British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, mac101 said:

Think if cookie was fit for the play offs things might have been a little different 

Hilarious !!!!:rofl: I'm sure Ricky Wells would love that comment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Simple ditch all the other stuff till he is fit do as take that once said remember where your coming from lol

Could you possibly write that again in "Queens English" please ?  Lol. 

5 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Could you possibly write that again in "Queens English" please ?  Lol. 

Simple , ditch all the other stuff till he is fit . Do as Take That once said. Never forget forget where  youre comin  from . 

from a Cumbrian TAKE THAT follower .

17 hours ago, mac101 said:

Think if cookie was fit for the play offs things might have been a little different 

All ifs and buts, engine failures, falls, injuries.......if Dan Bewley was fit.....all part of Speedway.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jenga said:

Simple , ditch all the other stuff till he is fit . Do as Take That once said. Never forget forget where  youre comin  from . 

from a Cumbrian TAKE THAT follower .

My daughter has gone down for a special show tonight, after the Elton John Aids Foundation performance in London, by Take That with Robbie.

Got tickets for Take That when they are at the Riverside, Middlesbrough next year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mac101 said:

Fair point, particularly in such a tight tie, but obviously we Workington fans would have loved to see Bewley and Proctor in the saddle rather than on the sidelines.

I did think, with all due respect to Lakeside and an injury-ravaged Peterborough, that the Tigers/Comets encounter would produce the eventual champions.

25 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

Hope he rides the Workington track better than he did for Scunny in the KO cup final

i think that was a one off meeting. he is normally really strong around Derwent park and the home team were on fire in every heat . but boy , was it cold . 

22 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Look at the tail end though

Scunthorpe - Teenager with no UK experience riding in the 1-5. Bailey & Kinsley. 3 reserves

Glasgow - If rumours are true. Sarjeant at No.2 who has never improved, Chessell & Lawlor. 3 reserves

Somerset - Very very weak reserves. Need the 1-5 firing on all cylinders. Otherwise it will more than likely become a 4 man team away from home. 

Reserves win you silverware. Last year Worky won the treble by having a solid 1-7 with a big hitter at reserve. My team Poole won the title as well by having a solid 1-7 with a big hitter at reserve. 

Your team won the title with some poor refereeing decisions and dodgy rule bending

• Haha 5

Workington clearly  best team  IMO and deserved title

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, clambo71 said:

Your team won the title with some poor refereeing decisions and dodgy rule bending

Not sure which team you're talking about but the description fits every meeting I have seen for years!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HerniaWise said:

Hope he rides the Workington track better than he did for Scunny in the KO cup final

thankyou for that im sure all Workington fans hope he rides well too 

especially when we go to Scunthorpe 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, mac101 said:

Love it, we better asterisk that championship then in true ridiculous American style...

Roll of Honour 2018

SGB Championship Winners - Workington*

*Craig Cook was not present for the Glasgow Tigers in the Championship Play Off Semi-Final fixtures, his replacement Ricky Wells only averaged 10.66 over both legs

• Like 5