British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I think it was jeff brownhunt who was at silloth was it will harrison and mitch graham at derwent park ?

Yeah the one at Silloth was run by brownhutt and former comet Jeff penniket as the main spokesperson,remember him promoting it on border TV,and posters all over the shop ""introducing the Hell drivers"

On 1/18/2019 at 4:54 AM, cityrebel said:

Hard as it is for the fans, for some of them it must feel like the end of the word. I know it did for me when Wimbledon closed. Riders will never have the same attachment to clubs like the supporters do, they just move on to the next job. The days of one club men like Ronnie Moore are well an truly over. How would you feel if Sheffield shut?.

You try reading Mason Campton article and tell me again that it's harder on the fans than the riders. I have full sympathy for the workington loyals. But I'm sorry, nothing compares to losing a job or in Campton case, a career.

• Like 4

I am gutted with the situation at Workington.. I love my team very much.  BUT I actually find myself not gutted for me as a fan but for the 7 lads who would have worn the big C with pride. It is a shame it ended this way for all concerned especially Laura & Jacko who bleed Workington speedway.

As a loyal fan I will however endeavour in anyway I can along with my fellow die hards to keep the Comets memory alive in 2019 and we will do our best to help the Comets rise again however we can.

#keepthefaith #Cometswillriseagain

• Like 9

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

You try reading Mason Campton article and tell me again that it's harder on the fans than the riders. I have full sympathy for the workington loyals. But I'm sorry, nothing compares to losing a job or in Campton case, a career.

aint seen masons article 

but I fully understand and agree with what your saying

12 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Got to feel for them all but Mason in particular has been hit really hard by the what has happened at Worky. Hopefully we can return to racing in 2020 on a stronger financial footing. I would like to think that there is a strategy being compiled that can help us achieve this, one that all us fans can contribute to in whatever way and to whatever level we can. Gonna miss my speedway fix at Derwent Park of that there is no doubt.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Gonna miss my speedway fix at Derwent Park of that there is no doubt.

So now the 2019 fixtures are out it makes the loss of Comets even more sad. Now being on the outside looking in at all the anticipated thrills, spills and excitement from those still operating a track is almost mind blowing...:(

• Sad 1

i have a genuine question:

Did all them meetings in October have an effect on the club for example were attendances good?

55 minutes ago, penchev said:

Did all them meetings in October have an effect on the club for example were attendances good?

Suspect it cut down the losses !

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

So now the 2019 fixtures are out it makes the loss of Comets even more sad. Now being on the outside looking in at all the anticipated thrills, spills and excitement from those still operating a track is almost mind blowing...:(

Very sad indeed :cry: !!

If there is any chance that Comets can come to the tapes in 2020 we need to do everything we can to help Laura bring it back....

• Like 5

8 hours ago, penchev said:

A significant reason that the Comets cannot run this year, is just that...the sheer volume of meetings they were forced to fit in, within such a short space of time !  In other words, they were literally "victims of their own success" !!  Whilst attendances were up on normal for a lot of those meetings, it STILL wasnt enough to pay off debts unfortunately. 

18 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

A significant reason that the Comets cannot run this year, is just that...the sheer volume of meetings they were forced to fit in, within such a short space of time !  In other words, they were literally "victims of their own success" !!  Whilst attendances were up on normal for a lot of those meetings, it STILL wasnt enough to pay off debts unfortunately. 

did the club not get any reward from the bspa for winning the league and two cups . were there no cash incentives for winning those 3 trophies given to the comets management at all ?

Edited by jenga
wheres me hat ?

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

did the club not get any reward from the bspa for winning the league and two cups . were there no cash incentives for winning those 3 trophies given to the comets management at all ?

Nope. The Cup plus 10 little ones usually.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nope. The Cup plus 10 little ones usually.

what . £10  ?    so thats £30 . 

• Haha 1

In all the cup competitions I believe the comets management provided the medels to give the riders, the beloved Bspa did not provide any !! And I was told the shield for the shield final was not the official one, this was lost by the Bspa, it was on loan from a collector of speedway items, 

6 minutes ago, Neila said:

In all the cup competitions I believe the comets management provided the medels to give the riders, the beloved Bspa did not provide any !! And I was told the shield for the shield final was not the official one, this was lost by the Bspa, it was on loan from a collector of speedway items, 

so the collector stole the official shield and then loaned it back for the final .. or is that fake news ?

Edited by jenga
rat a tat hat !