British Speedway Forum

On 2/25/2019 at 6:18 AM, Byker Biker said:

There by the grace of god....

Indeed. With the break even figure at Arlington increasing following promotion, the Eagles might need removing as well, in a years time!

19 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Indeed. With the break even figure at Arlington increasing following promotion, the Eagles might need removing as well, in a years time!

They wouldn't be a Championship club so should not be in the Championship section: it would be similar to the position Workington are in.

There's still a place on the forum for Workington but this section is not it. 

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

They wouldn't be a Championship club so should not be in the Championship section: it would be similar to the position Workington are in.

There's still a place on the forum for Workington but this section is not it. 

Rye House are still in the premiership section, so the wheels of the moderators turn slow.

• Like 1

Really!!! Does it matter? Worky are still on ice, yes it’s all looking very challenging. The 2019 thread is very welcome and can provide any future updates, hopefully positive. Some good posters on the thread - only Jenga takes some translation ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i will try and do me bestest typing. no spellcheck , so just winging it all the time .

22 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You're opening night when we were the opposition, you had a crowd of 4400. For years after that, with Peter I and Stoney as your top riders, you used to average 2200, a lot of whom came to Brough to try and turn us over. Your away fans paid many a big bill for us, so thank you for their attendances. :P 

For the original 'opening night' in April 1970 the crowd was approx 6,000..........settling to around 3,000 for the next 2/3 years...alas Speedway is a novelty sport that many fans choose to eventually ignore and the fight becomes harder in tandem.

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

For the original 'opening night' in April 1970 the crowd was approx 6,000..........settling to around 3,000 for the next 2/3 years...alas Speedway is a novelty sport that many fans choose to eventually ignore and the fight becomes harder in tandem.

Yep I was talking about your 1999 reopening. Figures from an insider so they are true. It was really crowded wasn't it. :D

53 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yep I was talking about your 1999 reopening. Figures from an insider so they are true. It was really crowded wasn't it. :D

Yes both figures were true enough, I was at both.....Speedway boasted bigger crowds than the Rugby League and soccer teams in their early/best years of each Ian Thomas inspired regime......

Crowded, well maybe ? tho DP can still host 10,000 speccies.

By the way the attendances (for most of Comets meetings) were not all that bad given that Workington, and nearby Whitehaven, each have a population less than 30,000...pro rata the crowds were better than big town outfits.....although you could say the 'counter-attractions' were inferior:drink:

• Like 2

Was a good nite yea a bit of efin and gefin but did not spoil it,was packed out did not rate Tai before the event, but came over very well now got my respects, one thing he did say he does not like the team GB team manager !!

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Was a good nite yea a bit of efin and gefin but did not spoil it,was packed out did not rate Tai before the event, but came over very well now got my respects, one thing he did say he does not like the team GB team manager !!

whos the new manager then 

11 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

whos the new manager then 

I don't think there will be a new manager as it's well known that Tai and Rosco are not particularly matey, but they still work together. 

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I don't think there will be a new manager as it's well known that Tai and Rosco are not particularly matey, but they still work together. 

Lots of riders don't get on with their team manager,..but only one of them is making the moves on the bike.

• Like 1

My way or no way from Tai a lot of the time.IMO.He is trying to improve things though.#arting against Thunder IMO.

• Like 1