British Speedway Forum

I’ve noticed the Comets headline on back of Times And Star is larger than the Reds one which is above it. Nothing against the Reds but good and deserved, as is more support next season. 

• Like 2

Some good teams being named 

Noticed other clubs taking food use of the 2.5% reduction in average for former national league riders. We only got Kyle so far and we can not reduce his 2 point average.

How Sheffield and Somerset got there teams under 38 point limit looks great team building.

I'm pretty chilled at the moment. Of the teams that have already been put together Sheffield look solid especially if Kemp progresses as everyone expects him to, but they looked strong on paper last year. Scunthorpe also look ok but there will be a bit of pressure on their new Aussies to hit the ground running - I just hope they steer clear of injuries this year, as they would have done very well last year without them - I half expected their last signing to be Joanna Lumley what with their obsession with the letter J, now that would have been absolutely fabulous . With Somerset a lot will depend upon whether Chris Harris can be a**ed or not and I was surprised Jake Allen is not in their line up considering he is their asset. 

The rest of us I guess will have to be a little patient to wait to see who Glasgow don't want or cant fit in.

Great see the Comets being given the Cumbria team of the year accolade, a real tonic for speedway in general....

.....Laura mentions it is an award for the riders efforts, quite rightly..

...but as they are all scattered worldwide none could join the ceremony....my only thought on that comment is - was Dan Bewley not still around locally?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, singy13 said:

Great see the Comets being given the Cumbria team of the year accolade, a real tonic for speedway in general....

.....Laura mentions it is an award for the riders efforts, quite rightly..

...but as they are all scattered worldwide none could join the ceremony....my only thought on that comment is - was Dan Bewley not still around locally?

dan has his health and recovery as his priority . this award presentation was attended by the management and deserved their moment of glory . 

chuffing good stuff .well done all .. its been a dream following this team in 18 . roll on 19 .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

dan has his health and recovery as his priority . this award presentation was attended by the management and deserved their moment of glory . 

chuffing good stuff .well done all .. its been a dream following this team in 18 . roll on 19 .

Yep I'm sure he will be doing all he can to aid his recovery.......................roll on 2019......just sad to see the posts regarding Ramus not returning though....

Nice  vid on comets website at the presentation who ever thought u would see dan in a fancy suit ! Lol

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nice  vid on comets website at the presentation who ever thought u would see dan in a fancy suit ! Lol

where was Dan ? didnt see him  there . only a lovely lady , jacko and some bloke in a wide sharp suit and a tie as wide as the A66 ..   

S Worrall

Campton

Aarnio

Bickley

Jensen

S Lambert 

And fill the blank. Maybe something along them lines 

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

S Worrall

Campton

Aarnio

Bickley

Jensen

S Lambert 

And fill the blank. Maybe something along them lines 

No Jensen, allegedly gone over the  border for the money. Shame!! 

• Haha 1

you can take Jensen out  if the strong rumours are correct , poss  slam bert as well .

Edited by jenga

41 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

S Worrall

Campton

Aarnio

Bickley

Jensen

S Lambert 

Since BWD has already signed for the Comets, adding those 6 would take us well over the points limit at 39.89 

Take out Jensen and add in a 4-point newcomer like Jaimon Lidsey or Joshua McDonald and you're sorted..

S Worrall, Aarnio, Campton, Wilson-Dean, Lambert, McDonald, Bickley

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Since BWD has already signed for the Comets, adding those 6 would take us well over the points limit at 39.89 

Take out Jensen and add in a 4-point newcomer like Jaimon Lidsey or Joshua McDonald and you're sorted..

S Worrall, Aarnio, Campton, Wilson-Dean, Lambert, McDonald, Bickley

Not far away but cannot see Lambert travelling up to Workington again.

Aye Josh MacDonald. Heard his name mentioned for u guys. Forgot about BWD.