British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

When I followed them in 2004/5 they averaged 1200, where and why did half their fans disappear?! Especially after winning the treble, surprised the missing hundreds didn't return!

Remember 2500 for the Fours and Stoneys Testimonial.

That's 3 teams I've followed now closed, hope Swindon don't go the same way!

why did u stop going ??might answer your question .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

why did u stop going ??might answer your question .

Moved back to Swindon

2 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Moved back to Swindon

Its only 4 hrs or so in a car away lol

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

When I followed them in 2004/5 they averaged 1200, where and why did half their fans disappear?! Especially after winning the treble, surprised the missing hundreds didn't return!

Remember 2500 for the Fours and Stoneys Testimonial.

That's 3 teams I've followed now closed, hope Swindon don't go the same way!

U thought of moving to glasgow  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Its only 4 hrs or so in a car away lol

4.53 hours..but Swindon is half hour walk away..lol

Read the detailed article in The Speedway Star this week, a very sad outcome but hard to see what Management could have done any differently. The comments from riders and Management about care taken to notify 2019 team is very heart-warming, although as suggested some of the unpaid 2018 riders may not feel the same. Really hope a solution can be found for 20202.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Read the detailed article in The Speedway Star this week, a very sad outcome but hard to see what Management could have done any differently. The comments from riders and Management about care taken to notify 2019 team is very heart-warming, although as suggested some of the unpaid 2018 riders may not feel the same. Really hope a solution can be found for 20202.

I would say its high on the managements list, to pay any riders unpaid wages (if that is true), asap, and I think that they wont want to move on until they have done so. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

But I have a sneaky feeling, if that is the case, that none of us will be around to see if that solution is found.  !! B)

2 hours ago, kyle bickley racing said:

And what do you want me to talk about the company I was employed by is no more 2018 cost over 30k I have invested 10k for 2019 already and you want me to talk about fans 

Fans, who pay the money that pay your wages. Ignore them at your peril. No fans, no speedway, no job.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kyle bickley racing said:

And what do you want me to talk about the company I was employed by is no more 2018 cost over 30k I have invested 10k for 2019 already and you want me to talk about fans 

Well said. 

17 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Fans, who pay the money that pay your wages. Ignore them at your peril. No fans, no speedway, no job.

KB had acknowledged the fans in his interview then moved on to how it has/would affect him. (The main point of interviewing a RIDER). People aren't going to stop supporting speedway because riders aren't blowing smoke up the fans' backsides. 

• Like 1

all riders earn their money. kyle  invests to get better and progress in his chosen sport . one day mate , you will be up there  . was looking forward to seeing your 2nd year in the championship. looks like i may have to get the passport  renewed to see you race .. stick in kid , ya got it . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Except Kyle doesn't ignore the fans, quite the opposite he is polite, courteous and considerate towards them but when a journalist asks you how much you spent on equipment last year you answer honestly. When the same asks how much you have spent for the forthcoming season you answer honestly, when you are asked if you are pizzed off you answer honestly. It's not hard to work out surely even you can see that article wasn't written and published by Kyle Bickley!

• Like 4

Having interviewed Kyle on more than one occasion (not the one being discussed!) I can confirm that he conducts himself honestly, candidly and in a very mature fashion. He certainly values supporters and will always give a straight and thoughtful answer to a straight question. I'm pleased to see him sticking up for himself here.

For what it's worth, I have a high regard for Frigbo's forum contributions but respectfully suggest he's just misread this one a touch. 

2 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Having interviewed Kyle on more than one occasion (not the one being discussed!) I can confirm that he conducts himself honestly, candidly and in a very mature fashion. He certainly values supporters and will always give a straight and thoughtful answer to a straight question. I'm pleased to see him sticking up for himself here.

For what it's worth, I have a high regard for Frigbo's forum contributions but respectfully suggest he's just misread this one a touch. 

There you go, if your name was Burbidge I'd bury you :o

• Like 1