British Speedway Forum

The thing with both town and the reds their run by "boards" indeed town just have a new chairman will these people be held to account to a 50 yr lease the boards could change with people saying i didnt sign anything  nowt to do with me guv.

• Like 1

Surely if the lease is signed by a limited company then that company goes bust, the council would have no comeback?

So all any club has to do to commit to a 50 year lease is become a limited company. 

9 minutes ago, cometbaz said:

Surely if the lease is signed by a limited company then that company goes bust, the council would have no comeback?

So all any club has to do to commit to a 50 year lease is become a limited company. 

Except the lease may require cross guarantees to a holding company or personal guarantees from Directors, we're talking Laura here and whilst she has had cash flow problems she always gets settled up. She would have her whole future to lose if it went wrong but it is unlikely her trustees will allow that sort of commitment and she doesn't shirk her responsibilities.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gismo said:

I don't know about Town asking for any volunteers, however, it would not surprise me if the new stadium plans are just that. With the news that Toshiba are pulling out of the proposed Moorside build, it would not surprise me if the new stadium plans get shelved to.

Never thought of that....but you make a very interesting point....time will tell.

Yeh good news, 38 points a big drop from what it was. Thought it would have been 6 man teams, glad it’s not. 

The likes of cook and wells are now almost unemployable in our league where as someone like kyle is worth his weight in gold, all to fit in 1 extra team !

30 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

38 point team average going to be some weak teams 

get danny phillips signed up before scunny do !

35 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Yippy looks like good news 

final decision in jan/feb 2019 . but its a step in the right direction .

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

final decision in jan/feb 2019 . but its a step in the right direction .

Where that come from ?

Well at least we know there is a chance we could be running next season, so that's positive. Points limit had to be reduced, the difference between the top two leagues this season was virtually nothing. 

i  read it on this forum. it was a post from THJ saying the final decision was to be jan/feb .