British Speedway Forum

The eligibility rules for the NL has changed since he rode though. Literally because of BWD the rules changed that you need a British passport, so he may have ridden NL at the time but now he would NOT be eligible and is not British. 

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The eligibility rules for the NL has changed since he rode though. Literally because of BWD the rules changed that you need a British passport, so he may have ridden NL at the time but now he would NOT be eligible and is not British. 

thanks , thats all i was asking . then spin thing fires bullets !

41 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Wouldn't expect worky to benefit,nothing new,we stand alone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, geoff100 said:

On bspa website ty blaming the distance he had to travel from home in sheffield to workington as a reason for leaving ohdear i can do more miles in a day and again the day after and so on , pretty lame reason me thinks !

Yeah, but he has to factor in the cost of a bottle of water at Scotch Corner Services Geoff (!!)

(I wonder if their profit margin is as good as some "retailers" of bottled water ? ) ;)

Edited by A.N.Other
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Not true though. Poor wording of the rule means that riders that have previously ridden in the league due to patriality would still be eligible. The British passport and ACU licence stipulation only applies to riders new to the league. We know what they mean but it's not what they say.

4 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Not true though. Poor wording of the rule means that riders that have previously ridden in the league due to patriality would still be eligible. The British passport and ACU licence stipulation only applies to riders new to the league. We know what they mean but it's not what they say.

Here we go again ,interpretation of the rules,what’s new:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

BWD confirmed himself in the winter of the rule change that he was no longer eligible for the NL. 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Here we go again ,interpretation of the rules,what’s new:rolleyes:

Forget that, I was totally wrong. I didn't read down far enough. Doh!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

BWD confirmed himself in the winter of the rule change that he was no longer eligible for the NL. 

head it ted 

Edited by jenga

Steve Worrall 8.17 (less 2.5%) 7.97

Campton                                     6.32

Bewley 6.79 (less 2.5%)           6.62

BWD                                             6.0

Aarnio                                          6.83 (personally would prefer Jensen on 6.59)

Thomas                                       2.24

Bickley                                         2.0

Please excuse maffs (sic) and potential reductions which may be wrong.

Could also consider Simon Lambert @4.19 with reduction and Tom Bacon @4.55 with reduction in place of Thomas and one of Bewley/Aarnio/Jensen, though that would give us rather a long tail. There, I think I have covered most options and most riders. I'll get my coat.

i think dan is only doing prem this year , not too sure tho . worrall good shout  . i must have read one of the posts wrong , as i thought mason was going to be the highest average rider in the team .

good night people .

5 hours ago, jenga said:

i think dan is only doing prem this year , not too sure tho . worrall good shout  . i must have read one of the posts wrong , as i thought mason was going to be the highest average rider in the team .

good night people .

I'll be pretty surprised if Mason starts at No 1 jenga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Without looking back, I think THJ gave that impression, maybe Mason would be surprised too. Having said that if most of them are going to be around the same average then maybe, roll on the next one.. S. Worral has been mentioned elsewhere in relation to the Comets..

Edited by comet49
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

me too . i think i read a THJ post wrong .

1 hour ago, jenga said:

me too . i think i read a THJ post wrong .

#1 A N other

#3 Mason

#5 S O Else

Would be my guess! 

• Haha 2