British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Jake Allen has said no & is loyal to the Scorpions for a second time. :t:

Kyle Bickley also said no :t: money can’t buy you everything huh 

• Like 2

You are obviously very bitter about Jensen coming up north. 

Not bitter..more disappointed  if im honest!.  Especially when Rasser said your track.was ### s##t and dangerous.  Be interesting to see how he performs if the track doesnt suit him :unsure:

We’re all very disappointed that Razza’s gone, he had some great races round DP and has a very likeable character. It’s hard for riders to turn down money though if nothing was signed. 

28 minutes ago, comet49 said:

We’re all very disappointed that Razza’s gone, he had some great races round DP and has a very likeable character. It’s hard for riders to turn down money though if nothing was signed. 

I have heard one rider did just that...…………..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I have heard one rider did just that...…………..

WOW!

Well I'm sure it would depend how much they were offered AND how they were financially placed themselves at the time........so, no big deal....

4 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

WOW!

Well I'm sure it would depend how much they were offered AND how they were financially placed themselves at the time........so, no big deal....

True but..................from what I heard, it was a lot. In fact, a quite incredible amount.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Jake Allen has said no & is loyal to the Scorpions for a second time.

I understood that Jake Allen was a Somerset asset.

Are you saying he was offered a deal by a third party by any chance. I presume his parent club would have the first option to secure his services, presumably they didn't want him or couldn't fit him in.

Pardon my ignorance on such matters but could someone be so kind as to explain how the asset system works in speedway as it has never made any sense to me. I would have thought that it be better that speedway riders  be classed as self employed (presumably most are and negotiate new contracts each year), or had central contracts with say the BSPA.

Congratulations for securing his services for 2019 by the way, as he was one of the best riders I saw last season. Hopefully you will have an injury free year this time round.

Edited by Carlislecomet2

ass ets . its like running a car hire company . you own the cars. get money from the hirer . even if it does not get used for one summerseason . its cost nowt because u bought it outright . you can either use it your self . let it out  to another company ( club )  so the more  vehicles you have on stock, the more chance of making money off them you have . 

facts n figures ----------- there is only one person to ask .eh .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, shazza13 said:

You are obviously very bitter about Jensen coming up north. 

Not bitter..more disappointed  if im honest!.  Especially when Rasser said your track.was ### s##t and dangerous.  Be interesting to see how he performs if the track doesnt suit him :unsure:

I thought it was Proctor who had the spat about our track in the play off semi final ?

looking @ the DVD of the play off semi @ Glasgow. the track  was giving riders a good shake about . in fact the rides from both teams were not in control most of the times 

looks like there is more scope for improvement in the track prep . 

3 hours ago, comet49 said:

I simply meant a better deal which means more money.

6 hours ago, Tigerforever said:

I thought it was Proctor who had the spat about our track in the play off semi final ?

He did i believe.. this was either the league or trophy meeting can't remember which it was the one where his steel shoe got damaged because of the track....

Razzer going to be a big miss. His form virtually everywhere second half of season was a joy to watch. Some brilliant racing and also some very close calls to be wiped right out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H20 said:

Razzer going to be a big miss. His form virtually everywhere second half of season was a joy to watch. Some brilliant racing and also some very close calls to be wiped right out. 

For me he was the best rider in the league 2nd half of last season. Will be a huge miss that is for sure. 

• Like 2