British Speedway Forum

Nice to see a good turnout of comets fans at Redcar supporting Ben Barker's testimonial

josh mcdonald in the sheffields meeting today along with kyle bickley as reserves . kick off 4 pm .  

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

It is the company that Laura is connected to, I don’t think co promoter Tony Jackson has any connection though. 

Edited by comet49

I'm sure Tony Jackson is only a Co-Promotor not anything to do with the ownership of the company that runs the speedway. It says Laura is the Director and Steve was a Co-Director but got removed a few years ago.

If this is true we can kiss goodbye to speedway ever returning to Workington.

I agree this doesnt look good at all for the future of the Comets, and on the face of it, it LOOKS to many of us that Laura was in much greater debt than we imagined. But this may NOT be the case....Laura and her brother had MANY business interests, and "LJM Asset Management" might just have no financial connection to the speedway business she runs ?  So maybe try not to pre-judge the effect of its demise has or has not, on the Comets....yet ?

• Like 1