British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Anyone remember Dalle Andersen?

Dalle showed massive potential when he rode for 'The Cheetahs' in 1995 and had a style reminiscent of Per Jonsson. Made the mistake joining the Cradley/Stoke promotion (who owned his contract apparently) in my opinion in 1996 and was never the same rider. He turned out at Edinburgh some years later in the Premier League but the star that had shone bright when at Cowley had dimmed and he eventually disappeared from the British scene. If I recall he did suffer with a back injury that slowed his progress but I'm convinced that if he had remained at Cowley he would have potentially become a very big star.

• Like 1

Spoke briefly with him at Cardiff this year, having a meal with @Zetters

Looked a great prospect when he first came over, fantastic style.

• Like 1

He was the team manager at Kumla until two years ago. He is now busy with his son, who looks a good prospect on the junior speedway scene in Sweden.

He still has problems with his back/ neck, which was the reason he quit riding.

Edited by MARK246
Additional information
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Knew him quite well during his riding days over here- seem to remember he was a  very funny guy.He team managed Indianerna(Kumla) for a while in recent years.

Some photo`s https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dalle+andersson&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9-PHBp7DeAhVdGsAKHWReCi4QsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1

He still has his sense of humour lol

Didn't he debut over here the same year as Hans N Andersen before he lost his N

6 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Dalle showed massive potential when he rode for 'The Cheetahs' in 1995 and had a style reminiscent of Per Jonsson. Made the mistake joining the Cradley/Stoke promotion (who owned his contract apparently) in my opinion in 1996 and was never the same rider. He turned out at Edinburgh some years later in the Premier League but the star that had shone bright when at Cowley had dimmed and he eventually disappeared from the British scene. If I recall he did suffer with a back injury that slowed his progress but I'm convinced that if he had remained at Cowley he would have potentially become a very big star.

He was second in the World Under 21 final in 1995, falling in the run off with Jason Crump. So he had the talent and potential, sadly it never happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

Remember him well. One of the fastest riders around the Crowley track!

Yes I remember well how he used to be able to manouvre his bike at incredible angles to achieve the desired drive! Shame that his massive potential wasn't realised.

• Like 1

I remember him, came to Hull with Oxford in 1995 and maybe also in 1996 with the Cradley/Stoke venture, a tall-ish rider with a fairly upright style, bit like Per Jonsson as mentioned.  Seem to recall he was highly rated but had some kind of accident and was never the same afterwards.  Bit of a sense of humour too, unless I'm mistaking him for someone else....

• Like 1

Vulnerability to shoulder and neck injuries is sadly the undoing of many of the more tall and slender riders whether earlier or later on in their riding careers. Being more box-shaped seems to be more advantageous, in the long run.

• Like 2