British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

Welcome Home Mason...best 10grand we ever spent....those weegies didn't see a good thing when they had him!!!

I for 1 am pleased he has 'loyalty':t:

Me too ...Welcome home Mason , nice to see some “loyalty” instead of dollar signs :t::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got an awful feeling we might end up been the victims of our own success with the vultures with big pockets coming for the lads that helped us achieve so much this season.

• Like 3

Well deserved first signing and one should have been for the Comets.

Staying behind and ricking his chances of a visa shows commitment for a club and richly deserves to be name the first name on the team sheet.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Amazing eh .....what a story ...but yep at the beginning a team built to keep costs low , no big hitter no 1 , young Kyle entering his first season with no pressure on him to score , so yeah it certainly was . Just all the more sweeter we p**** on a hell of a lot of teams bonfires :rofl::drink:

If you think that team was built to keep cost low then then you are in a dream land,,,  but after a fine treble then i guess it hard to to be in dreamland!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Peek a Boo ....I see you :rofl: You say we are obsessed with Glasgow .....Mwahhahahahaha.... thought you only posted on your own thread so hop along, take Manse with you , not only nicking our riders now taking over our thread .:lol:

But do you know what, Glasgow have threw their money at riders for the last few seasons now, had the best team on paper and got them sweet sod all , so why break the habit of a lifetime . We've proved our point in Speedway and took the "treble" with a team on a budget in our Hi8tory Season 2018, the pressure is all on the likes of you lot to go and do the same but I won't hold my breath, only need to look in the mirror and see where the £100,000 loss went . As for you saying Glasgow don't gazump , I had an interesting conversation with a certain Worky rider just after we knocked you out the Semi, who had, had a phone call from Glasgow mid season (when our home fixtures were nil and we were struggling for revenue) telling him they would take him out the "rubbish" if he wanted to finish the season off with them :rolleyes:

I'm just chuffed we are going to have a team to support this season , that was my dream when the 2018 came to a close :approve:

Do I have permission to reply to the above post. Here goes we spoke to Bach at start of season but could not agree terms  funny Workington did [big spenders outbid us ] Next point Glas gow phoning a Workington rider mid season and asking him to sign for us think your making story up [ you don't approach riders mid season when their contracted to a club ] we did speak to a rider before the play offs and he told us of their problems.Maybe that's what he told you.Finally who have we nicked  

Edited by MANSE

Riders come, riders go, can’t really blame riders for going after the best deal for themselves.

“Would you like to work for my company for a £50k salary or another company for £38k salary.”

Not really helping the current situation regarding clubs staying solvent and reducing costs for all but  clubs have different budgets and sponsors.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, montie said:

If you think that team was built to keep cost low then then you are in a dream land,,,  but after a fine treble then i guess it hard to to be in dreamland!

Well I have explained this on another thread however TayorJ is half right when she said no one and not even the Workington promotion at the start of the season gave the team a chance, however what they did is now H18tory, and you are right "a very expensive part of the clubs H18tory" however it was never intentional (honest) and once the greased pig started to run no one could catch it. (injury free most of the season, carried a bit of luck when required, it all added up to a fantastic year)

So to sum it up the team was built to keep costs low (and late in the pre-season as Worky waited a while before they declared to run) however no one expected it to grow into the monster it did and its always nice to "splurge" now and then and once you get carried on the tidal wave of euphoria and success the cost becomes immaterial (it shouldn't but it did). However this years team will be built on a strict budget (I hope) and anything near last years achievement will be a huge task for the team, but hey ho lets see where we get with it all. Predicted Wooden Spoonists last year and won everything, so who knows anything

Regards
THJ

Glasgow are a total joke to British speedway. Pleading poverty in speedway star last week saying this will be there last year unless things change and costs reduce. Then poach a rider who has already agreed a deal with another club, offering silly money in the process.

Well guess what Glasgow promotion, you are creating the problem, not just for yourselfs but also for every other club In British speedway. 

I think rasmus has made the wrong choice and one he could regret.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Riders come, riders go, can’t really blame riders for going after the best deal for themselves.

“Would you like to work for my company for a £50k salary or another company for £38k salary.”

Not really helping the current situation regarding clubs staying solvent and reducing costs for all but  clubs have different budgets and sponsors.

Honestly

I couldn't afford the cut in wages

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Midget said:

Glasgow are a total joke to British speedway. Pleading poverty in speedway star last week saying this will be there last year unless things change and costs reduce. Then poach a rider who has already agreed a deal with another club, offering silly money in the process.

Well guess what Glasgow promotion, you are creating the problem, not just for yourselfs but also for every other club In British speedway. 

Oh dear, Light Blue Touch Paper and stand well back, Hash Tag #thetruthhonesty #oneandonlypost PMSL

Regards
THJ

48 minutes ago, Midget said:

Did I say I feel your pain anyway who said it was Rasmus Jensen THJ didn't.

3 hours ago, Taylorj said:

THE TREBLE :party: two little words you  will highly unlikely get to say :P but thanks for the concern :t:

Jenga said you had broke your crystal ball must have got it fixed eh.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

that tin of worms certainly caught some big fish , now to fry them !

did somebody say JakeAllan had signed for scunny ? didnt see that on this forum . lol.

so , Bradders it is then !

My 8 year old has more intelligence than you, but don't think of it as a negative take the positives out of it in that you are slightly smarter than a 6 year old.

• Haha 1

Right all joking aside really good signing getting Mason back wish him and Workington all the best for the new season.

• Like 1

Tough season for 10k next year where he'll be second or third in the averages. No more reserve slots to fall back on.