British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Doesn't usually need to go to the BSPA, as the clubs settle in on the basis that a rider will go where he wants to go to. I get the impression that with the BSPA holding Rasmus's  registration that he might have been an asset of a defunct club and the BSPA then own the registration for administration purposes. Actually on the asset list, all foreign riders are under the column of BSPA riders as the BSPA are responsible for getting the "permission to ride" from the appropriate foreign federation even though they are owned by a club..

You are missing the point Dave and who mentioned anything about Rasmus? Certainly not me!!!

Also I know of certain riders who are owned by individuals under the banner of a club and loan fees go to the individuals.

The BSPA would sell assets of bankrupt and wound up clubs to raise funds however it would now appear that they might be looking to retain assets to generate funds through loan fees which is a good idea to my mind.

However clubs have always had to ask permission of the asset owner to speak to that asset. Whether that is a club an individual promoter or an association. What has been done in the past few years is sides jumping in and offering ridiculous an unsustainable contacts to riders without any consideration for the collective and the upheaval they are causing. Then they bitch about losing money, well Der, you are creating the problem for yourselves in you business approach.

Follow the rules ffs and you won't find yourself in this predicament

Regards

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

1st signing announced tonite at 5pm, bugger at work no phones allowed !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cometfan4eva said:

Is it a new rider or returning one 

OMG get the Tenna Men out I think I am going to wet myself

Where is it going to be announced Web Site? Facebook? Twitter? Unofficial Forum? Fans Forum?

The tension is palpable

Regards
THJ

If it's any of the magnificent seven from last season announced come 5pm I will be a happy man.hopefully we can sign up as many as possible for next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You are missing the point Dave and who mentioned anything about Rasmus? Certainly not me!!!

Also I know of certain riders who are owned by individuals under the banner of a club and loan fees go to the individuals.

The BSPA would sell assets of bankrupt and wound up clubs to raise funds however it would now appear that they might be looking to retain assets to generate funds through loan fees which is a good idea to my mind.

However clubs have always had to ask permission of the asset owner to speak to that asset. Whether that is a club an individual promoter or an association. What has been done in the past few years is sides jumping in and offering ridiculous an unsustainable contacts to riders without any consideration for the collective and the upheaval they are causing. Then they bitch about losing money, well Der, you are creating the problem for yourselves in you business approach.

Follow the rules ffs and you won't find yourself in this predicament

Regards

THJ 

Not really John, as Rasmus was the point of discussion between Singy and mac101 earlier in the discussion.

Sheffield as was ?

That's how I bought Jesper in 1997.

Agreed.

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

OMG get the Tenna Men out I think I am going to wet myself

Where is it going to be announced Web Site? Facebook? Twitter? Unofficial Forum? Fans Forum?

The tension is palpable

Regards
THJ

i think its Jake Allan !

thats opened a can of worms somewhere . :shock:

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think its Jake Allan !

A real can of worms as Jake ALLEN signed with Scunny.

24 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think its Jake Allan !

He's been announced for Scunny man

Pick someone who hasn't been announced

Craig Cook Yeah...

Regards
THJ

Oops, Sorry should read all the posts before I respond

So errrr what he said above!!!

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy