British Speedway Forum

I think we all appreciate you "coming to the fore" again THJ..thanks for explaining what your proposals were and how they were affected.  

(For those that are still trying to work it out..."LLP" stands for "Limited Liability Partnership" unless I stand corrected ? . Go wikipedia it. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

In todays news and star the cost of the new stadium has gone up to 25 million as sellafield want office space! Still ni mention of the comets in the plans .

21 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Fans from the 70s will be saddened  to know the guy who drove the tractor known as " big c" brian hartley passed away over the weekend rip a gentle giant .

Very sad news indeed, we were neighbours for several years, he was a great supporter of the Comets, lovely man :(

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

In todays news and star the cost of the new stadium has gone up to 25 million as sellafield want office space! Still ni mention of the comets in the plans .

I seen something a few week ago, somebody saying  that DP was to be demolished to make space for Sellafield offices, perhaps not.

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

https://www.whitehavennews.co.uk/news/17346077.new-25m-sports-stadium-to-house-300-sellafield-staff-and-nhs-workers/

Statement this morning that the Comets will not run in 2019.

I am deeply saddened by this news. Although I did not attend every week I loved coming up on Saturdays - a terrific run, some tea and a couple in the Henry Bessemer, some great company and almost always a good meeting. A real shame, but I am not totally surprised as attendances simply weren't good enough.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

Very sad news,if you can't get the backing of the punters after winning the treble I don't think you ever will,a bleak day for sport,or lack of it in cumbria

• Sad 1

Another one gone... Always sad to see a speedway club fold. Who’s next? 

Edited by Shadders

Very sad to hear this news

Such a shame that the promises of help made didnt come through

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Come on keith where are u 

He was losing money too, unlikely to want to lose more..

Really sad news.

Have to feel for the seven riders. They must feel that they've been badly stitched up. Rasmus will be pleased he followed the big money to Glasgow.  He was slated for not showing any loyalty to Workington but that all seems a bit hypocritical now.

Hope this isn't the end for the Comets.