British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

A real can of worms as Jake ALLEN signed with Scunny.

Peek a Boo ....I see you :rofl: You say we are obsessed with Glasgow .....Mwahhahahahaha.... thought you only posted on your own thread so hop along, take Manse with you , not only nicking our riders now taking over our thread .:lol:

But do you know what, Glasgow have threw their money at riders for the last few seasons now, had the best team on paper and got them sweet sod all , so why break the habit of a lifetime . We've proved our point in Speedway and took the "treble" with a team on a budget in our Hi8tory Season 2018, the pressure is all on the likes of you lot to go and do the same but I won't hold my breath, only need to look in the mirror and see where the £100,000 loss went . As for you saying Glasgow don't gazump , I had an interesting conversation with a certain Worky rider just after we knocked you out the Semi, who had, had a phone call from Glasgow mid season (when our home fixtures were nil and we were struggling for revenue) telling him they would take him out the "rubbish" if he wanted to finish the season off with them :rolleyes:

I'm just chuffed we are going to have a team to support this season , that was my dream when the 2018 came to a close :approve:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Peek a Boo ....I see you :rofl: You say we are obsessed with Glasgow .....Mwahhahahahaha.... thought you only posted on your own thread so hop along, take Manse with you , not only nicking our riders now taking over our thread .:lol:

But do you know what, Glasgow have threw their money at riders for the last few seasons now, had the best team on paper and got them sweet sod all , so why break the habit of a lifetime . We've proved our point in Speedway and took the "treble" with a team on a budget in our Hi8tory Season 2018, the pressure is all on the likes of you lot to go and do the same but I won't hold my breath, only need to look in the mirror and see where the £100,000 loss went . As for you saying Glasgow don't gazump , I had an interesting conversation with a certain Worky rider just after we knocked you out the Semi, who had, had a phone call from Glasgow mid season (when our home fixtures were nil and we were struggling for revenue) telling him they would take him out the "rubbish" if he wanted to finish the season off with them :rolleyes:

I'm just chuffed we are going to have a team to support this season , that was my dream when the 2018 came to a close :approve:

Right oki doki thanks once again for your constructive criticism you never fail.

I only popped in to see if you had an accident as you hadn't posted on the Glasgow thread for a whole full day wow you sure your ok.

But just to clarify did you win the treble last year i haven't heard :rofl:.

Edited by Gazc

If it anit any of the current comets that's announced later then would hope it is tero  as he proved in. The league final how good he is 

• Like 1

My money is on our first signing being Mason. 

I think they will keep the likes of our heat leader announcements till last.

56 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Right oki doki thanks once again for your constructive criticism you never fail.

I only popped in to see if you had an accident as you hadn't posted on the Glasgow thread for a whole full day wow you sure your ok.

But just to clarify did you win the treble last year i haven't heard :rofl:.

THE TREBLE :party: two little words you  will highly unlikely get to say :P but thanks for the concern :t:

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

do you honestly think the fabulous 2018  Workington team was on a Budget?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, montie said:

It was sort of planned to be, put together to not win anything to keep costs down...only to surprisingly have our best and probably most expensive season ever! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jenga said:

i think its Jake Allan !

thats opened a can of worms somewhere . :shock:

that tin of worms certainly caught some big fish , now to fry them !

did somebody say JakeAllan had signed for scunny ? didnt see that on this forum . lol.

so , Bradders it is then !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Welcome back Mason!

Noooooooo . :o

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  .:D

one of the riders of the year for , along with the other 6 .lol.

Welcome Home Mason...best 10grand we ever spent....those weegies didn't see a good thing when they had him!!!

I for 1 am pleased he has 'loyalty':t:

• Like 5

So glad it all worked out for mason and we have him back for 2019.Just need to organise a pre season party for him to make up for the one he missed out with having to go back to oz.hint hint shazza. Taylor j.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, montie said:

Amazing eh .....what a story ...but yep at the beginning a team built to keep costs low , no big hitter no 1 , young Kyle entering his first season with no pressure on him to score , so yeah it certainly was . Just all the more sweeter we p**** on a hell of a lot of teams bonfires :rofl::drink:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So glad it all worked out for mason and we have him back for 2019.Just need to organise a pre season party for him to make up for the one he missed out with having to go back to oz.hint hint shazza. Taylor j.

We will get on it after Crimbo :D with a bit of fundraising chucked in too , possibly a meet the riders with a twist (or beer or two) 

• Like 2