British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

so with at least 4 teams running on a Friday night, how is mr:icon_smile_clown: godfrey going to swing his guests around if one of his love children  get injured....  will he go down the same route and pull loads of fixtures off the fixture list or has he had a good talking too by upper powers ?  .:nono:

The other teams in the league need to tell him that if he can't get riders then it up to him to change HIS fixtures and he can go to hell if he thinks he is going to do what he did last year.

• Like 4

The fixture list  in 2018(and I use the term loosely) must have been one of the biggest failures in Speedway last year.:oops:

8 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The fixture list  in 2018(and I use the term loosely) must have been one of the biggest failures in Speedway last year.:oops:

no it was not , the biggest failure was mr godfrey and that chappers chap . 

fixture list came a poor 3rd !

Fantastic news we are running next year, I always had faith we would be.

It will be tougher than ever to build a good solid team with 38 points, but IF we retain at least 5/6 of this years team we will be flying again, would love Nicolai to come back but don't think he'll be riding 2 leagues in Britain, with maybe more commitments abroad.

With that i worked out a few hypothetical teams based on last years team; I really like the 3rd one, but it's probably the least likely of the 3.

1 Rene Bach           7.19

2 Rasmus Jensen  6.59

3 Dan Bewley          6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton 6.32

5 Ty Proctor             6.96

6 Georgie Wood      2.32

7 Kyle Bickley          2.00

Total 38.00

1 Rene Bach                     7.19

2 Bradley Wilson Dean   6.00

3 Dan Bewley                   6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton          6.32

5 Rasmus Jensen           6.59

6 Jack Smith                    2.99  (3.07)

7 Kyle Bickley                   2.00

Total  37.71

1 Rene Bach               7.19

2 Zach Wajtknecht    5.19

3 Dan Bewley             6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton    6.32

5 Rasmus Jensen     6.59

6 Jordan Stewart      4.09

7 Kyle Bickley            2.00

Total  38.00

• Like 2

Guest Ozzy15

Glad to hear Workington are running next year. 

Just so excited to have speedway back next year, and would be happy with each of the 3 line ups you have come up with Marksman. If Nicolai is not racing in the championship next year I would definitely like to see Ty back however.

The 38 limit will make it more challenging for teams to select their line-up. I certainly favour the 'Comets way' of strength in depth over say a Cookie and 6 others - after all he can only get 18 himself and only then if his team are getting stuffed in any case. It will certainly be interesting to see the different approaches to team building. 

I, like others, just hope we have Razzer tied down already.

Happy days, and still basking in the glory of 3 (three) bits of silverware.

• Like 2

I thought we’d be back after  Laura said no need to feel pessimistic at the do. Thought Dan was a bit evasive about coming back though, whatever hope he recovers well from his injury. 

Edited by comet49

3 hours ago, Marksman said:

Fantastic news we are running next year, I always had faith we would be.

It will be tougher than ever to build a good solid team with 38 points, but IF we retain at least 5/6 of this years team we will be flying again, would love Nicolai to come back but don't think he'll be riding 2 leagues in Britain, with maybe more commitments abroad.

With that i worked out a few hypothetical teams based on last years team; I really like the 3rd one, but it's probably the least likely of the 3.

1 Rene Bach           7.19

2 Rasmus Jensen  6.59

3 Dan Bewley          6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton 6.32

5 Ty Proctor             6.96

6 Georgie Wood      2.32

7 Kyle Bickley          2.00

Total 38.00

1 Rene Bach                     7.19

2 Bradley Wilson Dean   6.00

3 Dan Bewley                   6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton          6.32

5 Rasmus Jensen           6.59

6 Jack Smith                    2.99  (3.07)

7 Kyle Bickley                   2.00

Total  37.71

1 Rene Bach               7.19

2 Zach Wajtknecht    5.19

3 Dan Bewley             6.62  (6.79)

4 Mason Campton    6.32

5 Rasmus Jensen     6.59

6 Jordan Stewart      4.09

7 Kyle Bickley            2.00

Total  38.00

some good riders in those teams marksman . but i also like the BLACKHEART one as well .

but we are not choosing the riders .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chris116 said:

The other teams in the league need to tell him that if he can't get riders then it up to him to change HIS fixtures and he can go to hell if he thinks he is going to do what he did last year.

If goes to hell right now it would be even better.

I think we will be lucky to see most of the riders from last season returning.

Klindt surely will be riding in Poland.

Rene has a kid on the way.

Don’t think Dan will be back on a bike that quick.

Dont think Ty will be back generally.

Rasmus, Kyle and Mason I think will return. 

Would like to see someone like Bradley Wilson dean and possibly Ben Barker in the team but obviously depends on permutations.

It,s typical end up with a treble winning team,then go to the AGM and get blown right out of the water to return with the same team to defend the titles

• Like 1

its the bspa/scb ? way of thought ! lower the points limit so most , if not all of the top average guys are forced into the top league only .

it looks like the best way to do it . i agree with it and we, the fans still get entertained . just like the 70,s !

i just wonder who will be the first  to sign a big  s hitter and ruin it for everyone .

cookie back @ Glasgow and having a near 12.00 average . thats entertainment , NOT .

there HAS to be a gulf between the premier and championship . lets get back to the future .

LETS MAKE SPEEDWAY WORK , WHATEVER TEAM YOU SUPPOT 

• Like 3