British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, H20 said:

I agree totally with you on S Lambert I know the league is weaker this season but he is not going to improve any now is he ?

He won't be at reserve and the worry is that neither will BWD and Mason either they are going to have to earn there keep riding in the top 5.

I'm not to confident just how well these lads will do riding in the top 5 from the start with only Steve an out and out heat leader. I know Tero was a cheat leader last year but that was in a very poor Newcastle team.

I think you will find Tero will be a very good signing for you. He rides most tracks well and I can see him upping his average. I'm disappointed he's not back at Newcastle along with a lot of diamond's fans. Good luck for the coming season.

• Like 2

Worky Line up?

1.   Steve Worrall

2.   Simon Lambert

3.   Mason Campton

4.   Bradley Wilson - Dean

5.   Tero Aarnio

6.   Josh McDonald

7.   Kyle Bickley

Anybody any other ideas?

6 minutes ago, workyboy said:

Worky Line up?

1.   Steve Worrall

2.   Simon Lambert

3.   Mason Campton

4.   Bradley Wilson - Dean

5.   Tero Aarnio

6.   Josh McDonald

7.   Kyle Bickley

Anybody any other ideas?

NO. that does it for me ......  good 3 and 4 . tero can do it at most, if not all tracks , simon will be a trump cars @ 2 .  josh and kyle will do good  in the reserves and wozza will do what he always does , but better ! i one man does not win the league , keep all your fancy pants rider  with their serious faces on the photo shoots. we could do the double, treble . time will tell 

• Haha 1

I will admit this they will be a great team to manage. No big egos there just good decent lads 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not as strong as the 2018 team, then again the points limit is lower, an entertaining side but probably built to a strict budget.

Congrats on signing Mcdonald, I saw him ride in the Top Gun at Sheffield and he was well on the pace, will do some damage for you guys.

• Like 1

Lot of question marks now around the potency of the 2019 Comets team. The realisation of the watering down impact of the 38 point team limit is hitting home and imo this is not a good move for a league that has been super competitive in recent seasons.

Have to say the personal excitement felt when last seasons team was announced especially the prospect of watching Dan is not at the same level this time around. Think we could have a long tail away from Derwent Park. 

Looking forward to seeing Josh Mcdonald. The young Aussies are usually racers but its going to be a season of learning for Josh with the resultant high and lows. 

Personally i see Simon as a decent reserve who will be riding second string which may prove challenging especially away from home.

Overall then a bit apprehensive about our prospects but its.great.to know we have speedway next season when it really didn't look like we were going too. Up the Comets. !

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 2

Massive shock signing for Glasgow.... NOT!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Massive shock signing for Glasgow.... NOT!!

I just didn't see it coming, think the baftas have nothing to worry about

Edited by gregory peck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

well now thats all sorted out. what are we going to do now ?

its a long time until September  !

33 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Have the club produced a 2018 highlights DVD? 

Unfortunately we don’t have anyone that films weekly at Derwent Park, but each leg of the three finals were filmed and all three were being sold by Workington Speedway Track Shop, can be found on Facebook :t:

or if you can find Liz !!! somewhere on this thread (first page) I’m sure she could help you out! 

Edited by WorkyWorky

7 hours ago, WorkyWorky said:

Unfortunately we don’t have anyone that films weekly at Derwent Park, but each leg of the three finals were filmed and all three were being sold by Workington Speedway Track Shop, can be found on Facebook :t:

or if you can find Liz !!! somewhere on this thread (first page) I’m sure she could help you out! 

Thank you! 

8 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Have the club produced a 2018 highlights DVD? 

Re-Run have the Lakeside home and away at Workington Grand Final meetings

• Thanks 1