British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, H20 said:

Well it seems a known team now 

Tero Arnio

Simon Lambert

Josh Pickering 

Have to be honest I like the first four but not to sure on the team as a whole compared with Sheffield and Somerset. 

Our top four Worrall Arnio Campton Wilson-Dean

Sheffield  King Proctor Howarth Andersen

Somerset Harris Schlien Covatti Kurtz 

Scunny Auty Garrity Allen Neilsen

That's just the teams that's complete I think we are a long way off there level. I was surprised the team leaked actually added up to 38 points.

Josh Pickering has already re-signed for the Monarchs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Tero Arnio

Simon Lambert

Josh Pickering 

Have to be honest I like the first four but not to sure on the team as a whole compared with Sheffield and Somerset. 

That's just the teams that's complete I think we are a long way off there level. I was surprised the team leaked actually added up to 38 points.

Good job it isn't the 4 team tournament then! :D

If you have a look at what reserves some teams have or will end up with it makes it sink in how much weaker the league will be. I think will we be very handily placed in that department

I don't know what your thinking is behind Somerset being strong, spent forces at the top end and weak bottom end, i'm sure most rebels fans would of loved their team to have been built differently, with real crowd favourites missing out.

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 1

Another good signing who is usually very quick from the tapes and will hopefully do what Nicolai did for us last season. Understandably he looked a little tentative into turns 1 and 2 and wasn't attacking the track as much last year after his nasty injury, however I am sure he will get back to where he was.

Congratulations to the promotion for acquiring his signature and it looks like we are going to have a competitive team to watch again this year. Hopefully we will also acquire a few more through the turnstiles too.

Tero next?

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Good job it isn't the 4 team tournament then! :D

If you have a look at what reserves some teams have or will end up with it makes it sink in how much weaker the league will be. I think will we be very handily placed in that department

I don't know thinking is behind Somerset being strong, spent forces at the top end and weak bottom end, i'm sure most rebels fans would of loved their to be be built differently, with real crowd favourites missing out. 

I agree Marksman, I know we haven't completed our team yet, but I think we, along with Sheffield look as if we may have a slight advantage at reserve.

Assuming Cookie goes back to Glasgow I am confident we are going to have a better balanced team than both them and Somerset. Sheffield look the side to beat so far but there is still a lot of team building to take place yet.

• Like 1

Sorry got it wrong

Not Josh Pickering wish it was it's actually Josh McDonald 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Bit of a gater but thats what we need , now being on young dan and we not looking to bad .

Geoff...Dan will NOT be returning to Workington in 2019.  If (and at the present time thats a BIG "If",) he is fit to ride in 2019, he would have far too many individual commitments with other competitions both home and abroad to make it practical for him to ride here. He would be missing from our 1-7 far too often !

Sorry to disappoint !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Tero Arnio

Simon Lambert

Josh Pickering 

You don’t win meetings with 4 riders ! The other 3 have to perform too, and looking at Somerset and Glasgow  once Cook and Rasmus are announced their tail ends are very long...It showed last season a top heavy team doesn’t win the trophies . We have nothing to prove this season , we smashed the Treble , we are going to get 7 guys who want to ride for Workington . It’s not what’s on paper . Nothing wrong with our team so far, I might be slightly dubious with Lambert coming back , but if Josh McDonald is becoming a comet he did really well in the NSW Championship scoring a very respectful 12 points.

Welcome to Workington Super Stevie Worrall :t:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Geoff...Dan will NOT be returning to Workington in 2019.  If (and at the present time thats a BIG "If",) he is fit to ride in 2019, he would have far too many individual commitments with other competitions both home and abroad to make it practical for him to ride here. He would be missing from our 1-7 far too often !

Sorry to disappoint !

Just to add to this, from what I gather, if fit, he will ride at belle vue, Poland and Sweden hoping to sign to ride in Denmark, then U21 championship rounds ,team U21 rounds and possible European championship and/or grand Prix qualifiers, and maybe full team GB side, so would be unavailable for over half of comets fixtures, it would be good to see Dan back, but not any good if going to be missing most weeks,

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Neila said:

Just to add to this, from what I gather, if fit, he will ride at belle vue, Poland and Sweden hoping to sign to ride in Denmark, then U21 championship rounds ,team U21 rounds and possible European championship and/or grand Prix qualifiers, and maybe full team GB side, so would be unavailable for over half of comets fixtures, it would be good to see Dan back, but not any good if going to be missing most weeks,

Simple ditch all the other stuff till he is fit do as take that once said remember where your coming from lol

2 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Look at the tail end though

Scunthorpe - Teenager with no UK experience riding in the 1-5. Bailey & Kinsley. 3 reserves

Glasgow - If rumours are true. Sarjeant at No.2 who has never improved, Chessell & Lawlor. 3 reserves

Somerset - Very very weak reserves. Need the 1-5 firing on all cylinders. Otherwise it will more than likely become a 4 man team away from home. 

Reserves win you silverware. Last year Worky won the treble by having a solid 1-7 with a big hitter at reserve. My team Poole won the title as well by having a solid 1-7 with a big hitter at reserve. 

Think if cookie was fit for the play offs things might have been a little different 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think if cookie was fit for the play offs things might have been a little different 

iiTS h18TORY now , it all starts again in April 19 . ( last time i will mention it )

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

Totally agree with you there, however he wasn't fit and it is now history, but that is why I think we should have cookie again next season as he brought a feel good factor after a disastrous 2017 capitulation and a mediocre start to 2018, he brings passion and was helpful to the rest of the team and tbh I dont really care if we win the league or not, I like to see good racing and a happy team , and Workington deserved to win it all last year as they were the best throughout the season. Before everyone starts saying that Cook is too good for the league and will probably win by half a lap etc, I agree he probably will, but if he misses the gate he is awesome to watch lining up the opposition to pass and that is worth watching for me.

• Like 2

Having cook for the final what have made no diffrence, wells got 10 at glasgow 13 at wton so a max 7 points extra from cook young dans r-r rides were 7 ay glasgow 9 at wton  sure u could add 5 more away points poss 3 at home do evens up me thinks .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1