British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

McDonald min yi ken 

och aye...................Steve McDonald then hen.

Rasmus will really upset a lot of Comets fans if he has succumbed to what are tantamount to BRIBES by a certain other club !  He stated publicly at the End of Season do that he LOVED WORKINGTON and wants to ride here in 2019 for us if at all possible.  What will all those words actually mean if he doesnt ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Rasmus will really upset a lot of Comets fans if he has succumbed to what are tantamount to BRIBES by a certain other club !  He stated publicly at the End of Season do that he LOVED WORKINGTON and wants to ride here in 2019 for us if at all possible.  What will all those words actually mean if he doesnt ? 

They will mean he loves himself and his family more then Workington

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Not a lot, personally i hope he signs for Workington.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

I don't really wish this to be a negative....BUT....it will be hard to follow the 'Lord Mayors show' of 2018 at Worky in 2019.....however new faces may prove to be aces.

1 hour ago, A.N.Other said:

I've never ever in my life heard a rider utter these very words before..........DISGRACEFUL !!!...........LOL

• Like 4

jumping the gun there people. be patient and stop bad mouthing ANY of the 2018 team .

it will be a hard act to follow , but as rene says , we have to suck it all up and support what when have  in 19 !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

While I would be disappointed not to have Rasmus in the team next year we have to be realistic,. If you had a job and then another employer offered you a substantial amount more for doing the same job but at a different venue then surely its not unlikley that you would accept the other offer. Its a job at the end of the day that has to generate money in order to cover both his racing costsAND provide him with a living wage, like I said I would love him back but no one can really blame him for taking the bigger money.

Edited by Liz !!!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Liz !!! said:

While I would be disappointed not to have Rasmus in the team next year we have to be realistic,. If you had a job and then another employer offered you a substantial amount more for doing the same job but at a different venue then surely its not unlikley that you would accept the other offer. Its a job at the end of the day that has to generate money in order to cover both his racing costsAND provide him with a living wage, like I said I would love him back but no one can really blame him for taking the bigger money.

Unfortunately that is very true Liz and i think if Rasser is moving on then it must  be for a much more lucrative deal than we could offer. The current system or maybe more aptly lack of a system is not conducive to rider loyalty. After saying this though, certain riders at certain clubs do appear to be less mercenary . I would imagine Jake Allen would have been highy sought yet he is once again returning to Scunny who have managed to put there team together very quickly.

The uncertainty around whether or not we were coming to tapes in 2019 won't have helped with getting riders secured for next season in the way that the late Ian Thomas used to do with the likes of Stoney.

It's a challenge for sure but with some shrewd team building i'm confident we can once again be competitive. Circumstance and fortune play a big part in a team being successful and for a change in 2018 these attributes generally smiled upon us.

I'm looking forward to see who will don the Big C in 2019 and hope they will have the ambition and professionalism displayed by the 2018 Comets whom as a unit  were quite simply magnificent.

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

2nd signing announced tonight at 5 o’clock 

Rasmus Jensen I reckon .