the season (along with all other speedway fans) but the 3 of you are gospel on here lol

lol the 3 stooges clearly have them on

yes silly me for having the same opinion as pretty much everyone else

thanks for that

my opinion is that Poole would not have won the league if firstly Somerset and then Kings Lynn didnt get the injuries they did.

however it appears that i cant have that opinion.

we have 3 Poole fans on here who cant read or simply debate any point without being told im jealous or sour grapes.....a tad pathetic and childish but expected.

I have said in many posts that Poole can only beat whats in front of them and they did , but to say they werent lucky is a very blinkered view.

i have also said that the situation regarding Morris was badly wrong and awful for the sport.....................but i never blamed Poole , in fact i blamed Kings Lynn, but thats something that the usual 3 just gloss over because its far easier to have a dig at me rather than actually read the posts. Morris should never been allowed to ride in the second leg.

Hell ive even had the same 3 say Jacobsen wasnt at fault in the MPT incident

Poole fans say they were robbed of injuries the season Hans hurt his hand...........yet this season the same 3 cant acknowledge the other teams injuries........blue tints and biased im afraid

(Now to wait to be told.........im jealous..........sour grapes.........or to go away lol)

No Gavan you said Poole suggested that they use Morris and KL agreed to it, when it was the over way round. Shame you can't accept that fact really. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No Gavan you said Poole suggested that they use Morris and KL agreed to it, when it was the over way round. Shame you can't accept that fact really. 

Leave him alone Lisa, he will never get over us winning the league, again... Chomp chomp chomp

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope i said Kings Lynn were at fault......never blamed Poole but hey that doesnt suit your agenda bless you.

I dont care who suggested what or who decided what.......the fact remains it should not have been allowed to happen. It made the sport a joke ...a rider isnt allowed to ride but for one night only in the biggest league meeting of the season we will allow it..............absolute joke.....and yes i would have said the same for any other team but i guess that doesnt suit either

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nope i said Kings Lynn were at fault......never blamed Poole but hey that doesnt suit your agenda bless you.

I dont care who suggested what or who decided what.......the fact remains it should not have been allowed to happen. It made the sport a joke ...a rider isnt allowed to ride but for one night only in the biggest league meeting of the season we will allow it..............absolute joke.....and yes i would have said the same for any other team but i guess that doesnt suit either

You would say the same for any other team. I very much doubt you would. But hey, lets not get in the way of a Poole bashing.. Result stands, we are still league champions.

This is meant to be a thread for VOTING on the awards

If any insist on dragging out the pointless prattle take it back to the meeting thread please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Leave him alone Lisa, he will never get over us winning the league, again... Chomp chomp chomp

Thats it ......sour grapes.....

Maybe if you can admit Poole got lucky just for once then maybe you will get better respect on here

15 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You would say the same for any other team. I very much doubt you would. But hey, lets not get in the way of a Poole bashing.. Result stands, we are still league champions.

So it Poole bashing to say that other teams had injuries?

Its Poole bashing to say Kings Lynn were at fault in letting Morris ride?

You seem to be a little bit besotted with me its a tad weird

I think Im gonna chuck myself down the stairs again - that was more fun! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:35 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think Im gonna chuck myself down the stairs again - that was more fun! :rolleyes:

well the sound it will make, apparently, is 'chomp chomp chomp'

• Haha 1