British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can't beat cheap wine and two cans of special brew on a warm Saturday night down the park bench , is that what you mean by other recreational things Cumbrian style.

Yesh...........after the shpeedway tho....

See you are from Paisley......did you attend at Love Street in about 1974/75 (too young ??)......I remember going to see Comets there at that time and staying in lovely BandB for the night..

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can't beat cheap wine and two cans of special brew on a warm Saturday night down the park bench , is that what you mean by other recreational things Cumbrian style.

You don't realise how close to the truth that is but.... only "two cans" the fourteen year olds drink more than that? :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

not for me and many other shift workers 

ian Thomas always said if they had to run Fridays the crowd was down 

Saturday night is speedway night for me

Yeah all 7 nights for me if poss....................but thought the back end of season crowds for Peterborough and Diamonds/Redcar doubleheader were good turnouts.....maybe need to go to specsavers.

3 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yesh...........after the shpeedway tho....

See you are from Paisley......did you attend at Love Street in about 1974/75 (too young ??)......I remember going to see Comets there at that time and staying in lovely BandB for the night..

I did my Dad used to take me to Coatbridge on a Friday and Paisley on a Saturday although the Lions were well only way to put it crap.

But my town Paisley the open air asylum of Scotland :D.

Just now, Gazc said:

I did my Dad used to take me to Coatbridge on a Friday and Paisley on a Saturday although the Lions were well only way to put it crap.

But my town Paisley the open air asylum of Scotland :D.

Maybe wrong...but I thought their was a decent crowd at Paisley that night....pity it didn't last long.........also went to Coatbridge and the crowd seemed nowhere near as good.

8 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

You don't realise how close to the truth that is but.... only "two cans" the fourteen year olds drink more than that? :D

As for "cheap wine".....what a cheek eh?    I pay no less than £10 for mine................................for 3 bottles.

Maybe wrong...but I thought their was a decent crowd at Paisley that night....pity it didn't last long.........also went to Coatbridge and the crowd seemed nowhere near as good.

Paisley consistently had crowds of 3 - 4 thousand, Neil Mcfarlane made an absolute killing at the time and there crowds blew the crowds at Coatbridge out the water.

But your right it didnt last if i remember the track was very narrow my older brother will remember it better.

Just now, Gazc said:

Paisley consistently had crowds of 3 - 4 thousand, Neil Mcfarlane made an absolute killing at the time and there crowds blew the crowds at Coatbridge out the water.

But your right it didnt last if i remember the track was very narrow my older brother will remember it better.

Yeah track was a bit tight.......to accomodate soccer pitch.......think about 3k there.....McFarlane wouldn't pay rent I believe.

Yeah track was a bit tight.......to accomodate soccer pitch.......think about 3k there.....McFarlane wouldn't pay rent I believe.

Those were the days, i used to go to Workington at the height of the Stoney era some impressive crowds at Workington back then.

How far has this sport fallen it is sad to see.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, singy13 said:

Just think Friday is when most would look to attend at DP....Saturday's see folk do other recreational things in Summer.

Have to disagree there singy...you only had to look at the crowds on Fridays this season ..lose a lot of shift workers too on a Friday

• Like 2

14 hours ago, singy13 said:

As for "cheap wine".....what a cheek eh?    I pay no less than £10 for mine................................for 3 bottles.

Oh dear Singy....£10 wouldn't buy the cork from one of mine!! :D:D

1 hour ago, Lord Lucan said:

Oh dear Singy....£10 wouldn't buy the cork from one of mine!! :D:D

Yeah but I do get concessions......

16 hours ago, Gazc said:

Those were the days, i used to go to Workington at the height of the Stoney era some impressive crowds at Workington back then.

How far has this sport fallen it is sad to see.

Yep the crowds are diminishing.. like snow off a dyke...but as long as I can go to DP and see Comets I'm more than happy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Have to disagree there singy...you only had to look at the crowds on Fridays this season ..lose a lot of shift workers too on a Friday

Suppose so...I also used to think back in the 1970's Sunday afternoons were popular.....nowadays we can't operate on an afternoon on the sabbath which is puzzling.