British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, jenga said:

chillax !

its good to see that the speedway season now starts in April  instead of March . at  least its giving the weather a chance to brighten up and get a wee bit warmer . 

its deff not a winter sport .  it needs to start mid April and no silly  l o n g  breaks .IMO .

April showers marra..........although about six years back we had a wonderful hot March...I remember having the BQ on St Bees beach area...as for silly long breaks let's hope no one interferes with Comets schedule again ?

Edited by singy13
  • Like 1

great news for all . as they say... strike while the lion is hot ! ! ! 

superb effort from all  connected with marra .speedway . com . %99.999999 of comets fans get an early Christmas

sprezzie...  the other % will have to suck .................:shock:. coal ...

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

It has now been confirmed on the official website that Comets are good to go in 2019 and that talks have also been held with the leader of Allerdale Council about the longer term future of the club.

This is fantastic news for the speedway fan base in Cumbria and i' m absolutely delighted. 

• Brilliant news for all connected with Wukiton Speedway, happy days marra’s :t: Now, the same news from Berwick would be very nice indeed :cheers:
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Fab news for the Comets fans

Thanks Dorothy see you at the Tigers den in 2019 !!!!

What a great feeling to be able to say that :) I'm soooo happy :party:

The hard work now begins to make sure that we all support what Laura, Jacko, Steve are doing in their quest to secure the long term future of our club . Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming fundraising events from the Workington Speedway Trust , we would like the trust to be a major backbone of support to the club as Edinburgh have done,  where us the fans can help

Tricky team building now its lowered to 38 but we get the chance to defend our 3 Titles of our H18tory season 2018

The future is bright the future is BLUE & WHITE :cheers: :drink:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

any one been on the phone to razzer yet 

I expext at least 10 other teams !

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

any one been on the phone to razzer yet 

I dont think there will have been any need to....you bet TJ and Laura will have said to him before he boarded the flight home..."Rasmus..IF we run in 2019, we WANT YOU " !!

Fantastic news for management, riders, and fans, that we are running in 2019. I have ALWAYS been proud to be a Comets fan, ever since going there with my dearly departed dad, way back in 1970. But I am prouder than EVER right now !!  Lets hope TJ has a MUCH easier year planning fixtures etc...he has been through HELL and back this year. 

Congrats to all involved in bringing us back next year. 

"WE BELIEVED"  !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

I expext at least 10 other teams !

They had better keep their hands off OUR Razzer...else there will be a certain Comets "witch" setting the most unpleasant curse on them !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good news for you Comets fans that's all your Christmases in one

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Good news for you Comets fans that's all your Christmases in one

but we like things to come as a trio 

• Like 1

so with at least 4 teams running on a Friday night, how is mr:icon_smile_clown: godfrey going to swing his guests around if one of his love children  get injured....  will he go down the same route and pull loads of fixtures off the fixture list or has he had a good talking too by upper powers ?  .:nono:

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1